Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone notice whit's poor play yesterday
(09-18-2017, 12:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I did see somewhere that Jake Fisher allowed as many pressures (6) against the Texans as Whit did in the first 7 games of 2016 combined.

Well c'mon, Fisher was lined up against JJ Watt... what did you expect. The fact they were pressures and not sacs to me was impressive. Ad for Whitworth, here's my thoughts on him. **** Andrew Whitworth. This team made him an offer close to if not the same as what LA offered, only for one year instead of three. The Cincinnati Bengals made Whitworth a very very wealthy man, and he did not have the loyalty to finish out his career here and protect Dalton for one more year. Nobody beats Father time, I don't care how good you are, and wanting a 3 year contract at his age is ridiculous. If he is going to last, there is no reason he couldn't have resigned again after this year. Every time I see Dalton running for his life, the first person I blame is Whit. Enjoy your misery in LA....
Reply/Quote
Give me Whit all day and twice on Sunday's over Ced.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 03:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well c'mon, Fisher was lined up against JJ Watt... what did you expect. The fact they were pressures and not sacs to me was impressive. Ad for Whitworth, here's my thoughts on him. **** Andrew Whitworth. This team made him an offer close to if not the same as what LA offered, only for one year instead of three. The Cincinnati Bengals made Whitworth a very very wealthy man, and he did not have the loyalty to finish out his career here and protect Dalton for one more year. Nobody beats Father time, I don't care how good you are, and wanting a 3 year contract at his age is ridiculous. If he is going to last, there is no reason he couldn't have resigned again after this year. Every time I see Dalton running for his life, the first person I blame is Whit. Enjoy your misery in LA....

I have to disagree with the comment "pressures and not sacks was impressive."

Pressures are just as dangerous, if not more so than sacks. Pressures is still knocking the QB down, and influencing any pass. Sacks are a dead play, but I think pressures can influence bad decision making. One specifically coming on a roll out where JJ destroyed Fisher, and Dalton had to throw it as high as he could to get it out of bounds. I can't see a 'benefit' to that play.

I can't think of one being better than the other, just one being a stat that teams look at more than the other. I'd say of the times Dalton was pressured, 98% of his passes against the Texans were thrown out of reach.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 01:04 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I have to disagree with the comment "pressures and not sacks was impressive."

Pressures are just as dangerous, if not more so than sacks. Pressures is still knocking the QB down, and influencing any pass. Sacks are a dead play, but I think pressures can influence bad decision making. One specifically coming on a roll out where JJ destroyed Fisher, and Dalton had to throw it as high as he could to get it out of bounds. I can't see a 'benefit' to that play.

I can't think of one being better than the other, just one being a stat that teams look at more than the other. I'd say of the times Dalton was pressured, 98% of his passes against the Texans were thrown out of reach.

Well while you are correct that pressures can knock a QB off his game, pressures do not injure a quarterback..... sacs oftentimes do..... that was my point, other than he was facing JJ Watt, who every lineman struggles with.
Reply/Quote