Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone think Taylor is improving?
Joe Mixon was just singing the praises of the coaches on how well his work load is managed during the week in order for him to be as fresh as possible on gameday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We beat the breaks off of the Ravens and then lost to the lowly Jets and got thumped by the Browns. I said before, my opinion on Taylor is open to change and I think these next games are critical for him and the Bengals.

Respect that I am still not hitching my wagon to Taylor for a single win, the same as those who would say it was the players not executing and not Taylor's fault if the Bengals lost. Beating the Steelers does not change me as the loss to the Jets didn't put me into this camp.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:03 PM)Destro Wrote: We beat the breaks off of the Ravens and then lost to the lowly Jets and got thumped by the Browns. I said before, my opinion on Taylor is open to change and I think these next games are critical for him and the Bengals.

Respect that I am still not hitching my wagon to Taylor for a single win, the same as those who would say it was the players not executing and not Taylor's fault if the Bengals lost. Beating the Steelers does not change me as the loss to the Jets didn't put me into this camp.

As of this moment, only 2 teams in the AFC, the Patriots and Titans, have more wins (8) than Taylor this year (7), Single win nothing....
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As of this moment, only 2 teams in the AFC, the Patriots and Titans, have more wins (8) than Taylor this year (7), Single win nothing....

Resign     ZT
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 06:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You look more and more ridiculous each time you post that... Wink Hilarious

Yet when the Jets and Browns were handing out L's, who were you putting that on? Should we lose another one, I bet you'll drive Zac's bus over someone. I said I was willing to evaluate and adjust my opinion on Taylor as the year played out. Was the same when Dalton beat him, when they beat the Ravens, when they lost to the Jets and Browns and now when they beat the Steelers. If he isn't garbage for the two losses in a row, he is not a genius with the two wins in a row. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Resign     ZT

Why would you want him to quit after such a great win? Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As of this moment, only 2 teams in the AFC, the Patriots and Titans, have more wins (8) than Taylor this year (7), Single win nothing....

Snapshot. Just like when we beat the Ravens and were first in the division. Come at me in January and hopefully I'll change my mind. If we don't do better than .500, here on out, let's see how open minded you are.
Reply/Quote
Zac is making it harder for me to validate my wish to replace him, but I still want him gone. His credibility is he's improved every season.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:17 PM)Destro Wrote: Snapshot. Just like when we beat the Ravens and were first in the division. Come at me in January and hopefully I'll change my mind. If we don't do better than .500, here on out, let's see how open minded you are.

I've already said, at the beginning of the season, what needed to occur for me to continue to support him, and that was 9 or 10 wins. And most people laughed at that possibility. Yet here we are with 7 already.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:19 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Zac is making it harder for me to validate my wish to replace him, but I still want him gone. His credibility is he's improved every season.

Still too early to call for me.

Need to let this season play out.

NFL in general has been a roller-coaster ride this year of upsets.  That doesn't make it any easier.

I do have to say whatever game plan they put together to bring to the Steelers today was quite impressive.

He's winning me over slowly but I thinks it's fair to be skeptical.

Still a of of football to play.  Hopefully more if this team can make the playoffs.

Winning the division this year with all teams in contention would be really something to give him kudos for.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:19 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Zac is making it harder for me to validate my wish to replace him, but I still want him gone. His credibility is he's improved every season.

I think the team wants to win for him. That's better than some teams who have no respect for their HC. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:29 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I think the team wants to win for him. That's better than some teams who have no respect for their HC. 

I think so too.....and Zac had praise for the fanbase in his presser. Said we put them through some bad times, we want to win for them. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:29 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I think the team wants to win for him. That's better than some teams who have no respect for their HC. 

Yep. Some people are so entrenched and so absorbed with his poor first season, and last season with all the injuries they can't seem to enjoy this season. Taylor will lead the team to be the AFCN Champions, and then into the playoffs in his 3rd year, and they will still be wanting to fire him.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've already said, at the beginning of the season, what needed to occur for me to continue to support him, and that was 9 or 10 wins. And most people laughed at that possibility. Yet here we are with 7 already.

I would have laughed at that, yes. I'm honest. Did not see that happening. Did not see the Steelers regressing so much, but I'll take it. Zac has not earned as much leeway as some give him, in my opinion. This team is absolutely sick with talent. Some hate on Burrow ( a few ) and I think he was worth the pick. Many hate on Mixon and I love the play. I have even seen people poop on Higgins, which baffles me. O-Line is not the best around, which can be fatal, and I'm just glad Burrow hasn't been killed, so far. 

The defense is where I have seen the best improvement. Are they still make some fundamental mistakes that pee me off? Sure do. But the talent is there and improving. I will not be a member of the Apple fan club and Phillips can just hang up his cleats now. 

I think Taylor has made some good calls, some awful calls. I think the players have pooped the bed and have taken advantage of other teams, at times. Said it before, win the remainder against the full strength teams, say 5-1, 4-2 and I would be willing to chill on the pink slip posse. Less than that, with this talent? I'd say a quality head coach could do better than that and that is what I'd want. 

One more decent offseason acquisition and draft, and I'm not saying they win a playoff game, I'm saying AFC title game, on talent alone. Not sold on Taylor winning a coaching battle on who else we would face in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 06:23 PM)Destro Wrote: Fire Zac Taylor

A respite doesn't make you less of a man. Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A respite doesn't make you less of a man. Wink

I am consistent. 

You know, I have a nice big bottle of Crystal Hot Sauce I will use and will happily and gladly use to eat crow, should it happen.

We beat the Steelers. It is a joyous time. I shall put down my lighter.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
One adjustment today I appreciated was using motion flares out of the backfield and smoke screens to manufacture Chase touches.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:48 PM)Destro Wrote: I would have laughed at that, yes. I'm honest. Did not see that happening. Did not see the Steelers regressing so much, but I'll take it. Zac has not earned as much leeway as some give him, in my opinion. This team is absolutely sick with talent. Some hate on Burrow ( a few ) and I think he was worth the pick. Many hate on Mixon and I love the play. I have even seen people poop on Higgins, which baffles me. O-Line is not the best around, which can be fatal, and I'm just glad Burrow hasn't been killed, so far. 

The defense is where I have seen the best improvement. Are they still make some fundamental mistakes that pee me off? Sure do. But the talent is there and improving. I will not be a member of the Apple fan club and Phillips can just hang up his cleats now. 

I think Taylor has made some good calls, some awful calls. I think the players have pooped the bed and have taken advantage of other teams, at times. Said it before, win the remainder against the full strength teams, say 5-1, 4-2 and I would be willing to chill on the pink slip posse. Less than that, with this talent? I'd say a quality head coach could do better than that and that is what I'd want. 

One more decent offseason acquisition and draft, and I'm not saying they win a playoff game, I'm saying AFC title game, on talent alone. Not sold on Taylor winning a coaching battle on who else we would face in the playoffs.

Who do you think got the front office to bring all that talent here?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 08:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who do you think got the front office to bring all that talent here?

A lot of talent when you pick high in the draft. Not exactly digging into dozens of scouting reports to find a guy. But the same ones who brought us Trae Waynes, draft Drew Sample and traded up for Finely and a collection of O-line garbagemen. Not that I think Taylor is the blame or credit for every player on the roster, just like Lewis didn't make every decision. You don't have the HC making all those decisions, especially if you don't carry any pedigree ( a la Andy Reid, Bill Belicheck ) and they even don't do absolutes. 

Brown family runs the team as they see fit, as always. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've already said, at the beginning of the season, what needed to occur for me to continue to support him, and that was 9 or 10 wins. And most people laughed at that possibility. Yet here we are with 7 already.

Oh I totally thought it was crazy, but I'm glad to be wrong. Do it Zac, get to 10+ wins.
Reply/Quote