Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have a temper
(12-14-2015, 07:30 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I have a temper; I have roadrage; I have no patience for stupidity.

Be careful with roadrage my man people are crazy now days with weapons..
Reply/Quote
I have road rage pretty bad.  Not Roto bad, but bad none the less.  idiots who drive slow in the fast lane.  people who pull out in front of you only to go super slow.  girls driving while texting or driving on their cell phones.  these are the folks that really get my blood pressure sky high.  I've never gotten out of my car to punch another car before. but i have often thought bad things would happen to some of these other drivers.  My personal favorite is to wish death by a thousand cuts to those drivers, or death by unstoppable anal bleeding.  or to be buried alive in concrete.  publicly flogged.  some precarious predicaments from the movie Saw come to mind often. unless its a super smoking hot chick who would wish to go down on me, I usually hope for a painful death of some kind of nature would befall upon those idiots out wandering around.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I have a lot of patience. Much more so than when I was younger. I have a temper, but it takes a lot now to get me to go off. I used to get in fights often in high school and into my 20s. But it was mostly due to a chip on my shoulder. I wouldn't look for trouble, but if people would wrong me or try to intimidate me I would fight first and ask questions later. Those days are pretty much gone. I get in the occasional fight now in my hockey league, but even those are just heat of the moment, and are left on the ice. We can usually laugh about them and apologize to each other after the game. But even the last of those has been about 2-3 years ago now. I just don't think much is worth getting worked up over nowadays.
Reply/Quote
I had trouble controlling my temper as a young man. And like Beaker, I was in a lot of fights. A LOT of fights. I don't have a problem with that anymore. I mock anger as tool nowadays to get certain reactions from people. But I hardly ever actually get angry anymore. Not that much to actually get angry about. And most anger is misdirected or (particularly with men) used to hide other emotions anyway.

Take road rage, for example. If someone cuts you off in traffic, the normal emotion is fear and/or anxiety over the situation. But a lot of guys can't accept that something just happened that scared the shit out of them. Hence the response selected is anger and the situation might be interpreted as a personal attack. Which is interesting because in most situations, you are probably the last thing on somebodies mind when they cut you off. That there is pride rearing its ugly head. Or, more particularly, vanity (a form of pride).

Fear isn't weak. It is a powerful emotion based upon biological processes that you often have no control over. And fear isn't the enemy. The only problem with fear is how people react to it. It is an emotion to be understood, experienced, and accepted for what it is, so that it doesn't overwhelm a person's thinking.

Anger, on the other hand, is weak. It is not based upon the natural 'fight-or-flight' response. We create anger in our own minds. It is funny that people say things like, "You're making me angry!" The simple truth is, we make ourselves angry. We 'decide' to be angry. At least the type of short-fuse , explosive anger we often see.

Resentment, however, is a different type of anger. It is far worse and debilitating. It builds gradually over time and takes on a life of its own. I sure hope none of you out there have resentment right now. It is a beast that will shorten your life, steal your happiness and literally eat you from within. And it generally does absolutely nothing to the person or situation you resent. If you let that beast wallow inside you for too long, it will even undermine your efforts to confront the perceived cause of it later.

There is another type of anger: "righteous anger". Righteous anger is where some feels they have a moral imperative to react to a situation with anger. This is a popular type of anger with some religious folk as most religions have some type of written moral code. Here is the problem with this: Religious moral codes are rules and standards for how an individual should live their life. They are not instruction books for running a society. Righteous anger is, for humans at least, theologically flawed. As far as I'm concerned, Homey don't play that game.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Beaker your more of a comedian on these boards. I can't picture you ever getting upset lol.
Reply/Quote
Road rage thoughts for an outrageous driving act by someone else is understandable.

However if you are an instant asshole thinking everyone is ruining your drive every time you are on the road is something else.

I honestly know some people who take on this form.

Quite frankly it makes me not want to be in the same vehicle with them.

That is a sad thing if anger consumes someone to the point doing a common action that no one wants to be around you.

The sad truth is half the people who think everyone else sucks at driving suck themselves.

It's all in the perception of the individual. That's for sure.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If anyone wants a good laugh about Road Rage watch Louis C.K. vids on Youtube about it.

I would post some links but might get the ban hammer for doing so.

I promise you it's worth the look. Big Grin
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:37 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Sunset and Roto I can't picture ever getting mad. They seem like the nicest guys.

Nice of you to say.
I am normally the epitome of nice.
I open doors for a lot of people and ect...
I just go off on people that expect it or take me for granted.

(12-14-2015, 01:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dark souls is the game for you... hahahahahaha

I never have much problem with games, anymore.
I will admit I've smashed a few controllers over Super Techmo Bowl, against friends.
Big Grin

(12-15-2015, 09:50 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: There is another type of anger: "righteous anger". Righteous anger is where some feels they have a moral imperative to react to a situation with anger. This is a popular type of anger with some religious folk as most religions have some type of written moral code. Here is the problem with this: Religious moral codes are rules and standards for how an individual should live their life. They are not instruction books for running a society. Righteous anger is, for humans at least, theologically flawed. As far as I'm concerned, Homey don't play that game.

This is my road rage scenario.
I need to enlighten those bastards.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
Road rage is similar to rage over the internet because it is not face-to-face. People feel safe in their cars or behind a keyboard so they are more likely to act like assholes.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Road rage is similar to rage over the internet because it is not face-to-face.  People feel safe in their cars or behind a keyboard so they are more likely to act like assholes.

The only time I ever displayed road rage was when someone ran me off the road on my Motorcycle because they were texting on their phone. Very stupid on my part; as all the driver had to do was bang into me while I was knocking on his driver's side window.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:13 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Beaker your more of a comedian on these boards. I can't picture you ever getting upset lol.

I must have learned from my mistakes. I was suspended 7 times from 7-12 grade for fighting...that didn't even count the ones while playing sports.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Road rage is similar to rage over the internet because it is not face-to-face.  People feel safe in their cars or behind a keyboard so they are more likely to act like assholes.

This is correct. 
People are mouthy and flip the bird ect... until I get out to have a more personal discussion. 
Reply/Quote
Here' the thing with road rage for me. If someone makes a mistake or is a poor or rude driver it's not personal. People make mistakes, feel pressure from time constraints, don't see you, or they themselves take stuff personal and get upset if you Make a mistake. I have not had anyone ever go crazy at me in their car (I think a lady flipped me the bird once but have no idea why). But if they look upset or if I maybe cut them off I usually politely wave and mouth I'm sorry to apologize and it is fine.

Note: I am 25% Lebanese and have a temper handed down to me through my grandfather and father. When there is crazy violence in the Middle East I can understand how it happens temper wise. When my grandmother would bring my grand pa a beer if the mug wasn't straight out of the freezer and ice cold he would go ape. His answer to any international dispute: Blow em up!

Oh, and my grandmother on that side? She was no lightweight temper wise, either. She grew up in what is the 2nd deadliest family feud in US history over pig farming in Moorehead, KY. My great grandfather was shot 17 different times and lived through all of it. We're a tough group. I always joke that it was the anger that kept some on the side of the family alive for so long!

Some things really set me off, but I have focussed on controlling it and am nowhere near what my grandfather was or where my dad was at. But still.... it happens.
Reply/Quote
I've always had a bad temper, but I got into a fight one time and had to go to court. The judge asked me, "what if I punched him and he fell and hit his head on a curb and died? I would then have been charged for murder". I don't remember the exact words but I pretty much stopped that shit right then and there. On a side note, I followed a rich ***** in an escalade down 71 from Red Bank to the tunnel, riding her ass w/ the horn on the whole way. She was trying to break check me a bunch but I was lucky enough not to hit her. I forget what started that as well but when I made it to work and thought about it, it's not worth what may have happened so I rarely even blow my horn anymore. All that was 10-15 or more years ago and I now just punch my pillow when I get mad. Confused
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The only time I ever displayed road rage was when someone ran me off the road on my Motorcycle because they were texting on their phone. Very stupid on my part; as all the driver had to do was bang into me while I was knocking on his driver's side window.
Same thing happened to me. A guy passed me and flipped me off, and I couldn't figure out why for the life of me. Started following him, kinda acted like a jackass. After a few miles realized that all he had to do was slam on the brakes, and I'd either be hurt or worse. Very stupid to get mad on a bike. Now if that happens to me, I just let it go. Maybe I did something without realizing it (who hasn't?) or maybe the person is just having one of those days where they thought I did something. 

I've calmed down considerably when it comes to my anger. Especially when it comes to road rage. Ten times out of ten (at least in my experience) the person who gets road rage and starts acting like a jackass usually ends up being many times more of a jackass and much more dangerous than the person who "started it". I put "started it" in quotes because it's usually a simple mistake, rather than something intentional. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 09:10 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Same thing happened to me. A guy passed me and flipped me off, and I couldn't figure out why for the life of me. Started following him, kinda acted like a jackass. After a few miles realized that all he had to do was slam on the brakes, and I'd either be hurt or worse. Very stupid to get mad on a bike. Now if that happens to me, I just let it go. Maybe I did something without realizing it (who hasn't?) or maybe the person is just having one of those days where they thought I did something. 

I've calmed down considerably when it comes to my anger. Especially when it comes to road rage. Ten times out of ten (at least in my experience) the person who gets road rage and starts acting like a jackass usually ends up being many times more of a jackass and much more dangerous than the person who "started it". I put "started it" in quotes because it's usually a simple mistake, rather than something intentional. 

Yes one should not let the douschbags on the road turn you into a douschbag... Just fly the bird and continue on.
Reply/Quote
No anger issues here... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 06:56 PM)Beaker Wrote: I must have learned from my mistakes. I was suspended 7 times from 7-12 grade for fighting...that didn't even count the ones while playing sports.

Seven?

Impressive. I was only suspended 4 times. All for fighting in school and all "in-school suspensions". When they threatened me with "out-of-school" suspension if it happened again, I wisened-up a bit.... a least about where I was going to fight.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 09:57 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Damn Roto, you need a Xanax  LOL

haha i could use one right about now 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 11:14 AM)magikod Wrote: haha i could use one right about now 

Me too Rock On Ninja
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote