Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone that is sad
It's D day, and there's nothing wrong with the Mother Ship yet. Members only, but folks is posting etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 08:02 PM)Utts Wrote: What I'm sad about is Denny is on there saying that message boards are a thing of the past, and time for us losers to learn how to follow social media. He's selling the company BS right up to the end ... I'll give him credit for that.

Denny is an idiot if he thinks social media can bring what the forums did to the fan base.  He just got lazy and didn't want to post or MOD any more, so the board closing fits with his current desire to interact socially.

I too am glad not to have to listen to Denny any more, and his constant positive drivel.  He should never have been given power over there in the first place.  I believe making him a MOD was one of the larger regrets of Jo Flo's internet life.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 03:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: about the Mothership closing down...you shouldn't be.

There's no such thing as the Bo Jackson curse. The reason the Bengals haven't won a playoff game in a quarter century is due to the BBC. No, not the British Broadcasting Corporation. I'm talking about the Boards.Benglals.Com curse.

Think about it. Boards start up the season the Bengals finally make the playoffs after a 15 year hiatus. Boards have been around since then, and in that time, still no playoff victories.

My solid, scientifically-sound conclusion?

With the BBC going bye bye...the bengals should have nothing to stop them from winning in the playoffs this year.

Party on Garth

Oh no, could it be that the BBC was what got the Bengals to the Playoffs and now that it's gone, the Bengals will go back to the 90's?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:14 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's D day, and there's nothing wrong with the Mother Ship yet. Members only, but folks is posting etc.

Not any more. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:59 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Oh no, could it be that the BBC was what got the Bengals to the Playoffs and now that it's gone, the Bengals will go back to the 90's?

No!  :angry:

Because then, i'd be wrong.  Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:14 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's D day, and there's nothing wrong with the Mother Ship yet. Members only, but folks is posting etc.

The Bengals.com MB today:

[Image: sinking-ship.png]

The last known pic of Denny:

[Image: All%20Hands%20On%20Deck%20-%20Clean.jpg]

Yet we're all safe and dry thanks to a book written by Bengalholic:

[Image: 8074763079_8d5c7e019a_b.jpg]

And, as final respects are paid:

[Image: taps.jpg]

The new (and way better) board leaves port:

[Image: Yacht%20Party.jpg]

And the party continues:

[Image: bbc.jpg]

We even let a steeler fan or two come on board the new ship:

[Image: interrogate_yacht_party_web-403x540.jpg]

As for Denny, no one knows what became of him:

[Image: booze_cruise_1.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:16 AM)Beaker Wrote: The Bengals.com MB today:

[Image: sinking-ship.png]

The last known pic of Denny:

[Image: All%20Hands%20On%20Deck%20-%20Clean.jpg]

Yet we're all safe and dry thanks to a book written by Bengalholic:

[Image: 8074763079_8d5c7e019a_b.jpg]

And, as final respects are paid:

[Image: taps.jpg]

The new (and way better) board leaves port:

[Image: Yacht%20Party.jpg]

And the party continues:

[Image: bbc.jpg]

We even let a steeler fan or two come on board the new ship:

[Image: interrogate_yacht_party_web-403x540.jpg]

As for Denny, no one knows what became of him:

[Image: booze_cruise_1.jpg]

LOL. I wish there was a way to sticky this post at the top of the board.

It should be like a nice welcoming/story post to all the new members and a fond remembrance for all the vets.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 08:10 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I can't deal with the Bengals fans on Facebook.  They are so STUPID.  They have no idea what they are talking about. They still think we have the problems we had in 2006.  

I can't follow any team I actually care about on Facebook because the people that show up are just the absolutely worst type of "fans."  I'm talking "hope the starting QB gets injured because the guy on the bench is totally better" types of responses.  I was monitoring the Arizona Cardinals one and there were lots of people who were seriously upset when Palmer's shoulder was showing signs of recovery because Drew Stanton was "the new QB."  A lot of the posters with that sentiment were 20-something women, which just smacks of fair-weather facebook nonsense.  I mean, I guess Drew is sexier, but c'mon!

You know, the kind of stuff we try to avoid by seeking out semi-informed message board environments...right?
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't follow any team I actually care about on Facebook because the people that show up are just the absolutely worst type of "fans."  I'm talking "hope the starting QB gets injured because the guy on the bench is totally better" types of responses.  I was monitoring the Arizona Cardinals one and there were lots of people who were seriously upset when Palmer's shoulder was showing signs of recovery because Drew Stanton was "the new QB."  A lot of the posters with that sentiment were 20-something women, which just smacks of fair-weather facebook nonsense.  I mean, I guess Drew is sexier, but c'mon!

You know, the kind of stuff we try to avoid by seeking out semi-informed message board environments...right?

Yeah, the vast majority of replies i see on facebook on any subject...are the trolljerks just looking to be an ass or try to get a rise out of someone they don't know.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:33 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah, the vast majority of replies i see on facebook on any subject...are the trolljerks just looking to be an ass or try to get a rise out of someone they don't know.

I think you are giving them too much credit; I truly think these people think the key to winning in the NFL is for the starting QB to suffer a career-ending injury.
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_mh1yybp16y1rlo1q2o1_500.jpg]

(06-01-2015, 11:33 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah, the vast majority of replies i see on facebook on any subject...are the trolljerks just looking to be an ass or try to get a rise out of someone they don't know.

thats when you click on their name And block them eventually Facebook is a tolerable place.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 08:10 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I can't deal with the Bengals fans on Facebook.  They are so STUPID.  They have no idea what they are talking about. They still think we have the problems we had in 2006.  

Imo, that's what made the boards so awesome. So many times my Wife or Mom would introduce me to someone that was "a Bengals fan", and after 20 seconds I'd realize the conversation would be similar to talking quantum physics with a 2 year old. I'm not trying to sound like a dick, it's just that it's hard to take a conversation seriously when they can't even name our starting skill position players and think guys like Benson, Simpson, etc are still on the team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:23 AM)Stewy Wrote: Denny is an idiot if he thinks social media can bring what the forums did to the fan base.  He just got lazy and didn't want to post or MOD any more, so the board closing fits with his current desire to interact socially.

I too am glad not to have to listen to Denny any more, and his constant positive drivel.  He should never have been given power over there in the first place.  I believe making him a MOD was one of the larger regrets of Jo Flo's internet life.

I dont think the board is closing because Denny didnt want to MOD is anymore. I think it closed because the organization as a whole wanted it to close. 

With that being said, Denny was one of the worst posters on that board. He was a puppet. Until the end, he honestly believed that forums and message boards were out dated, which is not true. 

I get that the organization wanted to lean on social media more, but in no way does that replace everything that a forum can do. Its a joke.  
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
End of an era. But end is what eras do. We sure landed on our feet, though, didn't we?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
34 mentioned that more folks (himself included) were going to social media sites. Denny also mentioned this and said that traffic on the boards was down over the last few years. As usual, 34 was very respectful about it, whereas Denny came off as an arrogant brown nosing puppet.

But take it fwiw. The "official" reason for the board closing is that there wasn't enough traffic to justify keeping it, and they want to focus on social media.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 34 mentioned that more folks (himself included) were going to social media sites. Denny also mentioned this and said that traffic on the boards was down over the last few years. As usual, 34 was very respectful about it, whereas Denny came off as an arrogant brown nosing puppet.

But take it fwiw. The "official" reason for the board closing is that there wasn't enough traffic to justify keeping it, and they want to focus on social media.

well the best thing about social media... Is the block feature works great. (at least on facebook)
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well the best thing about social media... Is the block feature works great. (at least on facebook)

It does, but tbh I don't get on FB to talk Bengals. I get on there to keep up with friends and family. 

I like having conversations about the Bengals, rather than leaving a random comment that I'll never come back to.

That's what hooked me to the boards in the first place. Facebook has always been available, but it's not good for talking sports imo.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 01:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont think the board is closing because Denny didnt want to MOD is anymore. I think it closed because the organization as a whole wanted it to close. 

With that being said, Denny was one of the worst posters on that board. He was a puppet. Until the end, he honestly believed that forums and message boards were out dated, which is not true. 

I get that the organization wanted to lean on social media more, but in no way does that replace everything that a forum can do. Its a joke.  

That isn't what I meant.  I know it had nothing to do with what Denny wanted.  It was stated that Denny SUPPORTED it, and that is what I was referring to.  That Denny's of the forums closing support was because he got lazy.  I was not referencing the actual closing itself.
Reply/Quote
I think the official time of the Bengal's Board death was 9:38AM.
I was on this morning for a couple of minutes and then I could no longer access the threads.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:51 PM)Stewy Wrote: That isn't what I meant.  I know it had nothing to do with what Denny wanted.  It was stated that Denny SUPPORTED it, and that is what I was referring to.  That Denny's of the forums closing support was because he got lazy.  I was not referencing the actual closing itself.

Got ya. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote