Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone that is sad
Good-Bye Bengals.Com Jungle Noise.........Hello Bengals Board Net.....and also Bengals Message Boards.Com

and as always, GO BENGALS
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It does, but tbh I don't get on FB to talk Bengals. I get on there to keep up with friends and family. 

I like having conversations about the Bengals, rather than leaving a random comment that I'll never come back to.

That's what hooked me to the boards in the first place. Facebook has always been available, but it's not good for talking sports imo.

This. Right. Here.

FB and Twitter just isn't gonna cut the mustard for die hard fans....or hardcore football fans in general.  Screw the FO for suggesting that it would. 

I ain't sad that shit hole closed, I'm just mad I lost all of my contact info over there and the ability to look up old posts to call out bullshit on someone in a good ol' argument! LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 12:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: [Image: tumblr_mh1yybp16y1rlo1q2o1_500.jpg]

thats when you click on their name And block them eventually Facebook is a tolerable place.

That's a whole lotta blockin...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: This. Right. Here.

FB and Twitter just isn't gonna cut the mustard for die hard fans....or hardcore football fans in general.  Screw the FO for suggesting that it would. 

I ain't sad that shit hole closed, I'm just mad I lost all of my contact info over there and the ability to look up old posts to call out bullshit on someone in a good ol' argument! LOL

Tbh, that's all I'm upset about myself. I know at some point I'll think of an old post or thread I want to reference or pull up. 

Other than that though, it feels good to know I won't have to bite my tongue as much.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: This. Right. Here.

Facebook draws in more people, more casual fans, and therefore more ad revenue.  I get the reasoning behind the move, and I'd sell everyone here to the commies for a nickel myself, but that doesn't mean I have to swallow the notion that the message board doesn't serve a purpose that Facebook can't/won't.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh, that's all I'm upset about myself. I know at some point I'll think of an old post or thread I want to reference or pull up. 

Other than that though, it feels good to know I won't have to bite my tongue as much.

I will say that not having to bite my tongue, as much, is the thing I'm happiest about with this place.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 01:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Imo, that's what made the boards so awesome. So many times my Wife or Mom would introduce me to someone that was "a Bengals fan", and after 20 seconds I'd realize the conversation would be similar to talking quantum physics with a 2 year old. I'm not trying to sound like a dick, it's just that it's hard to take a conversation seriously when they can't even name our starting skill position players and think guys like Benson, Simpson, etc are still on the team.

Agreed. I don't encounter many Bengals fans in the Northwest. I get excited when I do meet them, but I can't talk to them about the team because they have no clue what's going on with the team. Most know Andy and AJ, but that's about it. Then some tell me that Andy needs to throw to Chad more than AJ. I used to correct them, but it was pointless. Now I just smile, nod, and walk away.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 34 mentioned that more folks (himself included) were going to social media sites. Denny also mentioned this and said that traffic on the boards was down over the last few years. As usual, 34 was very respectful about it, whereas Denny came off as an arrogant brown nosing puppet.

But take it fwiw. The "official" reason for the board closing is that there wasn't enough traffic to justify keeping it, and they want to focus on social media.

There wasn't enough traffic yet the boards practically crashed every football sunday. Yea, that makes a lot of sense.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 34 mentioned that more folks (himself included) were going to social media sites. Denny also mentioned this and said that traffic on the boards was down over the last few years. As usual, 34 was very respectful about it, whereas Denny came off as an arrogant brown nosing puppet.

But take it fwiw. The "official" reason for the board closing is that there wasn't enough traffic to justify keeping it, and they want to focus on social media.

It didn't seem to me that traffic was down but yeah Denny was a d-bag.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 05:39 PM)J24 Wrote: It didn't seem to me that traffic was down but yeah Denny was a d-bag.

Did y'all know Denny is registered here? Smirk

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 05:03 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agreed. I don't encounter many Bengals fans in the Northwest. I get excited when I do meet them, but I can't talk to them about the team because they have no clue what's going on with the team. Most know Andy and AJ, but that's about it. Then some tell me that Andy needs to throw to Chad more than AJ. I used to correct them, but it was pointless. Now I just smile, nod, and walk away.

Sadly that's how most fans living in Cincinnati are too IMO.  The new meme is that Dalton sucks, but they still think we have problems with discipline and arrests.  
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 07:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Did y'all know Denny is registered here? Smirk

Good maybe he'll learn what a d-bag he is

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 07:52 PM)Bryan Wrote: Good maybe he'll learn what a d-bag he is

LMAO

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 07:44 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Did y'all know Denny is registered here? Smirk

No foolin'?

Well, in that case, welcome aboard, Denny. Oh, and please tell Scrooge McDuck and his horse-faced ***** daughter that Awful Llama cordially invites them both to go **** themselves with rusty garden implements.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 01:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Imo, that's what made the boards so awesome. So many times my Wife or Mom would introduce me to someone that was "a Bengals fan", and after 20 seconds I'd realize the conversation would be similar to talking quantum physics with a 2 year old. I'm not trying to sound like a dick, it's just that it's hard to take a conversation seriously when they can't even name our starting skill position players and think guys like Benson, Simpson, etc are still on the team.

I know.  That's amazing when someone calls themselves a "fan" and don't even know who the starters are. 

Hell my wife knows at least the majority of starters on her favorite team. 

She doesn't even read info about them other than watching the games.

Look, if someone knows the starting offensive linemen, then at least you know they probably can hold a decent conversation.

It's when you can talk about things deeper in the depth chart...  then you know you are really on to something.

Chances are, people who are that knowledgeable, know more about history and also what the issues are with the team.

It's just damn comical when you have a casual conversation about the team to a "fan" and they give you the deer in the headlights look and say "uh... yeah".

[Image: th?id=JN.blxjU9oQIFYv8Cx34zTgaQ&pid=15.1&P=0]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm suffering some sort of PTSD. I keep trying to go to the Bengals Message Boards very well aware it's closed but continue to do it anyway.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 07:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Did y'all know Denny is registered here? Smirk

Is he gonna give us all an infraction?  :snark:

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:18 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: I'm suffering some sort of PTSD. I keep trying to go to the Bengals Message Boards very well aware it's closed but continue to do it anyway.

I've done that a few times hoping it'd load even though I know it wouldn't.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:23 PM)Bryan Wrote: I've done that a few times hoping it'd load even though I know it wouldn't.

I've already changed that bookmark icon to something else. 

Outta sight, outta mind. 

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've already changed that bookmark icon to something else. 

Outta sight, outta mind. 

I just deleted it from my bookmarks. Maybe it'll help.

Reply/Quote