Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone think Taylor is improving?
(11-24-2021, 12:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Ok, but think about this: 2 of our 4 losses (Packers, Jets) we had chances to win or should have held on to a lead to win. Green Pay, we had 2 FG attempts for wins and the Jets we had an 11 point lead midway through the 4th quarter. If we had won those games, we'd be sitting at 8-2 and one of the top teams in the league. 

Now, sure, reality is what it is and we're at 6-4 but we are this close (i'm holding my index finger extremely close to my thumb) to being 8-2 which I think we would all agree is pretty damn good for a guy who had 6 total wins coming into this season.

(11-24-2021, 01:13 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 9 -1 if we make that shoestring tackle of Fields

(11-24-2021, 01:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Or Burrow only throws 2 INTs in a row instead of 3.

Yeah, the NFL can change on a dime, clean up the little mistakes and we could be much better then what our record says.

Hope this happens the rest of the season and we continue to clean up these little mistakes.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 01:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Or Burrow only throws 2 INTs in a row instead of 3.

Or Logan picks up the scoop and score.

(11-24-2021, 12:44 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Last I heard, Waynes was ruled out through the Raiders game but could come back for the Steelers game, so this week. I haven't seen any practice reports, so not sure where that is at. 

Out for this week too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, the NFL can change on a dime, clean up the little mistakes and we could be much better then what our record says.

Hope this happens the rest of the season and we continue to clean up these little mistakes.

without some plays breaking our way could be a lot worse too(our record)
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 05:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Or Logan picks up the scoop and score.

Out for this week too.

Even if Logan just fell on that fumble it could of been another win.

We need to look for a Waynes replacement, pretty ridiculous for him to almost always be injured as a Bengal.

(11-24-2021, 05:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: without some plays breaking our way could be a lot worse too(our record)

True.
Reply/Quote
No
Reply/Quote
Absolutely, Bengals continue to play like this and end up in the playoff, he should get some votes for comeback coach of the year
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 07:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We seem much better prepared this year compared to last 2. We seem to be open to running different personnel and using more misdirections and playing to strengths. He was really bad first 2 years he has improved to about average finally.

Yes, he's gotten better. But he was so bad that it would have been hard for him to have gotten worse.

The fans want a championship. Is Taylor the guy to bring one?

If the answer to that question is no, then there's no reason to keep the guy around after the season. If the answer is yes, then he's going to need to show it this season and win a playoff game.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:35 PM)Tony Wrote: I don't believe anyone really tries to tank. These guys have to much pride...

Yeah, I remember that Dolphins game when the Bengals came back down two TDs and two two-point conversions to tie the game and send it to OT.   I was throwing shit certain they were going to blow it and we would lose Burrow.  
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2021, 11:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, I remember that Dolphins game when the Bengals came back down two TDs and two two-point conversions to tie the game and send it to OT.   I was throwing shit certain they were going to blow it and we would lose Burrow.  

Yeah, that was a strange experience.  Had the game happened early in the season we would have been cheering them on and marveling at the comeback.  Instead, we knew the 1OA pick was in the balance and their losing was needed to secure it.  Hope they never put us in that position again.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2021, 12:21 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, that was a strange experience.  Had the game happened early in the season we would have been cheering them on and marveling at the comeback.  Instead, we knew the 1OA pick was in the balance and their losing was needed to secure it.  Hope they never put us in that position again.  

Would've sucked to end up with that Herbert guy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yes.
Reply/Quote
Taylor has the ship headed in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
Fire Zac Taylor
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Yes, ZT has this team playing really well. Still has to finish the season out but there is enough here to say he has improved quite a bit.
Reply/Quote
But...but... play calling...
Reply/Quote
Yeah have to wait and see how it all plays out at the end of the season. But it's hard not to see some promise after a game like we had today. I was really worried about this game and thought our season could really hinge on if we won or not. So that was very impressive.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 06:23 PM)Destro Wrote: Fire Zac Taylor

You look more and more ridiculous each time you post that... Wink Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Yes. But he had nowhere to go but up.

He still makes some dumbass 4th down decisions, and the short yardage play-calling still stinks. He flat out lost us the Jets game and almost lost us the Vikings game.

However, he deserves a lot of credit for flipping the roster over and changing the culture. Draft picks have been mostly pretty good. Burrow, Chase, and McPherson are home runs. Higgins darn good. Evans a steal. Ossai looked like a homer before the injury. Logan Wilson solid. Adeniji.

The FA additions have almost been universally good. Reader, Hendrickson, Bell, Ogunjobi, Awuzie, Hilton, Reiff, Spain. Even Apple & Perine. The only real whiff is Waynes and that is due to injury, not poor play. I'd love for him to get healthy and start earning his money. The BJ Hill for Price deal was highway robbery.
Reply/Quote
Zac is improving but I still wish he had an NFL bona fide offensive coordinator and let them play call. Zac seems really good at identifying players to get, setting the tone and culture of the team and overall head coach stuff.
Reply/Quote
He needs to stop calling that screen crap like the one that got picked off against the jets and almost got picked off today
Reply/Quote