Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone going to the Chiefs game?
Just curious who's all going to the preseason game this Saturday. I was lucky enough to stumble upon a few tickets and got off of work. Was just seeing if anyone else was going to be there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not even sure I would go to a preseason game even if I got some free tickets. Buying $10 beers to watch a lot of players I have never heard of, who won't make an NFL roster, playing a game where neither team is implementing any real schemes.

Or stay at home, buy a 12-pack for $10, watch the first quarter, then go do something else.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yes we will be there and also have our tailgate in full swing. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to swing by pre game and have some drinks and food, our tailgate is in Lot D right next to the stadium.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 09:08 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not even sure I would go to a preseason game even if I got some free tickets. Buying $10 beers to watch a lot of players I have never heard of, who won't make an NFL roster, playing a game where neither team is implementing any real schemes.

Or stay at home, buy a 12-pack for $10, watch the first quarter, then go do something else.

What kind of beer are you buying?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 08:22 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Just curious who's all going to the preseason game this Saturday. I was lucky enough to stumble upon a few tickets and got off of work. Was just seeing if anyone else was going to be there.

The stadium looked pretty empty last week on TV. They said 44,000 was the attendance but I didn't see that many or count them..Lol  You could probably sit wherever you want to tomorrow!
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 09:08 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not even sure I would go to a preseason game even if I got some free tickets. Buying $10 beers to watch a lot of players I have never heard of, who won't make an NFL roster, playing a game where neither team is implementing any real schemes.

If the game is like the Jags-Bucs, the first-team will be in for the first half.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 11:54 AM)sandwedge Wrote: The stadium looked pretty empty last week on TV. They said 44,000 was the attendance but I didn't see that many or count them..Lol  You could probably sit wherever you want to tomorrow!

Problem with preseason games is that they are required for season tickets. But a decent number of people don't go to them even if they have the tickets from being season ticket holders.
So that 44,000 count is definitely skewed because of tickets sold, not butts in the seats.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 11:52 AM)sandwedge Wrote: What kind of beer are you buying?

Yuengling (not light), unless I feel the need for some craft beer or something.

So if I go to the game, I drink Budweiser, because Bud Light is water, and Miller Lite is pee diluted with water. Lol

(08-18-2017, 12:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the game is like the Jags-Bucs, the first-team will be in for the first half.

Are we calling whatever the heck Blake Bortles is doing on a football field as first-team? Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not going to any games this year. Watching all on TV. Just can't stand crowds anymore.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 12:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Problem with preseason games is that they are required for season tickets. But a decent number of people don't go to them even if they have the tickets from being season ticket holders.

Guilty.
Reply/Quote

. a pre season game is really nice to bring kids to.. much more laid back and not the tense emotions you have at regular season games, i just wish they would reduce the price of the tickets..

You don;t have to buy beer and actually it is not $10 and it is larger than your good old can.. and if you are drinking a 12 pack, i prefer you to stay home than drive back home from game...  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I'm going with my dad (as usual) and my son and one of his teammates.  To show how much changes in one year, I will take a pic of them at the same spot as a year ago.  Wow.  They have both grown about 5" since last season.  A year ago, they were running around the entire stadium by halftime with their phones "capturing pokemon" and that died as quick as it came.  

We will get there super early and try to get in at the Lager House (Moerlein), and sit outside along the river.  My dad loves that, and I think it is a pretty cool spot as well.

I actually really like the preseason games as I watch and evaluate the new guys and there is no stress (other than praying for no injuries) and even less drunken assholes.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm going with my dad (as usual) and my son and one of his teammates.  To show how much changes in one year, I will take a pic of them at the same spot as a year ago.  Wow.  They have both grown about 5" since last season.  A year ago, they were running around the entire stadium by halftime with their phones "capturing pokemon" and that died as quick as it came.  

We will get there super early and try to get in at the Lager House (Moerlein), and sit outside along the river.  My dad loves that, and I think it is a pretty cool spot as well.

I actually really like the preseason games as I watch and evaluate the new guys and there is no stress (other than praying for no injuries) and even less drunken assholes.

This is why having a professional team in your town is great... you can't duplicate this type of experience in front of the TV.. have fun and hope all goes well with your son's school year... .   :andy:
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 10:12 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This is why having a professional team in your town is great... you can't duplicate this type of experience in front of the TV.. have fun and hope all goes well with your son's school year... .   :andy:

Thanks!  Yeah, I think the story has been shared numerous times on here, but I bought PSLs for season tickets at the new stadium before I bought a car, or a house.  It had been my #1 goal for a loooong time, and it is something I do with my dad, and sometimes wife and son/daughter.  But it is always dad and I....

Good thing he goes, something snapped when a steeler fan stood and waved his towel and cheered as Palmer writhed on the ground...I got about two steps toward him before my dad grabbed me.  

:andy:
Reply/Quote
I have 2 tix row 13 behind the enemys sideline I wont be using........anyone want 2 freebies ?
Reply/Quote
If we still lived in the area I'd love to take my dad to a ps game, but he's 88, almost 89, blind in his good eye and not doing a hell of a lot better in his bad eye and he has absolutely zero patience for anything remotely resembling having to wait for anything much less a time out. First kick off and he'd be ready to leave. 
On second thought, no, he'd be miserable and would make it his lifes work to make sure I was as well..
If it's on TV I might go sit beside him and listen to him gripe about every single commercial and argue over all his false memories since dementia has pretty much set in..
Don't get me wrong. I love my dad, but he ain't the same guy he was just a few years ago. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Nope, I wish. Visited there the last time we played and loved it.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 12:08 PM)grampahol Wrote: If we still lived in the area I'd love to take my dad to a ps game, but he's 88, almost 89, blind in his good eye and not doing a hell of a lot better in his bad eye and he has absolutely zero patience for anything remotely resembling having to wait for anything much less a time out. First kick off and he'd be ready to leave. 
On second thought, no, he'd be miserable and would make it his lifes work to make sure I was as well..
If it's on TV I might go sit beside him and listen to him gripe about every single commercial and argue over all his false memories since dementia has pretty much set in..
Don't get me wrong. I love my dad, but he ain't the same guy he was just a few years ago. 

Dementia blows. I'm sorry your family is going through it.
Reply/Quote