Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone think Taylor is improving?
(11-23-2021, 03:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hard to say. We have way better talent, and we're not trying to tank anymore. So that explains some of the improvement. I thought Zac's gameplans vs the Steelers and Ravens were top notch.

We've also had some duds though. Would we be better with a better scheme and game plans? Maybe. Hard to be mad at someone for wondering. I think at best, Zac still has to prove himself...and this last stretch (which looks moderately difficult, but has a bunch of home games) will tell us what we need to know.

I know people make similar claims every week, but the playoffs are on the line and the team is about as healthy as it gets. If we have a losing record over the next 7 games, that will he very telling, IMO. We're set up to win.

I don't believe anyone really tries to tank. These guys have to much pride...
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 04:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is such a huge point that no one talks about. This team is DISCIPLINED. 

Its so refreshing to not see a ton of penalties and stupid shit during the games. Not a lot of false starts, off-sides, cheap shot BS. That has 100% improved under ZT. 

This is a major sign this team listens and has bought in 100% to Zac's  culture change.. We are seeing accountability that we haven't since Wyche...
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 04:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is such a huge point that no one talks about. This team is DISCIPLINED. 

Its so refreshing to not see a ton of penalties and stupid shit during the games. Not a lot of false starts, off-sides, cheap shot BS. That has 100% improved under ZT. 

Agreed, this is what stands out the most to me this year. Great sign. We will see how the rest of the season goes but right now
things are looking good as long as Taylor and company have the players prepared for their opponents which wasn't the case with 
the Jets or the Browns and it was very clear.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dramatically.

Every team has injuries but we had an unusually high amount last year and an unusually low amount this season.

We've had the injury bug the last few years....even going back to the end of Marvin's run. We were certainly due.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:38 PM)Tony Wrote: We are seeing accountability that we haven't since Wyche...

Uh, no we are not.

We played like total shit against the Jets and the team was "held so accountable" that they followed that up by playing like shit at home against the Browns.

Where are you seeing any "accountability"?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 11:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, no we are not.

We played like total shit against the Jets and the team was "held so accountable" that they followed that up by playing like shit at home against the Browns.

Where are you seeing any "accountability"?

1 of the few times we have got our ass kicked that I felt like we were close. I counted 10 to 15 plays that 1 busted tackle, 1 drop, 1 busted coverage a couplde tickytack calls. Point I'm trying to make I didn't feel we were overmatched talent wise like I have felt in previous seasons.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:35 PM)Tony Wrote: I don't believe anyone really tries to tank. These guys have to much pride...

I don't believe players or coaches do, but organizations most definitely do. The Browns hired analytics guys and gutted their team to where no reasonable person thought they were trying to win. They were tanking for high draft picks.

Their process looked identical to what many NBA and MLB teams have deployed. It's slowly coming to the NFL. I think the Dolphins, Jags and yes the Bengals have had similar rebuilds.

Thankfully, NFL teams aren't tanking as long as NBA and MLB teams. NFL teams seem to try for a QB and a couple other pieces, and fill the gaps with free agency.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 12:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't believe players or coaches do, but organizations most definitely do. The Browns hired analytics guys and gutted their team to where no reasonable person thought they were trying to win. They were tanking for high draft picks.

Their process looked identical to what many NBA and MLB teams have deployed. It's slowly coming to the NFL. I think the Dolphins, Jags and yes the Bengals have had similar rebuilds.

Thankfully, NFL teams aren't tanking as long as NBA and MLB teams. NFL teams seem to try for a QB and a couple other pieces, and fill the gaps with free agency.

I'd also include this year's Texans and Lions teams as tanking. I agree that no player or coach is in on tanking. It's always the front office. 

I do think that the 2019 Bengals weren't in on tanking until about the mid point of the season. The FO legitimately thought that we had a talented roster and the new coaching staff would fix that.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 11:15 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote:  Point I'm trying to make I didn't feel we were overmatched talent wise like I have felt in previous seasons.

Exactly.  If we have the talent then the problem must be the coaching.

With all the help the team has given Taylor in free agency we should be winning more.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 02:24 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd also include this year's Texans and Lions teams as tanking. I agree that no player or coach is in on tanking. It's always the front office. 

I do think that the 2019 Bengals weren't in on tanking until about the mid point of the season. The FO legitimately thought that we had a talented roster and the new coaching staff would fix that.

I don't think this organization/FO is smart enough to tank. I'm serious. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
C,G CB2 are the 3 week spots If Mr. Pec/hamstring ever stays on the field we can fix CB2. Hopkins is improving as the season wears on. He still currently a liability though. The other G spot will remain a problem rest of season unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 12:23 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If Mr. Pec/hamstring ever stays on the field we can fix CB2.

I still don't think they should trust (or plan) for him being around even if he does somehow return and stay healthy. 

Also, maybe FS, and 3te DE.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 12:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: I still don't think they should trust (or plan) for him being around even if he does somehow return and stay healthy. 

I'm Just talking this season. T top of the list as far as next year Reif is a 1 year deal
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 02:24 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd also include this year's Texans and Lions teams as tanking. I agree that no player or coach is in on tanking. It's always the front office. 

Well A Better staff might have... But new for the sake of new doesnt work most the time
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 12:23 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: C,G CB2 are the 3 week spots If Mr. Pec/hamstring ever stays on the field we can fix CB2. Hopkins is improving as the season wears on. He still currently a liability though. The other G spot will remain a problem rest of season unfortunately.

Why is CB2 an issue... we have Awuzie in that position.

Tre Waynes is our CB1. That is the issue. Waynes was our W. Jackson replacement that can not get on the field.

OL are hard. We drafted a lot recently and they usually take a year or two to adapt to the NFL. If we keep drafting OL than we wasted all the previous picks in the last 2 years. Some of these guys need to see the field at some point.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 12:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: I still don't think they should trust (or plan) for him being around even if he does somehow return and stay healthy. 

Last I heard, Waynes was ruled out through the Raiders game but could come back for the Steelers game, so this week. I haven't seen any practice reports, so not sure where that is at. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 08:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly.  If we have the talent then the problem must be the coaching.

With all the help the team has given Taylor in free agency we should be winning more.

Ok, but think about this: 2 of our 4 losses (Packers, Jets) we had chances to win or should have held on to a lead to win. Green Pay, we had 2 FG attempts for wins and the Jets we had an 11 point lead midway through the 4th quarter. If we had won those games, we'd be sitting at 8-2 and one of the top teams in the league. 

Now, sure, reality is what it is and we're at 6-4 but we are this close (i'm holding my index finger extremely close to my thumb) to being 8-2 which I think we would all agree is pretty damn good for a guy who had 6 total wins coming into this season.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 12:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Now, sure, reality is what it is and we're at 6-4 but we are this close (i'm holding my index finger extremely close to my thumb) to being 8-2 

We are also that close to being 4-6.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 12:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Ok, but think about this: 2 of our 4 losses (Packers, Jets) we had chances to win or should have held on to a lead to win. Green Pay, we had 2 FG attempts for wins and the Jets we had an 11 point lead midway through the 4th quarter. If we had won those games, we'd be sitting at 8-2 and one of the top teams in the league. 

Now, sure, reality is what it is and we're at 6-4 but we are this close (i'm holding my index finger extremely close to my thumb) to being 8-2 which I think we would all agree is pretty damn good for a guy who had 6 total wins coming into this season.

9 -1 if we make that shoestring tackle of Fields
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 01:13 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 9 -1 if we make that shoestring tackle of Fields

Or Burrow only throws 2 INTs in a row instead of 3.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote