Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 6th Bengals Cap Space
(04-05-2024, 08:12 PM)PDub80 Wrote: You need to listen to more of the beat writers podcasts. This was leaked out during the season last year that the Bengals had tried to trade for Aaron Donald last summer and it fell through.

Either James Rapien or PDJr talked about this on their shows.

Good to know, I am not a local so no way would I ever hear about that.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 08:12 PM)PDub80 Wrote: You need to listen to more of the beat writers podcasts. This was leaked out during the season last year that the Bengals had tried to trade for Aaron Donald last summer and it fell through.

Either James Rapien or PDJr talked about this on their shows.

That "leak" was started by a dude on Reddit and he was immediately identified as a troll. lol 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The question is who else are they going to spend money on the next 3 years outside of Chase……

The answer is no one. There is no one outside of Chase that’s earned an extension.

Maybe someone from this draft. But that’s 3 years from now. 3 years of rolling over cap and hopefully having draft picks solidify some of the nagging holes (cb, rt, rg, lg,c)

When the smoke cleared it actually exposed a perfect time to pay two receivers after all given the way the roster is set up (not having multiple probowl or foundation pieces to pay outside of Chase).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 08:31 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: That "leak" was started by a dude on Reddit and he was immediately identified as a troll. lol 

James Rapien or Paul Dehner Jr reported on it either just before or right after from an unidentified source within the org on either Locked On Bengals or what used to be Hear That Podcast Growlin. They didn't spend a ton of time on the subject because it was not something that happened and the Bengals had been rebuffed immediately, but inquiries were made by the Bengals to the Rams.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 01:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If they unload Higgin's 22 million, they would have 38 million just to clarify.

Personally, I like the idea of keeping Higgins in 2024 and the drafting Brian Thomas from LSU. He is faster version of Tee Higgins. Then use the extra cap money on a vert CB and a vet run stopping DT.

I love Jefferson, but not sure we can afford two 30 million a year WR's on our roster. That is a ton of eggs in one position group. 

I too like the Thomas pick. But they will go with the highest player on the board.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 09:41 PM)PDub80 Wrote: James Rapien or Paul Dehner Jr reported on it either just before or right after from an unidentified source within the org on either Locked On Bengals or what used to be Hear That Podcast Growlin. They didn't spend a ton of time on the subject because it was not something that happened and the Bengals had been rebuffed immediately, but inquiries were made by the Bengals to the Rams.

Those guys have zero clue. They aren't plugged in at all. All of the teams signing and "inside" information comes from national writers. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 09:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Those guys have zero clue. They aren't plugged in at all. All of the teams signing and "inside" information comes from national writers. 

Zero? It's not like these guys are just Twitterers or created their own fan pages out of nowhere (like Zim or Goodberry)....

- They are both accredited journalists with media passes/access from the both the team & NFL. Both have been on ESPN or interviewed by ESPN, Fox, & other news outlets. They are also local to the area and this is their full time job. They travel to each game, get access to Bengals media coverage, rooms, zooms, and on field reporter access.

One covers the Bengals for Sports Illustrated, the other for the Athletic. They both interview & speak to and interviecoaches, players, Lapham, other national media members, etc regularly on their podcasts & youtube channels.

So, when one of them says "I have this from a very good source within the organization" or "This wasn't leaked out last year because the Rams refused to consider it, but the Bengals called them about Aaron Donald to see what it would take to trade"... or something to that effect, it isn't just made up nonsense for clicks. These two don't do that. It's not how they view or do their jobs and never has been. Your waving of the hand type of dismissal of them as journalists close to the team is sticking your head in the sand.
Reply/Quote
The idea if trading 2 firsts for JJ is flat out crazy IMHO.

Just wait a year and sign him as a FA.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 12:46 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The idea if trading 2 firsts for JJ is flat out crazy IMHO.

Just wait a year and sign him as a FA.

I agree.

Get Chase and Burrow in his ear.

Rings.
Reply/Quote
They should have signed Teair Tart and Isaiah Simmons both have been signed over the past 24 hours.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 03:48 PM)J24 Wrote: They should have signed Teair Tart and Isaiah Simmons both have been signed over the past 24 hours.

Why? Just to say they signed players?
Simmons wouldn’t be a fit on this defense. In fact other NFL teams have already had trouble trying to find out how to best use him. He is a part time player and is pretty much a bust for where he was picked.

Tart visited but for whatever reason wasn’t a fit or wanted more than the Bengals were willing to pay so it just didn’t work out with him.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 04:06 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Why? Just to say they signed players?
Simmons wouldn’t be a fit on this defense. In fact other NFL teams have already had trouble trying to find out how to best use him. He is a part time player and is pretty much a bust for where he was picked.

Tart visited but for whatever reason wasn’t a fit or wanted more than the Bengals were willing to pay so it just didn’t work out with him.
How would Simmons not fit in this defense? A guy that can man up TEs and Spy on athletic QB is what this defense needs. Which is exactly Simmons strengths! 

Tart- we need a NT and  not having one is stupid.
J24

Reply/Quote
We're in a trust Lou and Zac scenario on defense - you have to believe they know they need a NT and you can assume we'll be taking one early in the draft. They've already had both Sweat and Smith and at least one other. I gather the line on Sweat is going to rise or fall depending on what weight he showed up at - most teams want him around 340 not 370.

Personally I'd also take a hard look at Jordan Jefferson. He has the size without the weight discipline issue and is more NFL ready than a lot of others.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 04:20 PM)J24 Wrote: How would Simmons not fit in this defense? A guy that can man up TEs and Spy on athletic QB is what this defense needs. Which is exactly Simmons strengths! 

We don’t know what happened with Tart.
There is still a lot of time before the season starts so I am sure the NT spot will be addressed before then.

They have guys like Hill that they are grooming to be the cover guy for TEs and such. See no need to bring in Simmons when they have used major draft capital on DBs over the past few drafts. They need to develop the talent they already have on the team. Like Joelist said, we have to trust that Lou has a plan for these guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 03:48 PM)J24 Wrote: They should have signed Teair Tart and Isaiah Simmons both have been signed over the past 24 hours.

Could you provide the link, I have not seen either one signed.

I see Chiefs brought back their DE and I see Simmons the LB for Giants signed. I see Ravens brought back Van Noy. 
TY
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 05:15 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: We don’t know what happened with Tart.  
There is still a lot of time before the season starts so I am sure the NT spot will be addressed before then.

They have guys like Hill that they are grooming to be the cover guy for TEs and such.  See no need to bring in Simmons when they have used major draft capital on DBs over the past few drafts.  They need to develop the talent they already have on the team.   Like Joelist said, we have to trust that Lou has a plan for these guys.
We have 4 LBers on the roster right now. What's signing one more going to hurt? Especially one with Simmons ability!
(04-06-2024, 06:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Could you provide the link, I have not seen either one signed.

I see Chiefs brought back their DE and I see Simmons the LB for Giants signed. I see Ravens brought back Van Noy. 
TY
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-dolphins-to-sign-teair-tart
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 06:47 PM)J24 Wrote: We have 4 LBers on the roster right now. What's signing one more going to hurt? Especially one with Simmons ability!
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-dolphins-to-sign-teair-tart

TY, just found Tart on 1 year to Miami on Spotrac

I still don't see former Denver Safety Justin Simmons
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 06:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: TY, just found Tart on 1 year to Miami on Spotrac

I still don't see former Denver Safety Justin Simmons

Isiah Simmons not justin simmons 
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 04:20 PM)J24 Wrote: How would Simmons not fit in this defense? A guy that can man up TEs and Spy on athletic QB is what this defense needs. Which is exactly Simmons strengths! 

Tart must have attitude problems, I heard something after he visited Cincy that he was not an option. That says something to me, let alone
the locker room blowup with the Titans last year. Wouldn't of minded Isaiah Simmons though.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 10:28 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Zero? It's not like these guys are just Twitterers or created their own fan pages out of nowhere (like Zim or Goodberry)....

- They are both accredited journalists with media passes/access from the both the team & NFL. Both have been on ESPN or interviewed by ESPN, Fox, & other news outlets. They are also local to the area and this is their full time job. They travel to each game, get access to Bengals media coverage, rooms, zooms, and on field reporter access.

One covers the Bengals for Sports Illustrated, the other for the Athletic. They both interview & speak to and interviecoaches, players, Lapham, other national media members, etc regularly on their podcasts & youtube channels.

So, when one of them says "I have this from a very good source within the organization" or "This wasn't leaked out last year because the Rams refused to consider it, but the Bengals called them about Aaron Donald to see what it would take to trade"... or something to that effect, it isn't just made up nonsense for clicks. These two don't do that. It's not how they view or do their jobs and never has been. Your waving of the hand type of dismissal of them as journalists close to the team is sticking your head in the sand.

lol Both Dehner and Rapien have said many times that the Bengals don't share with local media. Ever wonder why when news breaks, the local guys are always reporting after the national ones? 

Also,, Donald had a no-trade clause and said he wouldn't even waive it for his hometown Steelers. The point of him getting the clause was to make sure he retired a Ram. 
Reply/Quote