Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April Showers Bring Mock Drafters
What an offseason. Wow.

Let my start by saying I don't think we'll draft a LB super early. In my dream scenario, we would take a DE/LB and a C/OG with the first two picks. I just know the Bengals aren't going to value LB as a top need compared to other positions. This is my dream scenario that isn't too farfetched. 

We make one trade and it's in R1. We move down to #29 to swap #21 with JAX. JAX receives picks #21, #100 and #249. We receive picks #29 and #61. Trade value wise, we win by 31 points, but if JAX wants to hop over WR/TE hungry teams like the Giants, Patriots and or Bills to get Gesicki or a WR like Sutton or Ridley, then they will have to pay up a little. I can see them targeting Mike Gesicki with the departure of Marcedes Lewis.

#29: Isaiah Wynn, OT/OG/C, Georgia
#46: Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
#61: Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas
#77: Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech
#112: Luke Faulk, QB, Washington State
#151: Kyzir White, S, West Virginia
#158: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon
#170: Wyatt Teller, OG, Virginia Tech
#252: Justin Yoon, K, Notre Dame
#253: D.J. Reed, CB/PR, Kansas State
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I really, really like those first four selections. If it turns out that way, any other player drafted that makes the roster would be icing on the cake!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This trade down scenario with JAX makes sense, especially with NE trading away Cooks. BAL, NE, and CAR all could use a pass catcher. DAL might as well if the rumors of wanting to move on from Dez are actually true.

Being able to trade down to 29 and still get Wynn while also getting Ragnow at 61 would be amazing, but the Bengals may pull the trigger on a C instead at 29, especially if Wynn is off the board.

I also think the Bengals will draft a TE at some point (early?) given Eifert, Kroft, and Uzomah are all in contract years. The Bengals likely won't retain all of them.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I like your draft a lot.  I'd be very happy with it, but I don't think Justin Yoon, K Notre Dame, is coming out this year.  I've been wrong before, but really thought he was coming back to ND next year?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 09:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I really, really like those first four selections.  If it turns out that way, any other player drafted that makes the roster would be icing on the cake!
Thanks bud, it would be a dream draft for us definitely.
(04-04-2018, 09:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This trade down scenario with JAX makes sense, especially with NE trading away Cooks. BAL, NE, and CAR all could use a pass catcher. DAL might as well if the rumors of wanting to move on from Dez are actually true.

Being able to trade down to 29 and still get Wynn while also getting Ragnow at 61 would be amazing, but the Bengals may pull the trigger on a C instead at 29, especially if Wynn is off the board.

I also think the Bengals will draft a TE at some point (early?) given Eifert, Kroft, and Uzomah are all in contract years. The Bengals likely won't retain all of them.
Yup. I just get the feeling that Jacksonville will move up. Maybe not with us, but with someone they might.

Yeah if Wynn isn't there, which I honestly doubt he will be, but it wouldn't be too shocking.

I would love to see us take Gesicki, kid is going to tear it up in the NFL. And that is a valid point that I was unaware of with all 3 being under contract. If Gesicki is there in R1 or R2 I wouldn't be too shocked to see us take him.
(04-04-2018, 09:53 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I like your draft a lot.  I'd be very happy with it, but I don't think Justin Yoon, K Notre Dame, is coming out this year.  I've been wrong before, but really thought he was coming back to ND next year?
I'm not totally sure on Yoon. I seen him in the Kicker projection rankings for this years draft and assumed he declared. And thanks!
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Very nice Takedown! I don't think Wynn will be there, but you never know! I'd actually be happier than hell with this!
Reply/Quote
It would be a great haul - especially if we got the top 3 guys (who I don't expect to be there where you have them)
Reply/Quote
I'd be surprised if any of the the first 3 picks last as long as you have them lasting here.

But hey, if it happens, it sure would be nice!

...But I don't expect it to.
Reply/Quote
Sure would love it if it fell that way, to get Wynn, Ragnow and Vander Esch would be insane. Shocked
Reply/Quote