Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone notice whit's poor play yesterday
For all of you wanting to resign whit. He was absolute garbage against the redskins. The sack he gave up against kerrigan caused goff to fumble it cost rams game. He was getting beat quite frequently yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 10:55 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: For all of you wanting to resign whit. He was absolute garbage against the redskins. The sack he gave up against kerrigan caused goff to fumble it cost rams game. He was getting beat quite frequently yesterday.

Yet, still rated 31 spots higher than Ogbuehi by PFF.
Reply/Quote
the 2 minutes I did watch I did notice the lack of butts in the seats, cant understand why any team would want to be in LA
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 11:04 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yet, still rated 31 spots higher than Ogbuehi by PFF.

Ouch.

Makes sense, though. He didn't allow a single pressure Week 1.

I did see somewhere that Jake Fisher allowed as many pressures (6) against the Texans as Whit did in the first 7 games of 2016 combined.

(09-18-2017, 11:56 AM)corpjet Wrote: the 2 minutes I did watch I did notice the lack of butts in the seats, cant understand why any team would want to be in LA

Greed. Every owner thinks they'll be the special/unique one that manages to make LA into a successful football market, and do Scrooge McDuck-style dives into a vault full of money and gold since it's the #2 TV market in the country, and a corresponding number of people who could pay for tickets, and jerseys, and hats, etc.

It's the NFL owner version of news groups switching to all-video, no-text platforms. They see the potential money and ignore how it fails every single time to nobody else's surprise because nobody wants it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 10:55 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: For all of you wanting to resign whit. He was absolute garbage against the redskins. The sack he gave up against kerrigan caused goff to fumble it cost rams game. He was getting beat quite frequently yesterday.

Whitworth looked good when I saw him.

In Week 1 Whitworth ranked 80.8 which was the 14th overall tackle. He allowed 0 QB pressures on 30 plays.

In Week 1 Ced was 36.7.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-week-2-preview-redskins-at-rams/

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/11/16287578/bengals-week-1-pro-football-focus-grades-defense-andy-dalton-ravens
Reply/Quote
Not sure about Whit (missed that game), but Browns surely have buyers remorse (fans I should say) over Big Z, who was always overrated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We should take the approach I do at work "Well, it's better than what we currently have" instead of going for perfection.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Whitworth grades out at 76.2 on the season.

Ced grades out at 38.6, Bodine 38.5, Fisher 36.6.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 11:56 AM)corpjet Wrote: the 2 minutes I did watch I did notice the lack of butts in the seats, cant understand why any team would want to be in LA

To be fair, the Coliseum seats at least 95K.  That's a lot of seats to fill.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 12:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Whitworth grades out at 76.2 on the season.

Ced grades out at 38.6, Bodine 38.5, Fisher 36.6.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-18-2017, 12:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: To be fair, the Coliseum seats at least 95K.  That's a lot of seats to fill.

To be equally fair, the greater LA population is nine times that of the greater Cincinnati population, yet only has 93.6k seats to fill vs Cincinnati's 65.5k seats.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If Whit slips from great to good it is still much better than the eggs we are playing with who are trying to go from poor to average.

Plus Whits leadership and knowledge are invaluable as well.

He also deserved loyalty for time served in our prison.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 12:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

To be equally fair, the greater LA population is nine times that of the greater Cincinnati population, yet only has 93.6k seats to fill vs Cincinnati's 65.5k seats.

It's hard for fans to get behind a new team that comes in right away. It's why Las Vegas is going to have issues.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 12:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If Whit slips from great to good it is still much better than the eggs we are playing with who are trying to go from poor to average.

Plus Whits leadership and knowledge are invaluable as well.

He also deserved loyalty for time served in our prison.

I agree good is much better than the crap we have, the issue I would have had would be giving a raise and 2 year deal and then watch the guy decline. I know we stink, but if the FO makes a bunch of bad deals, some may not believe it, but we may be back to 2 and 3 win seasons again.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 12:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Whitworth looked good when I saw him.

In Week 1 Whitworth ranked 80.8 which was the 14th overall tackle. He allowed 0 QB pressures on 30 plays.

In Week 1 Ced was 36.7.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-week-2-preview-redskins-at-rams/

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/11/16287578/bengals-week-1-pro-football-focus-grades-defense-andy-dalton-ravens

So where is one of the highest paid OT in the NFL ranked after week #2, I hope at least top 10 as his salary dictates top 10. Oh and BTW, the Redskins and the Colts defenses both suck so let's see how he does against good defenses in 2017.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 12:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ouch.

Makes sense, though. He didn't allow a single pressure Week 1.

I did see somewhere that Jake Fisher allowed as many pressures (6) against the Texans as Whit did in the first 7 games of 2016 combined.

Still brings me back to the thread I made after 2014;

That year, Oniel Cousins gave up more pressures in ONE GAME (ether against us or the Panthers, 8 or 9 of them), than Whitworth did the whole year (7, 1 hit, 6 hurries).

And he didn't make PB or AP that year... just insane, especially with how wel he run-blocked.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 12:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So where is one of the highest paid OT in the NFL ranked after week #2, I hope at least top 10 as his salary dictates top 10. Oh and BTW, the Redskins and the Colts defenses both suck so let's see how he does against good defenses in 2017.

Yayyy...we saved money on Whitworth! The results have been great so far haven't they.

Bengals Profit 35 > Rams Foolish Spending 0

We're undefeated in that category!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 12:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yayyy...we saved money on Whitworth! The results have been great so far haven't they.

Bengals Profit 35 > Rams Foolish Spending 0

We're undefeated in that category!

Yeah....waste money on one OL when other 4 stink still = lousy OL and bad offense

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 12:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yeah....waste money on one OL when other 4 stink still = lousy OL and bad offense

They could have...I don't know...maybe...signed a few free agents. Maybe Mangold, Leary, and Reiff?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 12:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree good is much better than the crap we have, the issue I would have had would be giving a raise and 2 year deal and then watch the guy decline. I know we stink, but if the FO makes a bunch of bad deals, some may not believe it, but we may be back to 2 and 3 win seasons again.

Look at his contract. If he plays well the Rams got a bargain. If he sucks, the Rams can cut him with only $6 million in dead cap money or $3 million for the next two seasons. Whit will be paid less salary this season and next season than the Bengals offered to play one season and if he is cut he will only receive about $2.5 million more than the Bengals offered him. So basically the Bengals didn't re-sign him over a difference of $2.5 million while they currently sit on $12 million in salary cap space. It was stupid not to do that deal and bet Ogbuehi would inexplicably get better from what we saw last season in the span of one off season.
Reply/Quote
Can we be fair here for a second? Obviously Whit is better, but Ced and Fisher have seen better competition so far in the season. Our guys have seen Suggs and Watt/Clowney/Mercilous. Whit saw some guys off the street the Colts have rushing the passer then this week he saw Kerrigan and struggled.

Again, I'm not saying Whit isn't better but let's slow down with saying how good Whit is until he actually plays real players.
Reply/Quote