Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone think we..........
pull the huge upset this week?

Green Bay coming off a bad loss, we have an extended time to prep, does our new OC give us a shot in the arm, the Packers haven't beaten us in forever......

Do you think the stars are aligned for a big upset this week or do we continue the slide to 0-3?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 02:44 PM)corpjet Wrote: pull the huge upset this week?

Green Bay coming off a bad loss, we have an extended time to prep, does our new OC give us a shot in the arm, the Packers haven't beaten us in forever......

Do you think the stars are aligned for a big upset this week or do we continue the slide to 0-3?

Possible, the Packs did not play well last night.  
Reply/Quote
I doubt it. I'm guessing their coach knows how to right the ship after it's gone off course. I'd say our best chance is if they have a lot of players injured still from last night, BUT that didn't help us against an even less talented Texans team. WTS I'm still watching as intently as if we were 2-0 not 0-2.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote

Normally, I'd be optimistic that we'd come in and surprise everyone. Not so much anymore, but there is definitely a part of me that can't help but think we ARE going to surprise everyone and beat Green Bay in spectacular fashion.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Vegas has us as a solid underdog. The line is at 9 or 10.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
i have better odds at winning the lottery. Hopefully we can draft another receiver in the top ten who can't stay healthy and another stellar offensive lineman. My hopes were high this yr but as usual it's the bengals and we have marvelous marvin
Reply/Quote
IF Green Bay has both tackles out and Nelson and Cobb don't play...we could win. They are in pretty bad shape as a team too.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 03:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF Green Bay has both tackles out and Nelson and Cobb don't play...we could win. They are in pretty bad shape as a team too.

That would certainly help.  I look for the offense to improve, just not enough yet to beat the Pack in Green Bay.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 03:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF Green Bay has both tackles out and Nelson and Cobb don't play...we could win. They are in pretty bad shape as a team too.

Every team we faced was in pretty bad shape. The scary thing about all this is that we may be the healthiest team in the league right now and we still suck a*^
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 03:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF Green Bay has both tackles out and Nelson and Cobb don't play...we could win. They are in pretty bad shape as a team too.

The Texans had their LT holding out, RG out hurt, all their TEs out hurt, their #3 and #4 WRs out hurt, their best LB suspended, both of their CBs got hurt in the game, and Watson at QB (who is no Rodgers) and the Bengals still lost. (My heart just broke a little typing that out.)

I'm not so sure that Nelson, Cobb, and both T are enough.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm worried about this game for sure.
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif?resize=225%2C169&ssl=1]

wait...this isn't Boston.       Nope.
Reply/Quote

Remember when they played NE on the road after they had just suffered a beatdown from the Chiefs? The Pats pummeled them 43-17...and that Bengals team was much better than this one. I could easily see this one playing out the same way.

That's not to say that an upset couldn't happen...just that it seems unlikely, IMO.
Reply/Quote
I'd feel better if Burfict were coming back. Eifert appears to be out.........

So yeah no.

The team appears to be a mess if all the reports are true. I will say i think we will score TWO TD's.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 05:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Texans had their LT holding out, RG out hurt, all their TEs out hurt, their #3 and #4 WRs out hurt, their best LB suspended, both of their CBs got hurt in the game, and Watson at QB (who is no Rodgers) and the Bengals still lost. (My heart just broke a little typing that out.)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 03:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Normally, I'd be optimistic that we'd come in and surprise everyone. Not so much anymore, but there is definitely a part of me that can't help but think we ARE going to surprise everyone and beat Green Bay in spectacular fashion.

I'd call that a high spread, but I realize 9 points is what we've scored in the span of 2 games at home.  Oof.  It's like we get an 8 quarter head-start against the Packers!
Reply/Quote

i really have no idea..i was sure we would beat the Ravens (got that wrong) and was kind expecting to lose to the texans (got that right)

in my head i still think the offense struggles to completely turn it around after the nitemare of past 2 weeks.

Plus rodgers is way better then watson and flacco and we've not had a team really need to air it out on us so not sure how we'll hold up.

Think this is a huge game for our young pass rushers actually...GB will throw more and rodgers is incredible at extending pass plays so be interesting to see how lawson,willis get on
Reply/Quote
Nope, zero chance. And for that reason I kinda wish we were playing in a December blizzard. At least we could partially blame the ass-kicking on the weather. Nowhere to hide when it's 82 and sunny.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I benched all of the Bengals players I have in fantasy except Green. I expect the offense to go off on Sunday. You're welcome.
Reply/Quote
I do. We gotta lot of offensive frustration to get out
Reply/Quote