Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone think Ced is active this week?
Thread title says it all.

Does anyone think that Ced will be active this week?
The bigger question - assuming no one is injured - does he get any reps?
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, the Bengals website alluded to him taking Dennard's roster spot.

If so, I figure he will split reps with Fisher as the extra TE in heavy formations (game to game rotation of which one is active).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 11:22 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yes, the Bengals website alluded to him taking Dennard's roster spot.

If so, I figure he will split reps with Fisher as the extra TE in heavy formations (game to game rotation of which one is active).

Just because he is taking Dennards spot on the roster doesn't mean he will be active.

With the D line a bit banged up right now and the secondary banged up... I imagine every DB will be active.

Then I could see Marcus Hardison active also so Bengals can get fresh legs and really rush the passer. Take pressure off the DBs
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 12:21 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Just because he is taking Dennards spot on the roster doesn't mean he will be active.

With the D line a bit banged up right now and the secondary banged up... I imagine every DB will be active.

Then I could see Marcus Hardison active also so Bengals can get fresh legs and really rush the passer. Take pressure off the DBs

Hope you're right about Hardison.  Been wanting to see him in action
Reply/Quote
He hasn't practiced for more than a few weeks. The OL is healthy and so is the backup. He won't be active.
Reply/Quote
Unless we plan to run him out there at nickel CB....
Reply/Quote
Not active. Probably not for the rest of the season (barring injury).

But he'll take Winston's roster spot next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 03:45 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Not active. Probably not for the rest of the season (barring injury).

But he'll take Winston's roster spot next year.

Agree on your first point.

Taking Winston's spot, I think that would be assuming they re-sign Andre - which is far from a sure thing.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 07:42 PM)MoneyCityManiac Wrote: Agree on your first point.

Taking Winston's spot, I think that would be assuming they re-sign Andre - which is far from a sure thing.

Yea, I believe Cedric will be the starting RT next year and Andre will be playing for another team. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 12:21 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote:
Just because he is taking Dennards spot on the roster doesn't mean he will be active.

Agree 100%.  But the reporting from the team has made it sound as if they want to get him in there, which is where my statement comes from.  I can't imagine that we would dress 9 on the oline, which leads me to believe that FIsher will be inactive and Ced will be active this week (gotta have a back up center in there, so Fisher is the odd man out).
Reply/Quote
I'd say he'll be active for two games down the stretch just to give him a few reps in real action. I can't imagine him being inactive the whole way. We've got to see what we've got in him if Smith is not here next season, right?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 12:21 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Just because he is taking Dennards spot on the roster doesn't mean he will be active.

Although this sounds really good it theory, I would think the extra spot would have to go to the secondary in case Jones is limited.  I sure hope the offense soars and Adam Jones gets to spend more time on the sidelines.  They absolutely need him healthy down the stretch and in the postseason.  
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 03:39 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He hasn't practiced for more than a few weeks. The OL is healthy and so is the backup. He won't be active.

This is his 3rd week of practice and he has been in every meeting since camp.

My point is he has been able to learn in the classroom so not exactly like a guy that just shows up in camp in the pre-season. He has also been working out with trainers for 6 months so his fitness level should be very good.

I am not saying he is active, but it also would not surprise me.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 12:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is his 3rd week of practice and he has been in every meeting since camp.

My point is he has been able to learn in the classroom so not exactly like a guy that just shows up in camp in the pre-season. He has also been working out with trainers for 6 months so his fitness level should be very good.

I am not saying he is active, but it also would not surprise me.

3 weeks of actual practice does not equal being in football shape. It's an entirely different animal. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 01:11 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 3 weeks of actual practice does not equal being in football shape. It's an entirely different animal. 

While I agree with that statement, Burfict went on the field with less...
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 01:11 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 3 weeks of actual practice does not equal being in football shape. It's an entirely different animal. 

Camp is only 5 weeks and vets spend much of the time doing nothing.

I am not sure how long it takes to get into football shape, but I do know a guy like Ced would not be expected to take 60 plus snaps a game so I would think he could be eased into our offense easily with 15 to 20 snaps
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 01:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: While I agree with that statement, Burfict went on the field with less...

But Burfict is also an All-Pro linebacker who has played in NFL games before this. He understands the defense plus he's a starter.

Ogubehi will most likely ride the bench unless they bring a 3 OT formation. And even that's iffy, as it seems Hue likes to put Fisher out there as an eligible receiver.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 04:19 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: But Burfict is also an All-Pro linebacker who has played in NFL games before this. He understands the defense plus he's a starter.

Ogubehi will most likely ride the bench unless they bring a 3 OT formation. And even that's iffy, as it seems Hue likes to put Fisher out there as an eligible receiver.

He was to take limited snaps, just as Ced could.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 01:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: While I agree with that statement, Burfict went on the field with less...

Burfict isn't a rookie and he rotates at LB

(11-28-2015, 01:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Camp is only 5 weeks and vets spend much of the time doing nothing.

I am not sure how long it takes to get into football shape, but I do know a guy like Ced would not be expected to take 60 plus snaps a game so I would think he could be eased into our offense easily with 15 to 20 snaps

But then they get 3 pre-season games. And usually don't have long delays off of injury. Completely different. 

(11-28-2015, 05:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He was to take limited snaps, just as Ced could.

Not sure what 15-20 (limited) snaps you guys think Ced would take. Genuinely curious about that...
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 05:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He was to take limited snaps, just as Ced could.

Not really. Burfitct played quite a bit against the Steelers. Ced will not and should not.
Reply/Quote