Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kevin Huber is bad
Is this guy capable of kicking it more than 40 yards these days? It seems like every time we punt the opponent is starting their drive at the 30-40 yard line.

The punting has been awful this season. I think its time for an upgrade next year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Is this guy capable of kicking it more than 40 yards these days? It seems like every time we punt the opponent is starting their drive at the 30-40 yard line.

The punting has been awful this season. I think its time for an upgrade next year.

Why go straight to saying he's bad? He's been solid for us and one of the few bright spots for our team the last several years. I honestly think he is the least of our problems. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Is this guy capable of kicking it more than 40 yards these days? It seems like every time we punt the opponent is starting their drive at the 30-40 yard line.

Huh?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HubeKe20.htm

This year, he's tied for the 5th-best punting average of his career (in 13 seasons) and of his 4 punts yesterday, one was inside the 20 and another was a TB (so at the 20, not the 40).

What an obtuse way of looking at it...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Huber is middle of the pack or better in pretty much any punting statistic you want to use.  He's no All Pro or anything, but the guy is solid.  
Reply/Quote
He's old and a free agent after this season. I wouldn't be surprised if we go elsewhere this off season.
Reply/Quote

Going based on punting average, he is solidly middle of the pack, averaging 46.3 yards per punt. What makes you think it has been awful? Cincinnati as a team has the 12th best punting average in the league, so a couple of those guys ahead of Huber must have either switched teams or something. I don't think punting has been an issue.

What have you not liked about Huber? 
Reply/Quote
I thought Chrisman had an outside chance at making the team going into the season. I could definitely see them moving on from Huber next year. He hasn’t been particularly bad, but he’s at the point we could probably stand to upgrade the position.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why go straight to saying he's bad? He's been solid for us and one of the few bright spots for our team the last several years. I honestly think he is the least of our problems. 

He has been solid for us but not this year. I think his age is catching up to him. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
This is one of those "that was a tough loss and I'm tired of bitching about Zac so I'm putting Huber's head in the guillotine to make me feel better" threads.

Reply/Quote
True, Kevin doesn't boom it as much as he used to. He is still solid though.

Maybe the next punter the Bengals get could be like Pat McInally, one of the most colorful players of all time. He also played wide receiver, which these days it's very rare for a punter to do anything besides punt. Anyway, Pat McInally once got his head almost taken off on a pass play in a game against the Browns. He not only came back, but he also scored a TD later in the game.
Reply/Quote
This thread stinks of those "We need a new PR. Erickson isn't getting it done. Yeah, he's middle of the pack in average, but he doesn't bust big TD returns. We need someone more explosive back there....like Darius Phillips...." takes from last off-season.
Reply/Quote
I understand Monday morning reactionary posts about players and coaches and have no problem with them taking place. Forums where fans chat about a team would be rather boring without the emotional posts. Buuuuuuut, to randomly call out the punter is a strange take. Phillips, Zac, and others associated with the team are more deserving of a Monday hot take post.
Reply/Quote