Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Wants To Introduce Emojis For Disabled People!
And I LOVE IT!

I've always asked why they don't have emojis for crippled people and I was always just half-joking, but I also thought that it could bring awareness to disabilities and remove the taboo that's associated with them, and it looks like Apple might pull the trigger!

Quote:A guide dog, a wheelchair user and prosthetic limbs are just some of the symbols it's suggested.
It said very few of the current emoji options "speak to the life experiences of those with disabilities".
"Adding emoji emblematic to users' life experiences helps foster a diverse culture that is inclusive of disability," it added.

[Image: DY_Qg3JW4AELbhR.jpg]

Quote:Apple's submitted its proposal to the Unicode Consortium, the organisation which reviews requests for new emoji characters.
In its submission Apple said: "Currently, emoji provide a wide range of options, but may not represent the experiences of those with disabilities.
"Diversifying the options available helps fill a significant gap and provides a more inclusive experience for all."
It's made 13 suggestions of emojis to introduce.
A guide dog
A man and woman walking with a cane
A man and woman signing that they are deaf
An ear with a hearing aid
A man and woman in both mechanical and manual wheelchairs
A service dog (a trained dog that helps those with hidden disabilities)
A prosthetic arm
A prosthetic leg
Apple said: "This is not meant to be a comprehensive list of all possible depictions of disabilities, but to provide an initial starting point for greater representation for diversity within the emoji universe."

I think that this could do amazing things in helping kids realize that there's nothing wrong with being disabled and making them feel like they're more a part of the typical world and the same as everyone else!

I also think that it could help kids without disabilities be more accepting of kids with disabilities because it won't be some forbidden subject if they see it on their phones!

I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS IDEA!
Reply/Quote
What’s the middle kids disability. Stink finger?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can't wait until my blind friends see these emojis
Reply/Quote
And I will now have a new way to say that something is "lame".

I used to use "FDR" but no one knew what I meant.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 01:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I will now have a new way to say that something is "lame".

I used to use "FDR" but no one knew what I meant.

My go to is RJB!

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 08:29 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: What’s the middle kids disability. Stink finger?

Looks more like he's turning into a Hall & Oates album, to me.

[Image: 220px-Hall_Oates_Voices.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Emojis are stupid. Call me a grumpy old man all you want, but their stupid with a capital STUPID.

Now, smiley faces on the other hand, they're the bees knees and cat's meow. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 07:03 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: My go to is RJB!

?
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 03:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Now, smiley faces on the other hand, they're the bees knees and cat's meow. Ninja

P'shaw!
Reply/Quote
Apple should really try to fix their older phone's and batteries.  I can literally hold my phone up and watch the battery drain away.

and I'm not doing anything besides holding my phone up. 

god forbid I call someone or listen to music.  forget about playing games or using an app of some kind.  20 minutes on FB, and my battery is drained down to 80% and I start at 100%. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 05:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: ?

Rick James Beotch!

Reply/Quote
So when would you use them?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Forgot one
[Image: timmy_wallpaper_by_danielle_15.jpg]
Reply/Quote