Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Apparantly the receivers didn't know the playcall on some plays
(09-24-2019, 10:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: According to the presser, Zac didn't agree that the player gave himself up. Personally, I'm glad to see a HC get in a refs face after 16 years of clapping.

And don't leave out the arms folded across chest deer in head lights stance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not sure what you're getting at, but Taylor was absolutely right in this case. The DB never legitimately gave himself up. Never was touched, never took a knee, or gave the ball to the ref.
Reply/Quote
If it was Belichek instead of Taylor the league would
Be making rule changes now
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:52 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure what you're getting at, but Taylor was absolutely right in this case. The DB never legitimately gave himself up. Never was touched, never took a knee, or gave the ball to the ref.

Exactly

Giving yourself up is going down and staying down until the Refs blow the play dead. Not falling down in the course of making a play then getting back up and running.

He's just on a mission 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:52 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure what you're getting at, but Taylor was absolutely right in this case. The DB never legitimately gave himself up. Never was touched, never took a knee, or gave the ball to the ref.

In the replay you can see the official blowing it dead.

The guys 2 teammates come over to him and touch him and he stays down for like 3 seconds.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:03 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: My guess was the assistant coach was talking to Boyd, he looked off/confused a few times with Dalton was throwing to him. I couldn't tell if it was Andy that was off or Boyd, since they were getting chewed out I guess it was Boyd.

I think that might be an accurate guess.  I can remember at least two plays where Andy threw the ball to a spot, and the receiver cut the opposite direction.  One of those plays was Tyler Boyd, and he instantly touched his helmet, as if to show that he made the mistake.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that might be an accurate guess.  I can remember at least two plays where Andy threw the ball to a spot, and the receiver cut the opposite direction.  One of those plays was Tyler Boyd, and he instantly touched his helmet, as if to show that he made the mistake.

Forgot about that one.... I'd say you guys are right. I was just hoping it was the least experienced guy in the group....lol

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: Forgot about that one.... I'd say you guys are right. I was just hoping it was the least experienced guy in the group....lol

On the last drive, you could see Andy having a hard time hearing. He was holding his hands over his ear holes and looking at the bench as if to say, he can't hear. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In the replay you can see the official blowing it dead.

The guys 2 teammates come over to him and touch him and he stays down for like 3 seconds.

The refs knew the game was over with the INT. I knew it was over, you knew it was over, everyone in the stadium knew it was over.  Zac just had a bit of desire that it was not over.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 05:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We did want a coach who would go absolutely bananas on the sideline. He legit looks like he needs to be put in a straight jacket and taken to the Lonely Pines Nuthouse.

At least he is not clapping and giggling. Some fire, desperation, passion something we have been missing.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 01:27 AM)TKUHL Wrote: The way I'm just going to look at this season is, evaluation! Everyone including coaches. See who quits, who steps up. I don’t mind seeing the coach go ape shit on the sideline. It’s a helluva lot better than seeing Marvin just stand there like a deer in head lights. Or the infamous clap. At least this show the coach has got a little fire in him. It’s what this team needed. And if he sucks, oh well it happens. He’s a young coach who inherited a bad team from Marvin. This isn’t something you just fix after a couple games. His first draft is very concerning but who’s to say how much control he really had. I’m sure some organizations will give a new head coach full day, even a first time head coach. But I would be willing to say he didn’t have much control over who we picked. I’m just telling myself that to feel better. It’s a lack of talent and accountability. The accountability starts with Brown and talent starts with Duke. It’s the result you would expect it to be under them.

As for the other pic of the WR’s getting yelled at. Maybe it was Erickson saying that to Ross, he is in his ear.
We got 21 new coaches this year I think, so this is the only way you can look at it. Too much is unknown about a lot of these coaches to be able to predict what is going to happen.

Yes I like the fire when we get a bad call let the world know about it. It is the only thing we can do we send so many bad calls to NFL office to get the same reply every time sorry our bad but that does not help you does it.

We have had issues on the O-line and at LB for awhile now I would fire Tobin he is more at fault then anyone not giving the coaches the right pieces to win the games with. And picking first rounds picks year after year that end up hurt and unable to play their first year in the NFL. You really need that 1st round pick to start and produce right away.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 09:33 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: At least he is not clapping and giggling. Some fire, desperation, passion something we have been missing.

Meh, I guess.  Here are some pictures of Marvin Lewis screaming since that is apparently so damn essential to being an NFL head coach.

[Image: 1808hsezlw33upng.png]
[Image: pfrdpkaz36yicqds71jd]
[Image: 64933436.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 09:06 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The refs knew the game was over with the INT. I knew it was over, you knew it was over, everyone in the stadium knew it was over.  Zac just had a bit of desire that it was not over.

Kind of like pushing reset on the Nintendo when you lost as a kid.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 11:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I guess.  Here are some pictures of Marvin Lewis screaming since that is apparently so damn essential to being an NFL head coach.

[Image: 1808hsezlw33upng.png]
[Image: pfrdpkaz36yicqds71jd]
[Image: 64933436.png]

THAT GUY shows fire. We need to hire him as HC.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That would be John Ross,I am going to fumble and not catch passes right to me. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 03:45 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: That would be John Ross,I am going to fumble and not catch passes right to me. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:

"shhhh.. I'm thinking, I'm thinking"---Akili Ross
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"We have to read Andy's lips and execute".

It's not uncommon for a team to not know the play call--more specifically in hurry up--in a loud stadium. I don't know that i really get the lip reading part. QBs usually have hand signals that indicate the play/route and i've seen Dalton use them. 

Probably a problem of focus more than anything though, which is sad. You practice all those hours every week and have only 3 hrs on Sunday to execute and your mind is somewhere else?

The first half definitely seemed like a lot of guys on offense weren't focusing...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 06:29 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: This coaching staff is now suspect and I am watching this team  fall apart and no one believes they will win on MNF ,especially the pickin players.OUr linebackers are so slow I could outrun them and I am 73 years young but it great shape at 5ft 11 and 178 pounds of all muscle.Dude I am a machine.I would love to give a locker room talk right before a game.I did that at times in Nam and I must say I came back walking.DUDE,REALLY,ITS A NEW-DEY,WE ARE GOING TO GO OUT THERE AND TAKE WHAT IS OURS.NO you will not Mr.Zac Taylor because the crooked refs are going to steal every game from you or else your so-called QB is going to blow it every game. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

You'd look like a midget in the locker room. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I remember a few seasons where I thought we had the most talented roster. We had depth, we were fast and physical. Now this team is on life support.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 05:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We did want a coach who would go absolutely bananas on the sideline.  He legit looks like he needs to be put in a straight jacket and taken to the Lonely Pines Nuthouse.

I think he should have done that. It looked like it could have been a safety.
Reply/Quote