Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone going to KC?
(01-24-2023, 05:56 PM)packerbacker Wrote: How far of a drive is Cincinnati to KC?

About 9 hours.  Almost 600 miles according to Google maps.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 06:00 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: About 9 hours.  Almost 600 miles.

Is it the same Interstate the whole way?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 05:36 PM)basballguy Wrote: Kudos to everyone going to KC.  I went to both Houston playoff games and swore to myself i'll never go to another road playoff game again....just too depressing if we lose.

Ugh, those were miserable to watch on tv, let alone see in person.  I, like no doubt many here, witnessed two home playoff games during that 2011-2015 span when you saw the Texans games.  Not good times.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 05:56 PM)packerbacker Wrote: How far of a drive is Cincinnati to KC?

9 hours.  Both of my sons are going.  Little worms left me here to take care of their kids.  Bengal Jim has something going Saturday night and if the weather cooperates and they don't get pulled over between Cincy and KC they're going to get there in time for that.

For the above posters who are hesitant to invest in what might be a loss -- I'm a longtime season ticket holder who has lost count of the times I've shelled out money out of my retirement account, stood in the cold for 4 hours, and made the trek back to my car with my heart ripped out.  And I'll keep doing it until I can't.  Loving the Bengals is worth it.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 06:12 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: 9 hours.  Both of my sons are going.  Little worms left me here to take care of their kids.  Bengal Jim has something going Saturday night and if the weather cooperates and they don't get pulled over between Cincy and KC they're going to get there in time for that.

For the above posters who are hesitant to invest in what might be a loss -- I'm a longtime season ticket holder who has lost count of the times I've shelled out money out of my retirement account, stood in the cold for 4 hours, and made the trek back to my car with my heart ripped out.  And I'll keep doing it until I can't.  Loving the Bengals is worth it.

You guys don’t have any snow at all do you? I hope the weather is good for you guys traveling.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 01:31 PM)phil413 Wrote: Looks like Who Dey nation was repped well in Buffalo, hope to see them travel well to KC.  If tickets drop below 400 out the door I may (handling fees are crazy) but if not I'm sure they have great viewing partys in Cincy.  To any going bring back a win!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No to KC, but yes to Phoenix if Bengals beat the Chiefs. I went to Super Bowl in LA and other than crappy city, great time and wild experience.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 06:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No to KC, but yes to Phoenix if Bengals beat the Chiefs. I went to Super Bowl in LA and other than crappy city, great time and wild experience.

Speaking of the Super Bowl in Phoenix, who should we root for in the earlier game on Sunday? Does the fact that the game is in Phoenix, does this mean that San Francisco will likely dominate the stadium? 
Reply/Quote

Driving from Dayton, OH it is 9-10 hours for me. I will be there!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 04:08 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Hey, thanks! It was an awesome trip. loved the Bengals takeover that took place in the hot spot restaurants. Here is the view from our seats. There were 3 of us. The KC3!

Not sure if my google album link will show photos or not. There's a video of the game winning kick in my link as well... It is a 16 second long clip

The guy yelling in the video and shaking me is one of my life long best friends. He flies in for every game from Denver.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/f6gS2ZvEPzvAadgH6

Those pics are AWESOME!!!!! Thanks for sharing. Bring us back another dub!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 06:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Ugh, those were miserable to watch on tv, let alone see in person.  I, like no doubt many here, witnessed two home playoff games during that 2011-2015 span when you saw the Texans games.  Not good times.  

I've never seen the Bengals lose in person except for the 09 playoff embarrassment....even when we sucked. I'm never doing another playoff game, lol. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 07:25 PM)Nepa Wrote: Speaking of the Super Bowl in Phoenix, who should we root for in the earlier game on Sunday? Does the fact that the game is in Phoenix, does this mean that San Francisco will likely dominate the stadium? 

Eh, most Super Bowl tickets are bought by rich people who don't follow any particular team, they buy the tickets in advance just for the party and to say they went. "Most" of those people would probably root for the Bengals I would think.
As for who to root for, I'd rather play Philly if Hurts re-aggravates his injury against the SF defense, which is very likely. If he is 100%, I'd rather play the 9ers, not just for revenge, but because I think Lou can totally confuse Mr. Irrelevant. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 07:25 PM)Nepa Wrote: Speaking of the Super Bowl in Phoenix, who should we root for in the earlier game on Sunday? Does the fact that the game is in Phoenix, does this mean that San Francisco will likely dominate the stadium? 

Both teams are very good, both have huge fan bases. I was shocked how many Bengals fans were at the 2021 LA Rams home Super Bowl. The Bengals are adding fans all over the country, I am confident regardless of who we play, the stadium would be full of "Who Dey Chants"

But first, we have to beat a great KC team who is seeking revenge for 2021.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If they win I am thinking about going to Arizona and staying with my brother who lives there. Wouldn’t be able to attend the game but maybe the SB experience and just being around the area would be fun. I have off the Mon and Tuesday after so really no excuse not to go if we win.

I live about an hour from LA and I did not go to anything over there before last year’s game. Not a fan of that city - crowds, traffic etc.
Phoenix would be a much better city to visit for the SB.
Reply/Quote
Anyone going to try out a steakhouse while in KC?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Now I really wish I were headed to Kansas City to see the game. The current forecast here is -18 at kickoff and dropping another ten degrees over the 3 hours. You know what? Bengals pull this off again, and I won't give a darn what the weather is!
Reply/Quote
Got a call at 5:30 a.m. this morning. One of my friends, who is going with a group, said one of his group dropped out. And, I could have the tic, the bus ride, night’s lodging, return bus for ½ of what it cost…..which was $800. So, my cost would have been $400. They were leaving at 6:30 this morning.

I was groggy, told him no. Now that I’m awake, kind of wished I went.

I know about 20 people who are going.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 11:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: I've never seen the Bengals lose in person except for the 09 playoff embarrassment....even when we sucked. I'm never doing another playoff game, lol. 

Oh yes, Mark ***** Sanchez.  That was a horrible game, too.  No last minute fumble or dumbass penalties mind you, but still a shit show.  And damn cold.

I have a cousin who is attending the game, but I never gave it a moment's consideration.  That's a long ass drive to freeze in hostile territory.  I'll just enjoy it from the recliner and will settle for attending the parade in downtown Cincinnati in about 17 days  ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote