Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone that is sad
about the Mothership closing down...you shouldn't be.

There's no such thing as the Bo Jackson curse. The reason the Bengals haven't won a playoff game in a quarter century is due to the BBC. No, not the British Broadcasting Corporation. I'm talking about the Boards.Benglals.Com curse.

Think about it. Boards start up the season the Bengals finally make the playoffs after a 15 year hiatus. Boards have been around since then, and in that time, still no playoff victories.

My solid, scientifically-sound conclusion?

With the BBC going bye bye...the bengals should have nothing to stop them from winning in the playoffs this year.

Party on Garth

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
And you had hoped this would become a thread? Tongue
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 04:02 PM)FanStuckInIndy Wrote: And you had hoped this would become a thread?   Tongue

No. Just a prophecy that comes true in about 7 months. This way i can always come back and say "see?"  Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 03:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The reason the Bengals haven't won a playoff game in a quarter century is due to the BBC. No, not the British Broadcasting Corporation. I'm talking about the Boards.Benglals.Com

I thought BBC stood for

Big Black [Image: rooster.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 03:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: about the Mothership closing down...you shouldn't be.

There's no such thing as the Bo Jackson curse. The reason the Bengals haven't won a playoff game in a quarter century is due to the BBC. No, not the British Broadcasting Corporation. I'm talking about the Boards.Benglals.Com curse.

Think about it. Boards start up the season the Bengals finally make the playoffs after a 15 year hiatus. Boards have been around since then, and in that time, still no playoff victories.

With the BBC going bye bye...the bengals should have nothing to stop them from winning in the playoffs this year.

Party on Garth

What I'm sad about is Denny is on there saying that message boards are a thing of the past, and time for us losers to learn how to follow social media. He's selling the company BS right up to the end ... I'll give him credit for that.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 08:02 PM)Utts Wrote: What I'm sad about is Denny is on there saying that message boards are a thing of the past, and time for us losers to learn how to follow social media. He's selling the company BS right up to the end ... I'll give him credit for that.

Let's get that weirdo wrestling guy from here to go hunt down Denny.  In fact he's probably doing it right now... nevermind.

[Image: th?id=JN.uy%2bk3eB11aEE4zOpGv5BhA&pid=15.1&P=0]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 04:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. Just a prophecy that comes true in about 7 months. This way i can always come back and say "see?"  Wink

Dude, there isn't any Bengal fan reading this, including the one typing these words, that wouldn't just LOVE to come back in January and tell you that you were right. Nostradamus, bitches!

(05-31-2015, 08:02 PM)Utts Wrote: What I'm sad about is Denny is on there saying that message boards are a thing of the past, and time for us losers to learn how to follow social media. He's selling the company BS right up to the end ... I'll give him credit for that.

I won't. He's Exhibit A in why I'm glad this board exists and why I don't care that the other one is dead.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 06:04 PM)Beaker Wrote:  
I thought BBC stood for

Big Black [Image: rooster.jpg]

[Image: 49157-george-takei-oh-my-gif-e64l.gif]

Reply/Quote

I'll give him credit for not knowing what the hell he's talking about, on a consistent basis.

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 08:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I won't.  He's Exhibit A in why I'm glad this board exists and why I don't care that the other one is dead.

Yup. The only thing the mother ship had on these boards is that they had an easy way to recruit members.

I am so glad I no longer have to read Denny's pseudo-positive drivel. He was worse than Hobson.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 10:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yup. The only thing the mother ship had on these boards is that they had an easy way to recruit members.

I am so glad I no longer have to read Denny's pseudo-positive drivel. He was worse than Hobson.

We need to see if we can get some of the sites to have links for bengalboards.net (cincy jungle off the top of my head)
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 10:04 PM)treee Wrote: We need to see if we can get some of the sites to have links for bengalboards.net (cincy jungle off the top of my head)

That's a great idea. We need a popular Bengals' site to siphon in new members.

I'll run it by Holic and the other mods. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 10:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's a great idea. We need a popular Bengals' site to siphon in new members.

I'll run it by Holic and the other mods. 

Rock On  I'm not sure what any of the other sites we could get a link on though. Perhaps some SBnation blogs or something.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 03:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: about the Mothership closing down...you shouldn't be.

Party on Garth

The fact that team won a playoff game the year before Mikey B took over and hasn't won one since should point you in the correct general direction of the cause of the problem.

Reply/Quote

Denny is a tool. Always was.
[Image: mafBG.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 10:04 PM)treee Wrote: We need to see if we can get some of the sites to have links for bengalboards.net (cincy jungle off the top of my head)

I think wolfkaosun does some writing for Cincy Jungle. I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing some linking in some articles. 

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 10:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yup. The only thing the mother ship had on these boards is that they had an easy way to recruit members.

That and him trying to pretend like he had "insider information" when well umm he didn't. Joe from Flo busted him out on that back when.
Reply/Quote

Party on Garth

OK, so if we win a playoff game this year, then you were right!  
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:13 AM)RoarOfTheBengal Wrote: Denny is a tool. Always was.

I can't deal with the Bengals fans on Facebook.  They are so STUPID.  They have no idea what they are talking about. They still think we have the problems we had in 2006.  
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 08:10 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I can't deal with the Bengals fans on Facebook.  They are so STUPID.  They have no idea what they are talking about. They still think we have the problems we had in 2006.  

LOL, the only thing worse than a Steeler fan is a Bengal fan that still thinks Palmer is on the team. Or whatever.
Reply/Quote