Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone notice?
The same folk calling it quits by the third quarter? I get being frustrated but man, GD threats are toxic lately.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:48 PM)jeremydc Wrote: The same folk calling it quits by the third quarter? I get being frustrated but man, GD threats are toxic lately.

I rather enjoyed the discord server. Some bitching (by me as well) when we had bad plays, but no one in there crying that we are going to lose or that it's over etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:48 PM)jeremydc Wrote: The same folk calling it quits by the third quarter? I get being frustrated but man, GD threats are toxic lately.

Lately?

(12-04-2022, 10:50 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I rather enjoyed the discord server. Some bitching (by me as well) when we had bad plays, but no one in there crying that we are going to lose or that it's over etc.

The discord server is solid. I wish there were a bit more participation, but at least those there generally talk about football, and have overall avoided the overreacting doom and gloom.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Kind of like "fans" saying Zac is stupid or has a stupid look on his face.....hmmm Jeremy?
Reply/Quote
Sometimes I wish Jungle Noise would stay open for people who want to talk about the game without getting blood on their shoes from all the wrist slitters in Game Day
Reply/Quote
I know first hand there are certain forums you can be banned from and IMO there are a few that need to be eliminated from the Game Day thread. I used to love watching the game in the Game Day and talking about the game; that ship sailed long ago.

WTS, I've heard good things about the discord option, but I've heard mixed reviews on the platform itself.

Also, I stream through Hulu and even when I get the game; it's a few seconds behind the broadcast, so I get lots of spoilers. I find myself more and more just getting out and going for ride in the country while listening to Hoard and Laps on Sirius.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know first hand there are certain forums you can be banned from and IMO there are a few that need to be eliminated from the Game Day thread. I used to love watching the game in the Game Day and talking about the game; that ship sailed long ago.

WTS, I've heard good things about the discord option, but I've heard mixed reviews on the platform itself.

Also, I stream through Hulu and even when I get the game; it's a few seconds behind the broadcast, so I get lots of spoilers. I find myself more and more just getting out and going for ride in the country while listening to Hoard and Laps on Sirius.

Yes me and Phil were about 30 seconds to a minute behind and I wanted to strangle a couple of guys for saying Crap well before I saw our shitty play. My thought process is can you just enjoy the play at home for a minute before rushing to your discord to say nothing more useless than crap, **** or shit. 

Then when you grow accustomed to 4 letter words indicating failure no one says a word for a while making me think we didn't do jack only to see a few first down plays lol
Reply/Quote
I've noticed a lot of people bitching about a thread that no one is forcing them to enter.

Just go to discord and get over it. If it was an issue mods would've addressed it by now. Let people be fans they way they want to and go somewhere else. Why are there so many complaints when there's a discord option now?
Reply/Quote

That is not toxic. It’s every fan base everywhere. Toxic is what we see at that cesspit for the Chiefs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
For every negative and Debbie downer in the GD thread i'm seeing a lot of positive reactions and things coming to peace by the time a victory was secure.

Just say you don't like certain posters, use the ignore feature that the mods worked so hard to implement, and move on.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:08 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I've noticed a lot of people bitching about a thread that no one is forcing them to enter.

Just go to discord and get over it. If it was an issue mods would've addressed it by now. Let people be fans they way they want to and go somewhere else. Why are there so many complaints when there's a discord option now?

Well, some folks just don't want another platform where you can be subject to data mining. 

There are very few things in life that folks are forced to do, but I don't think they should be prohibited from voicing their concerns when a place they used to frequent has taken a turn.

Personally, I've adopted your assertion that "no one is forced" and have not participated regularly in over a year; even though I did for the 15 years prior. 

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:05 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Yes me and Phil were about 30 seconds to a minute behind and I wanted to strangle a couple of guys for saying Crap well before I saw our shitty play. My thought process is can you just enjoy the play at home for a minute before rushing to your discord to say nothing more useless than crap, **** or shit. 

Then when you grow accustomed to 4 letter words indicating failure no one says a word for a while making me think we didn't do jack only to see a few first down plays lol

Oh, that’s why you were crying? Why didn’t you just say so?

Either way, sorry man, but you aren’t going to be able to avoid spoilers in a live discussion/reaction thread. Even the idea of it is kinda silly.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, some folks just don't want another platform where you can be subject to data mining. 

There are very few things in life that folks are forced to do, but I don't think they should be prohibited from voicing their concerns when a place they used to frequent has taken a turn.

Personally, I've adopted your assertion that "no one is forced" and have not participated regularly in over a year; even though I did for the 15 years prior. 

Your "concern" boils down to "Boo hoo, people aren't expressing their fandom in ways that I approve of".

Thankfully in the world we live in there are multiple alternatives where you won't be data-mined or supporting a platform that enables child predators (no seriously, Discord has a history of that).

Cincy Jungle has a game thread. Reddit has a Bengals community.  Shit, you could always step outside and go to a bar and watch it with either Bengals fans or football fans in general. The Bengals are at a point now where there will be plain old football fans watching their games too. We're a nationally acclaimed team now.
Reply/Quote
Went to GD once and just not my thing at all. Would rather just scream and yell at the TV my buddies and rally in the Jungle after the game.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:15 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: For every negative and Debbie downer in the GD thread i'm seeing a lot of positive reactions and things coming to peace by the time a victory was secure.

Just say you don't like certain posters, use the ignore feature that the mods worked so hard to implement, and move on.

Yeah, there are far more of us being positive or riding out the storm than there are people supposedly walking on a ledge.  And for the latter, there is always the ignore feature.  Maybe some just suffer from FOMO and are reluctant to ignore anyone.  Enhances my experience, especially lately when visiting fans now seem to be able to talk smack in JN.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:20 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Your "concern" boils down to "Boo hoo, people aren't expressing their fandom in ways that I approve of".

Thankfully in the world we live in there are multiple alternatives where you won't be data-mined or supporting a platform that enables child predators (no seriously, Discord has a history of that).

Cincy Jungle has a game thread. Reddit has a Bengals community.  Shit, you could always step outside and go to a bar and watch it with either Bengals fans or football fans in general. The Bengals are at a point now where there will be plain old football fans watching their games too. We're a nationally acclaimed team now.

Even given your feeble attempt to dismiss the point; you've hit it on the head. It just seems you're saying folks cannot "boo hoo" about things with which they disagree.

As I said: I quit it a year ago, and have turned to listening to it on Sirius, but I'll share my thoughts on the trainwreck it has become and support those that see it as well. 

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:22 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, there are far more of us being positive or riding out the storm than there are people supposedly walking on a ledge.  And for the latter, there is always the ignore feature.  Maybe some just suffer from FOMO and are reluctant to ignore anyone.  Enhances my experience, especially lately when visiting fans now seem to be able to talk smack in JN.  

The Benglas have been an objectively shit franchise for a long time. I don't think there's a lot of boomers that can think back to the days before Mike Brown took over anymore.

It shouldn't shock anyone that a team with a history like the Bengals'  created fans that are a bit jaded, cynical, and have low expectations. If that's how they want to express their fandom, then so be it. 

It just makes it that much sweeter when the Bengals exceed whatever expectation you set for them; regardless of whether it's highor low.

And FTR, i've enjoyed your posts in the GD threads. Good positivity to ride out the storm, indeed. 

This isn't to say I DON"T enjoy the Debbie Downers. Because i've been there and get where they're coming from. I'm pretty sure we all feel the same after a W or a L.
Reply/Quote
It is what it is.

I talk football gameday thread or discord. I prefer discord cuz its live chat. If I say crap early well that's cuz I pay a few hundred bucks a year to get live games so I dont have to stream.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Let's face it guys for us long suffering Bengals fans, it's always the knee jerk reaction to expect the worst. It gets out of hand on GameDay for sure, but enough to make a thread whining about it?
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Even given your feeble attempt to dismiss the point; you've hit it on the head. It just seems you're saying folks cannot "boo hoo" about things with which they disagree.

As I said: I quit it a year ago, and have turned to listening to it on Sirius, but I'll share my thoughts on the trainwreck it has become and support those that see it as well. 

The complaining has gotten to a point to where people are advocating for certain posters to have privileges taken away or to be banned when they're not violating any of the forum guidelines.  It's no longer just "complaining" at this point. 

I
Reply/Quote