Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have a temper
I had one of those awful days where whatever could go wrong does. You get the most awful customers this time of year and equipment malfunctions when you need to get work done. Today I was close to firing the equipment on the floor I was so mad. Anyone ever get so angry though at work or anywhere else you have to be alone for awhile? How do you all react when you are super angry? I have a habit of being short with my coworkers or getting extremely quiet when I get mad.
Reply/Quote
I have a bad temper.
If I am tail-gated, I stop the car and confront the driver behind me.
I have a dozen scars on my right hand from punching through car windows, vending machines, and walls.
I've calmed down as I've gotten older, but still have my moments.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 08:32 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I have a bad temper.
I have a dozen scars on my right hand from punching through car windows, vending machines,  and walls.
I've calmed down as I've gotten older,  but still have my moments.

Damn Roto, you need a Xanax  LOL
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I uses to have some anger issues. I've seemed to mellowed out a bit, with middle age.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 10:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I uses to have some anger issues.  I've seemed to mellowed out a bit, with middle age.

Me too, but theirs a couple people that just pushes my buttons to be around. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I get pissed a lot at work. Not at people I manage, but at some of the dumb shit upper mgmt asks me to do. Sometimes its great to have been on both sides of the fence and sometimes it sucks because you have common sense.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 09:57 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Damn Roto, you need a Xanax  LOL

I've done fairly well.
I haven't hit anyone for a long time.
I was even a bouncer for several years and never got in a fight.
Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 08:32 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I have a bad temper.
I have a dozen scars on my right hand from punching through car windows, vending machines,  and walls.
I've calmed down as I've gotten older,  but still have my moments.

Jesus dude. I'd say that's slightly more than a temper. LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 01:35 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I had one of those awful days where whatever could go wrong does. You get the most awful customers this time of year and equipment malfunctions when you need to get work done. Today I was close to firing  the equipment on the floor I was so mad. Anyone ever get so angry though at work or anywhere else you have to be alone for awhile? How do you all react when you are super angry? I have a habit of being short with my coworkers or getting extremely quiet when I get mad.

I'm 50% Italian.  Does that answer your question?   LOL 

All seriousness aside it was much worse when I was younger, pre-high school.  About then I learned that I couldn't snap like that.

That said I CAN still snap.  And when what my wife calls "the daddy voice" comes out everyone does what they are told to do.

I also told the kids about "Angry Dad".  Angry Dad shows up when the toilet won't plunge or the computer stops working or whatever happens that needs a little more..."dad"...to get it fixed.  Angry dad is NOT angry at anyone...he just gets things done.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 02:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I get pissed a lot at work. Not at people I manage, but at some of the dumb shit upper mgmt asks me to do. Sometimes its great to have been on both sides of the fence and sometimes it sucks because you have common sense.

Amen!

There's a dent in my office door from one of those times! 

I've been known to go through the shop muttering (or yelling) expletives due to something one of the bosses said or did.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
No more temper issues for me, now that I don't give a shit. Also helps when the drugs kick in.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Everyone has as temper.  Just some people can control theirs better than other people can

Nothing makes me madder than someone losing control like a child and then giving the excuse "I have a temper".  I feel like saying "I have a temper, too, but I can control mine like an adult."
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 12:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyonr has as temper.  Just some people can control their better than others.

nothing makes me madder than someone losing control like a child and then giving the excuse "I have a temper".  I feel like saying "I have a temper, too, but I can control mine like an adult."

The question is, how mad do you get when you get mad at people for getting mad?
Reply/Quote
I actually went to some self help classes in an effort to control my temper. 95% of the time, I'm a very happy, optimistic, nice guy that likes to have fun and joke around, but when I'm in a bad mood, I'm a complete jerk in every way. It's like polar extremes. You may even notice it with my posting occasionally.

After talking to a professional about it, I think I manage it much better. If anyone else out there has a similar problem, I highly recommend seeking council. It's worked very well for me.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
No, I don't have a temper.

And if you keep asking me or inferring it I WILL ***** KILL YOU!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 12:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyonr has as temper.  Just some people can control their better than others.

nothing makes me madder than someone losing control like a child and then giving the excuse "I have a temper".  I feel like saying "I have a temper, too, but I can control mine like an adult."

I don't make excuses.
I know I'm an idiot for blowing up.
I just want to break shit and get away from every human on the planet.
That's a level of control, right ?
Excited
Reply/Quote
Sunset and Roto I can't picture ever getting mad. They seem like the nicest guys.
Reply/Quote
I have a temper; I have roadrage; I have no patience for stupidity.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
my temp is always high near 98.6 degrees.

(12-13-2015, 09:39 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I don't make excuses.
I know I'm an idiot for blowing up.
I just want to break shit and get away from every human on the planet.
That's a level of control, right ?
Excited

Dark souls is the game for you... hahahahahaha

But i dont believe i have a temper i do have a lack of paitence for idiots especially when they are driving.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 01:35 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I had one of those awful days where whatever could go wrong does. You get the most awful customers this time of year and equipment malfunctions when you need to get work done. Today I was close to firing  the equipment on the floor I was so mad. Anyone ever get so angry though at work or anywhere else you have to be alone for awhile? How do you all react when you are super angry? I have a habit of being short with my coworkers or getting extremely quiet when I get mad.

Question: "What does the Bible say about controlling your temper?"

Answer: 
Many people struggle with a quick or fiery temper. Although society often encourages people to express themselves and not hold back, God’s Word teaches that giving in to one’s temper is a sin.

The Bible has a lot to say about the importance of controlling one’s temper. It calls a person who easily loses his temper a “fool” (Proverbs 29:11Ecclesiastes 7:9) and describes someone who cannot control himself as a “city whose walls are broken down” (Proverbs 25:28). A person with a hot temper is often at odds with those around him, becoming easily offended and lashing out in anger for even the smallest slight (Proverbs 15:18a). As children of God, we are called to love others (John 13:35Ephesians 4:231-32) and to be at peace (James 1:19Proverbs 19:11James 3:17-18). “Love covers a multitude of sins” (1 Peter 4:8). A person who maintains a calm, even temper is quicker to forgive and better able to live peaceably with others (Proverbs 15:18b12:1619:11).

With the Holy Spirit in our lives, we will show the fruit of His work inside us. Some of the fruits of the Spirit are peace, patience, and self-control (Galatians 5:22–23)—these are essential to controlling the tendency to lose our temper. In fact, the Greek word translated “patience” (“longsuffering” in the KJV) carries the idea of “long-burning,” as in having a long fuse. As we grow in Christ, we should continue to deal appropriately with anger (no short fuses!) and react with love and patience (Colossians 3:8).

We may often feel justified in losing our temper, particularly when someone has hurt or offended us. But we are instructed to forgive (Matthew 5:446:1218:21–22), not yield to anger or seek vengeance. It is ultimately God’s prerogative to punish evildoers (Deuteronomy 32:35Romans 12:19). For an example of this forgiveness, we need only look to Jesus. When He was hanging on the cross, crucified for sins He did not commit, He did not release His wrath on the perpetrators. Instead, He asked God the Father to forgive them (Luke 23:34).

It’s important to note that anger is a valid emotion and is not always sinful. God allows for “righteous anger,” which is anger with the proper focus, the proper motivation, the proper control, the proper duration, and the proper result. Our problem is that our temper is often motivated by selfishness and directed toward other people instead of toward sin. That’s why God tells us to “let all bitterness and indignation and wrath (passion, rage, bad temper) and resentment (anger, animosity) . . . be banished from you” (Ephesians 4:31, AMP). With God’s help, we can keep our temper in check.

I understand having a temper...  I think you need to find the underlying source of the problem.  Trust me I have a temper...  but I honestly feel it just hurts me more or my loved ones than anyone else..  so try to be good..
Reply/Quote