Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone going to Vegas for the draft?
Wife and I are flying in Wednesday and going home Saturday. I love watching it so I figured I would have to go and experience it live at least once in my lifetime and this time it’s only a short flight away. It will be an adjustment having to wait that long to see the Bengals first pick. I’m used to finding out who we are taking within the first hour.

I’ve been to Vegas tons of times throughout my life but always drove/rode but I’ve never flown there so this should be fun.

So are any of you degenerate gamblers using the draft as an excuse to go to Las Vegas?
Reply/Quote
Vegas will be great venue. I'm thinking the draft location will still be in the Bellagio and Caesars area, as it was planned prior. Since I've only flown into Vegas, probably 7 or 8 times, I can tell you the service from Airport to hotel is relatively easy. Taxis offer just a fixed rate...lowest if you are going to the south end, and increasing in price if you are staying at a hotel on the north end. Taxis sit out there all day at the hotels when you need to return to the airport, fixed price also. No reservations are ever needed for the transportation. I suppose you could Uber it also. Would like to go, but it's not on the list currently.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If I wasn't going to Myrtle Beach the day after the first night of the draft, I'd love to.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Not sure about the draft; although, it is something to consider.

I am going to the Combine:

https://nfl.events.thuzi.com/brand/53d80e7d07448960057c3269/event/620d63eea453294afe168017/activation/620e68f2a453294afe1691f2/content/62169015c842a649b90227d3/0
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I want to stay here so I can better see evaluations of our picks and do research on them.

I realize you can post on here from your phone but I think it would just be too much of a hassle to follow all the posts and threads from my phone.

I might go out with friends to watch the first few rounds but I'll be home posting after and I'll also be able to follow other teams' picks easier.
Reply/Quote
went to the draft last year in Cleveland, if you've never been I would recommend it!!! OTOH once you have gone then really no rush to do it anytime soon. It was a fun experience, but not an every year thing
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 08:36 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Wife and I are flying in Wednesday and going home Saturday. I love watching it so I figured I would have to go and experience it live at least once in my lifetime and this time it’s only a short flight away.  It will be an adjustment having to wait that long to see the Bengals first pick. I’m used to finding out who we are taking within the first hour.

I’ve been to Vegas tons of times throughout my life but always drove/rode but I’ve never flown there so this should be fun.

So are any of you degenerate gamblers using the draft as an excuse to go to Las Vegas?

IF they won the Super Bowl this year, I had a long standing bet with a couple buddies that we would go to Vegas for our "draft party", but had no idea it was being hosted in Vegas this year.  
Reply/Quote