Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone had this stomach flu?
Wow, I've been sick since Saturday afternoon, and the first 48 hours were absolutely brutal....leg cramps, foot cramps, and a blackout from dehydration.  I'm still feeling ill, but well enough to get back to work.  Anyone else have this stuff?  How long did you feel the effects.  This shit is nuts.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 01:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wow, I've been sick since Saturday afternoon, and the first 48 hours were absolutely brutal....leg cramps, foot cramps, and a blackout from dehydration.  I'm still feeling ill, but well enough to get back to work.  Anyone else have this stuff?  How long did you feel the effects.  This shit is nuts.

if its been going on since Saturday I didn't have what you did mine cleared up in about 48 hours maybe 72

As long as you broke that fever you should be okay not to infect the populace lol
Reply/Quote
I've had it before. Not that bad, but was good after 48-60 hours. I don't think stomach viruses last longer than 3 days.

Seems like maybe you have the normal flu if you've been sick 5+ days.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 01:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if its been going on since Saturday I didn't have what you did mine cleared up in about 48 hours maybe 72

As long as you broke that fever you should be okay not to infect the populace lol

LOL....yes, fever broken.  The sickness part is over, but I still feel clammy and weak...and a touch nauseated.  I started about 1PM on Sat, and it ran strong through till Monday evening.  I was in the bathroom every 15 minutes in the initial stages......it slowed down progressively from there.  

(04-05-2017, 02:03 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I've had it before.  Not that bad, but was good after 48-60 hours.  I don't think stomach viruses last longer than 3 days.

Seems like maybe you have the normal flu if you've been sick 5+ days.

Could be.....I talked to a customer that had lingering effects for almost two weeks.  Rough strain man.... LMAO

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 03:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: LOL....yes, fever broken.  The sickness part is over, but I still feel clammy and weak...and a touch nauseated.  I started about 1PM on Sat, and it ran strong through till Monday evening.  I was in the bathroom every 15 minutes in the initial stages......it slowed down progressively from there.  

Could be.....I talked to a customer that had lingering effects for almost two weeks.  Rough strain man.... LMAO

yeah the worst part is right after when you start to feel better but still don't trust eating anything.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 04:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah the worst part is right after when you start to feel better but still don't trust eating anything.

I threw up multiple times from Saturday evening till Monday afternoon. Couldnot even get ginger ale or water to stay down.
I knew it was water or ginger ale because I could taste it as it was being expelled.
Hope WW and everybody else feels better soon.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 05:09 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: I threw up multiple times from Saturday evening till Monday afternoon. Couldnot even get ginger ale or water to stay down.
I knew it was water or ginger ale because I could taste it as it was being expelled.

Thanks bro. Feeling better as the day goes along....getting out of the bed probably helped....I only threw up 3 or 4 times, but......well......lets just say thank God for aloe baby wipes Saturday through Tuesday afternoon!

Reply/Quote
Glad you're feeling better. ThumbsUp (All of you guys.)
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
My wife has been sick since Sunday. Feel so bad for her and hoping that I don't get it too. But I've made it 3 full days without getting infected so I'm kind of hoping she's on the mend. Terrible symptoms though.
Reply/Quote
Get back to health quickly, hydration is the name of the game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Glad you're feeling better. I haven't gotten anything like that lately, but I have been fighting a head cold the past couple days. Gonna go find a bottle of NyQuil today and down it tonight before bed. Just haven't been able to sleep.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 01:17 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Wow, I've been sick since Saturday afternoon, and the first 48 hours were absolutely brutal....leg cramps, foot cramps, and a blackout from dehydration.  I'm still feeling ill, but well enough to get back to work.  Anyone else have this stuff?  How long did you feel the effects.  This shit is nuts.

Oh yes. I hope you're taking in water and Gatorade to keep your electrolytes in balance. This sounds a lot like Norovirus which will knock you on your ass for almost a week. To eliminate the cramps, take Magnesium supplements which have a relaxing effect on the muscles.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 10:56 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Oh yes.  I hope you're taking in water and Gatorade to keep your electrolytes in balance.  This sounds a lot like Norovirus which will knock you on your ass for almost a week.  To eliminate the cramps, take Magnesium supplements which have a relaxing effect on the muscles.

Thanks....I stayed on the Powerade Zero and water, and tried bananas for the cramps, but couldn't keep them down.  Wish I had thought of the magnesium supplements....but I'm back to work as of yesterday, and feeling even better today.  Norovirus.....hadn't heard of that one.  I'd say you're right.

Reply/Quote
Stomach Flu is the worst. Had it for 3-4 days. I was afraid to even drink a sip of water because it would just come right back up. Terrible. Had that a month ago.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 01:38 PM)Takedown Wrote: Stomach Flu is the worst. Had it for 3-4 days. I was afraid to even drink a sip of water because it would just come right back up. Terrible. Had that a month ago.

Shit ain't no joke! :andy:

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 01:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wow, I've been sick since Saturday afternoon, and the first 48 hours were absolutely brutal....leg cramps, foot cramps, and a blackout from dehydration.  I'm still feeling ill, but well enough to get back to work.  Anyone else have this stuff?  How long did you feel the effects.  This shit is nuts.

My girlfriend had it and we thought it was allergies and she went to urgent care and they did a nose swab and said its influenza-b......she feeling better now and back to work and now im sick and so is my daughter just major body aches and no energy .living on the couch right now
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 05:09 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: I threw up multiple times from Saturday evening till Monday afternoon. Couldnot even get ginger ale or water to stay down.

Hope you and Wyche get better and have a fast recovery. The flu stinks.
Reply/Quote
I had food poisoning once and holy crap that is awful. I ate a hamburger at the Wisconsin state fair and it was hot that day at least 80 degrees. I think the Burger was left sitting in the sun for awhile, that's the only thing I can figure out but it hit me like a crap ton of bricks. How are you guys feeling now?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 01:26 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I had food poisoning once and holy crap that is awful. I ate a hamburger at the Wisconsin state fair and it was hot that day at least 80 degrees. I think the Burger was left sitting in the sun for awhile, that's the only thing I can figure out but it hit me like a crap ton of bricks. How are you guys feeling now?

I'm pretty much back to normal....6 days later. LMAO  Thanks for asking!

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 12:52 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Hope you and Wyche get better and have a fast recovery. The flu stinks.

Doing fine now, I no longer feel radioactive ( like anyone within nine feet will get infected ). ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote