Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applebees .25 boneless wings commercial..
WTF?? Why, I ask you all, why would they continue to allow this advertisement to run, when it clearly says "dine in only" in text, during the commerial?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've seen a lot of advertisements over the last week that by now do not apply given the current situation. My guess is that they were already paid for, scheduled and no one has taken the time to review them. That video was added to youtube Nov 2019 though by someone that appears to not be affiliated with Applebees.

Heck, I'm already in the social distance mindset so much that when I watch TV or movies and every time people shake hands or touch each other I think to myself don't do that.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 08:03 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I've seen a lot of advertisements over the last week that by now do not apply given the current situation.  My guess is that they were already paid for, scheduled and no one has taken the time to review them.  That video was added to youtube  Nov 2019 though by someone that appears to not be affiliated with Applebees.

Heck, I'm already in the social distance mindset so much that when I watch TV or movies and every time people shake hands or touch each other I think to myself don't do that.

Yeah, I realize that was the ad from last fall, but they had just ran a brand new one that inspired me to make this thread.  I get that these ads were already paid for and scheduled to run, prior to the National Emergency.  I was just thinking about what torture it is to see such a bargain offer, that most Americans are unable to enjoy right now.  (I prefer traditional, bone in wings.  My wife likes the boneless, so I would likely have taken her to get some)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I realize that was the ad from last fall, but they had just ran a brand new one that inspired me to make this thread.  I get that these ads were already paid for and scheduled to run, prior to the National Emergency.  I was just thinking about what torture it is to see such a bargain offer, that most Americans are unable to enjoy right now.  (I prefer traditional, bone in wings.  My wife likes the boneless, so I would likely have taken her to get some)

Oh I didn't mean to come off as rude or know-it-all.  I guess I misunderstood.  Sorry for that.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 08:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Oh I didn't mean to come off as rude or know-it-all.  I guess I misunderstood.  Sorry for that.

Lol, you're fine, man.  I just thought is sort of a dark humor for companies to still be running ads that people can't possibly accept right now.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 08:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, you're fine, man.  I just thought is sort of a dark humor for companies to still be running ads that people can't possibly accept right now.

Normally I catch that kind of humor and appreciate it.  But things have been rather stressful here over the last few days so I guess I am a bit off.  I think I need a few good nights of sleep and maybe spend a bit less time on the Internet.  :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 08:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Normally I catch that kind of humor and appreciate it.  But things have been rather stressful here over the last few days so I guess I am a bit off.  I think I need a few good nights of sleep and maybe spend a bit less time on the Internet.  :)

Less time on the internet??  It's all that we have left..   Say What  LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I realize that was the ad from last fall, but they had just ran a brand new one that inspired me to make this thread.  I get that these ads were already paid for and scheduled to run, prior to the National Emergency.  I was just thinking about what torture it is to see such a bargain offer, that most Americans are unable to enjoy right now.  (I prefer traditional, bone in wings.  My wife likes the boneless, so I would likely have taken her to get some)

You’ve been t-bagged by .25 chicken wings.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
I prefer baby back ribs myself, Chili's baby back ribs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvFjtKPNfNE
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 02:12 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I prefer baby back ribs myself, Chili's baby back ribs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvFjtKPNfNE

Well, for the time being at least, we'll all have to settle for ribs made at home.  Which is also kind of anticlimactic, as I typically make them for family gatherings.  Since the 'Gubnah declared that we can't gather in groups of 10 or more, and I only enjoy going through all of the hassle for groups of a dozen or more, I won't be making my locally famous country style ribs any time soon..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote