Poll: How many truly believe, not hope, but believe the Bengals will win tomorrow afternoon?
This poll is closed.
Yes
38.10%
8 38.10%
No
61.90%
13 61.90%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apples to Apples and All Things Considered .....
how many believe, not hope, but truly believe the Bengals will win tomorrow afternoon?
Reply/Quote
I don't, unfortunately. When i think about this, I try to come up with a list of reason why the Bengals will win and the list is way too short.

But I also don't think the whole season rides on this game either.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I truly believe they will. They seem to play better at Pittsburgh and they're due.
Reply/Quote
I want the Bengals to win and think they have a chance. However, the Steelers are tough at home.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
they have lost the last 4. I do think they will win this one
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Steelers have a clearly better roster with a better offensive line.

Anything could happen in the NFL though.
Reply/Quote
5 Steelers fans voted? Make Bengaldom great again... GTFO!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 01:10 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: how many believe, not hope, but truly believe the Bengals will win tomorrow afternoon?

Belief IS hope, nothing more.
Reply/Quote
Yes, the Bengals have a better defense than anyone the steelers have played this year. And, they now have a legitimate pass rush. Piggy won't be able to pat the ball all day and check it down for an easy ten yards. I think the offense does just enough to get 20 points, and pitt doesn't.

Bengals 20
pitt 17

I also have a sneaky suspicion that there might be a big play for the Bengals on special teams...a la Bernard Scott, in the War of 18-12.
Reply/Quote
If we win this one it will feel like a setup for viewers eyeballs so everyone can witness 'Ben's MIRACULOUS comeback' and assured victory later in the season if not post season with 3 broken legs and a soon to be suspended Vontez Burfict clobbering the crap out of him in the end zone.. The "brutal" safety will instead be awarded as a touchdown for the "hero QB" from 108 yards away under some yet to be disclosed made up rule. 
You think I'm kidding, right?  Just wait and see. 

You'll hear the ref with the mic say, "The ruling on the field is a safety, but after further review it has been determined that number 7 of the offense scored a touchdown from the opponents end zone with 3 broken legs...Wow...I can't believe I just said that." 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Missed poll but think Bengals will play well again and have a legit shot at winning game.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 03:58 PM)jason Wrote: 5 Steelers fans voted? Make Bengaldom great again... GTFO!!!

LOL - I would have voted, but I just now seen it. 

(10-22-2017, 02:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Missed poll but think Bengals will play well again and have a legit shot at winning game.

WTF? Didnt see this thread? Same boat as you. If we win today, man, that brings a brand new hope to the season. I think I'm more excited right now than I was the day I learned I won 54 million on the lottery? Wait... That didn't happen, this might not either. So, I guess I'll be depressed at the end of the day either way. Unless we win, then I won't care about not winning the 54 mil. Yep, beating the steelers is that important!

Reply/Quote
If the Steelers play like they did in the first half of their game against the Chiefs, this game won't be close. If they play like they did in the second half, this is anyone's game. No matter what, it all hinges on stopping the run and being able to protect Dalton.
Reply/Quote
They play much better in Pittsburgh, and they've looked much better the past 3 games...so I do have some confidence that they can get the win today. Or...maybe it's just the beer talking.  Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 03:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They play much better in Pittsburgh, and they've looked much better the past 3 games...so I do have some confidence that they can get the win today. Or...maybe it's just the beer talking.  Big Grin

I've thought that too. I believe (under Marvin) their winning percentage in Pittsburgh is better than at home against them. I could be wrong though!

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 03:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I've thought that too. I believe (under Marvin) their winning percentage in Pittsburgh is better than at home against them. I could be wrong though!

Yeah, under Marvin they are 6-8 on the road...2-12 at home.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 03:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They play much better in Pittsburgh, and they've looked much better the past 3 games...so I do have some confidence that they can get the win today. Or...maybe it's just the beer talking.  Big Grin

True story

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote