Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone remember Jared Lorenzen?
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jared-lorenzen-the-ex-qb-known-as-the-%E2%80%98hefty-lefty%E2%80%99-is-on-an-emotional-mission-to-lose-weight/ar-AApgk8X?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Anyway, it seems that the 'Hefty Lefty" or even the "Pilsbury Throwboy", as he's often been referred to as, is over 500# now, and looking to gain notoriety for losing weight.

Quote:His battle with his weight, however, is what he's facing now. He's part of The Jared Lorenzen Project, in which he'll attempt to shed pounds in front of cameras with the help of celebrity trainer Gunnar Peterson and a nutritionist. In the first video released on a Facebook page for a project, he revealed he's over 500 pounds:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 09:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jared-lorenzen-the-ex-qb-known-as-the-%E2%80%98hefty-lefty%E2%80%99-is-on-an-emotional-mission-to-lose-weight/ar-AApgk8X?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Anyway, it seems that the 'Hefty Lefty" or even the "Pilsbury Throwboy", as he's often been referred to as, is over 500# now, and looking to gain notoriety for losing weight.

Next he'll start eating Subway to lose weight.  That went well for another Jared.   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
He grew up five minutes from me. My brother played him in pee-wee football and basketball growing up. I played safety against him my freshman year when he was a senior and he made me look stupid.

I still talk to him some and we're Facebook friends, but this is ridiculous.

I'm glad he's trying to get his life together, but how hard is it to just not eat and make half a million dollars a year as a backup quarterback?

Honestly, people go to drug rehab who don't make anything near that, but he couldn't go to food rehab and continued making bank?

Very sad.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 09:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jared-lorenzen-the-ex-qb-known-as-the-%E2%80%98hefty-lefty%E2%80%99-is-on-an-emotional-mission-to-lose-weight/ar-AApgk8X?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

I remember him.

A couple of times, I created a "bad team" on franchise mode in Madden (trade all of the good players for lousy players and see if I could eventually rebuild the franchise). He was always the QB I picked.

Believe it or not, I could put up some decent numbers with him.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 01:15 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: He grew up five minutes from me.  My brother played him in pee-wee football and basketball growing up.  I played safety against him my freshman year when he was a senior and he made me look stupid.

I still talk to him some and we're Facebook friends, but this is ridiculous.

I'm glad he's trying to get his life together, but how hard is it to just not eat and make half a million dollars a year as a backup quarterback?

Honestly, people go to drug rehab who don't make anything near that, but he couldn't go to food rehab and continued making bank?

Very sad.

One thing he can say: At least he isn't Art Schlichter. Schlichter is the ultimate poster boy still for QB's with addictions.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 07:45 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I remember him.

A couple of times, I created a "bad team" on franchise mode in Madden (trade all of the good players for lousy players and see if I could eventually rebuild the franchise). He was always the QB I picked.

Believe it or not, I could put up some decent numbers with him.

I can believe it.  The guy could ball.  I've sat in Commonwealth Stadium on several Saturdays and watched him shed d-linemen like shooing flies.  Guy had a cannon arm too.  It was like watching Corey Dillon run the ball for the Bungals, only he was a 300lb QB swatting away defenders to get his feet set to throw a laser. I hope he gets his life back together.  His eating has always been a problem for him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Who drafted him ? Was it the Jets ?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 02:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Who drafted him ? Was it the Jets ?

Went undrafted. Signed with the Giants.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 01:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: I can believe it.  The guy could ball.  I've sat in Commonwealth Stadium on several Saturdays and watched him shed d-linemen like shooing flies.  Guy had a cannon arm too.  It was like watching Corey Dillon run the ball for the Bungals, only he was a 300lb QB swatting away defenders to get his feet set to throw a laser. I hope he gets his life back together.  His eating has always been a problem for him.

Hmm, maybe get him under 400#, and let him play Center?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 07:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, maybe get him under 400#, and let him play Center?

Team him with JaMarcus Russell and you might have a pair of decent guards, eh. Ninja

[Image: gvn6dvbo1.1]
[Image: jamarcusrussell.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 07:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, maybe get him under 400#, and let him play Center?

There's a thought!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote