Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have snow
Down in Cincinnati? This has been an easy winter. It is going by fast, last year was long and the year before that was brutal. What is the worst winter as far as snow and cold go that you guys have seen in Ohio?
Reply/Quote
A little ground cover. We got two inches on Sunday. It's melting and it's supposed to be in the 50's on Saturday. On the news last night they said we've had about 9 inches of snow this winter, down from 14+ we had a year ago at this time. It's been a mild winter here as well.

Worst winter ever? Not sure about temps, but for snow, hands-down it was the winter of '78. That was the year of "the blizzard." Late January we had a storm come through that dumped two feet of snow on us. With drifitng there were 10 foot high walls on the side of the state route near my town. Most county roads were impassible for days. We missed close to a week of school. Today if we see three or four inches of snow it's a big deal.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I thought we had it made last year in KY and then March killed us.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
New England here. We were absolutely pounded last year, this year has been a nice reprieve.

Over the last 48 hours we've seen -30 degrees turn into 3 inches of snow overnight (so high 20s low 30s?) that turned to freezing rain. Then it got up into the 50s today with a lot of rain.

Weather is weird.
Reply/Quote
we received 5cms yesterday and 1 today. this weekend will be above zero though and rain. been a really mild winter here this year.
Reply/Quote
I have not shoveled snow yet, which is rare. Couple inches of accumulation at a time, it's been a kind winter.
Reply/Quote
We've been getting a bit of snow up here on the west side of Cleveland. East side gets hit a lot more than we do though.

Darn lake effect snow!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2016, 04:05 PM)magikod Wrote: We've been getting a bit of snow up here on the west side of Cleveland. East side gets hit a lot more than we do though.

Darn lake effect snow!

we dont get as much as most probably imagine in Toronto.  Drive an hour to Buffalo and you'll see lake effect snow in full effect.  It's amazing how things can change drastically a short drive away isn't it?

last winter was cold though.  polar vortex cold (i love saying polar vortex)  This year, we've had a handful of those days its so cold, your face tingles when you go outside.
Reply/Quote
We have had a mild winter. I think only two big snowstorms and only 7 subzero days. 2 years ago we had 54 days below zero.
Reply/Quote
It seems like its snowed every other day around here but we haven't actually gotten that Big snowfall yet.  Everything's been white but won't be in a couple days.  From now until Sunday its going to be in the upper 50's!!!!!  And even next week, it'll still be in the 40's.  I'll take these temps any day. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2016, 12:41 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: we received 5cms yesterday and 1 today.

That's funny, 'cause when it snows here in the states it falls in inches.

(02-17-2016, 12:46 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Weather is weird.

You got that right.
Reply/Quote
Most snow here in se ky, that we've had in many,many years.
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 10:19 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Most snow here in se ky, that we've had in many,many years.

Yeah, you guys got the brunt this year, last year, it was us here in the central part of the state.  We had close to two feet during that February storm....then another foot or so in March.  This year, we got the 12-13" in late January....but other than that, it's just been a few inches here and there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
we are getting teased here again in the nati....

its snowing but its not staying.

I just want a foot or 2 of snow so i can take a vacation. (or course the dog wont be happy though lol)
Reply/Quote
So far, in NW Iowa, we've gotten 56.4 inches.
I'm tired of moving it.
Reply/Quote
It almost got below freezing here a couple weeks ago.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 02:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we are getting teased here again in the nati....

its snowing but its not staying.

I just want a foot or 2 of snow so i can take a vacation. (or course the dog wont be happy though lol)

Snowed here in Dayton all day as well, sometimes heavy and blowing sideways, but still nothing to show for it.
Reply/Quote
We had a lot but it is getting down to nothing. It's supposed to get in the 40s this weekend too so that might take care of it but the snowpiles take forever to melt.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 01:42 PM)packerbacker Wrote: We had a lot but it is getting down to nothing. It's supposed to get in the 40s this weekend too so that might take care of it but the snowpiles take forever to melt.

It's supposed to be 62 here on Sunday. Too soon. In February I want to be inside, with a fire, wtaching some hockey on the tube, not washing my car in the driveway. Ok, not able to wash my car if I chose to, 'cause I'm not washing the car.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 09:59 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's funny, 'cause when it snows here in the states it falls in inches.

25 to 30 cms today gents.  Starting early this aft and picking up a full head of steam for the eve commute.  I'm working from our office in the burbs today instead of going downtown.  much easier commute home.

Llama that's 10 to 12 inches south of the 49th Tongue
Reply/Quote