Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone ever wake up paralyzed before?
(12-03-2015, 06:35 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I usually go sleep on my side,but every time I've done it,I've woke up on my back. 

Yeah.  The only times it happened to me was that period when I was consistently sleeping on my back due to the back / neck issue.  Hasn't happened since.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 06:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: a Few times...  

Once i couldnt move and realized the dog was sleeping on my chest

Once it was cause i was in a sleeping bag and the tent had collapsed.

and once my arms where both numb and i was wrapped up in blankets and couldnt move.

These.... These are different than what he is talking about.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Sleep and dreams are not fully understood. They are still somewhat mysteries.

Lack of sleep can mess with people in a lot of bad ways.
Reply/Quote
Did you know that you can talk to people who are talking in their sleep, but they will wake up if you say their name.

When you are in a dream and you realize you are in a dream that is called "lucid dreaming". When lucid dreaming you can control everything and do whatever you want.
Reply/Quote
According to the Onion, there is a new study that says humans were never meant to awaken from sleep.

http://www.theonion.com/article/new-study-finds-human-beings-were-never-meant-to-w-34288?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:NA:InFocus

Quote:BOSTON—According to a new study published in The New England Journal Of Medicine this week, human beings were never meant to wake up after falling asleep, but were rather supposed to remain in a deep, peaceful slumber until eventually expiring. “Our research team of evolutionary biologists conducted an extensive and thorough examination of human physiology, past and present, and determined that human beings were, in their ideal state, supposed to be born, spend a solid 12 hours awake as an infant, and then lie down for a tranquil, dream-filled sleep from which they would then not awaken,” lead researcher Dennis Zeveloff said of the findings, which also suggest that life for early man was not supposed to last longer than one day. “Eventually, after spending three or four weeks lying comfortably in bed, humans were meant to just slide directly into death. In fact, the truly optimal state toward which human evolution aspired was for all individuals to succumb to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome almost instantly after exiting the womb.” The study concluded that, based on these findings, coma patients should be considered among the most highly evolved humans on the planet.

Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 10:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Did you know that you can talk to people who are talking in their sleep, but they will wake up if you say their name.

When you are in a dream and you realize you are in a dream that is called "lucid dreaming".  When lucid dreaming you can control everything and do whatever you want.

I know it all too well, my dad was on to me about my report card when I was kid. I had gotten it almost 5weeks earlier, now I was probably 11 and knew I would be spanked and grounded. Seems my best grade was a low d. I had it hid under my mattress. 

So I get up 1 morning for school and my dad was home, there was no work his drill machine was down. There he sit drinking his coffee and oh gawd holding my report card, after the smoke cleared I asked how he found it. He said while getting ready for work I was talking in my sleep and he (knowing I was lying about my card)ask me while I was talking and I told him right where it was.  Cry
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 05:47 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Holy shit.  I had no idea thats what its called.  Looking at the webmd page, looks like sleeping on your back can be a cause.  wow.  Learn something everyday.  Thanks man.

Yeah, I had never heard of it either. It is a very scary feeling. Everything in that web md article is dead on. 

Well its comforting to know its nothing serious, but when it happens its still scary as hell none the less. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It's happened to me a couple of times. The only time it bothered me was when it happened after having a drink with Bill Cosby...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It happened to me a lot when I was 13-16 years old. About once a month I would wake up randomly in the middle of the night and I couldn't move at all except for my eyes and my right arm I thought it was a weird dream the first few times.. I could move my eyes around and look around the room but my body wouldn't respond at all. If I focused on thinking about moving my right arm I could slowly move it but It took a lot of effort. By the time I could move my arm from the side of my body to across my body I would snap out of it and feel like I just woke up.

If I remember right it has something to do with your body still being in deep sleep even though your brain is waking up. It used to scare the piss out of me at first but eventually it happened so much I knew that if I focused on moving my arm I would snap out of it but it still always freaked me out some.

I've always wondered what it looks like to the other people in the room if they saw it.
Reply/Quote
I've had it happen. I was like holy crap I can't move!
Reply/Quote
Also had it happen where I slept on my hand overnight and woke up with no feeling in my hand. It was dangling for awhile. I actually thought I had a stroke or something. It took 5 minutes to wake up but when it did it felt like needles were jabbing me once the blood was able to flow in there.
Reply/Quote
I've had it happen to me a couple times, but they've been pretty crazy experiences.

Usually I'd feel like I'm asleep, but know I'm not. I'd try to move but I couldn't, no matter how hard I tried. What was worse was I would have an eerie feeling that something was watching me. I can't move, can't blink, can't do anything. What's worse is sometimes my body feels cold. It's one of the scariest things. I even try to move my mouth and talk and I can't. I can just move my eyes and that's it. I don't even have to sleep on my back for it to happen.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote