Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple policy delayed
Apple has withdrawn their attempt with a policy to monitor child exploitation on computers. They faced backlash from several groups. This was an idea with good intentions but many just don't trust the idea that Apple can monitor photos. The rational thought is that your liberties should be protected within the framework you are not breaking laws. Obviously child exploitation is creepy behavior. Apple will continue to search for a solution in a way that can be acceptable. I remember when 911 happened airports starting scanning us. And everyone just bit the bullet and said let's do it. It was needed.

https://www.slashgear.com/apple-delays-controversial-child-safety-scanning-system-03689485/

I would think a 'flag' is reasonable in a case where an individual is down loading pictures of kids and Apple can SEE this. Unfortunately this opens a can of worms of other invasiveness's, which is what these other groups are worried about. Can Apple 'police' such stuff....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 11:32 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I would think a 'flag' is reasonable in a case where an individual is down loading pictures of kids and Apple can SEE this.  Unfortunately this opens a can of worms of other invasiveness's, which is what these other groups are worried about.  Can Apple 'police' such stuff....

I don't trust Apple, Google, MSFT, FB, Amazon or any of these big tech companies with anything they say. Sure, they can say they're doing this because of that. Yet, how long is it before they start using things for profit you don't know about because its buried within a 3000 pg terms and conditions agreement most people don't take time to read because they don't have an extra month to set aside to do so.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 11:32 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Apple has with withdrawn their attempt with a policy to monitor child exploitation on computers.  They faced backlash from several groups.  This was an idea with good intentions but many just don't trust the idea that Apple can monitor photos.  The rational thought is that your liberties should be protected within the framework you are not breaking laws.  Obviously child exploitation is creepy behavior.  Apple will continue to search for a solution in a way that can be acceptable.  I remember when 911 happened airports starting scanning us.  And everyone just bit the bullet and said let's do it.  It was needed.

https://www.slashgear.com/apple-delays-controversial-child-safety-scanning-system-03689485/

I would think a 'flag' is reasonable in a case where an individual is down loading pictures of kids and Apple can SEE this.  Unfortunately this opens a can of worms of other invasiveness's, which is what these other groups are worried about.  Can Apple 'police' such stuff....

There's a school of thought that if "you have nothing to hide" then you shouldn't complain. 

Mind you Republican Leader in the U.S. House of Representatives threated that the GOP would go after any telecom that gave information to the 1/6 committee though (once they are back in control).

I don't know if those two things are related.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote