Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AquaMock 1.0 (Super-pre-combine)
Round 1: Reuben Foster ILB Alabama

[Image: ReubenFoster_ut_sm.JPG]

Bye Bye Rey. Put Foster next to Burfict and our LBers go from a weakness to a strength. Exceptional against the run, good against the pass, and has some incredible instincts and reaction time.

Round 2: Pat Elflein C Ohio State

[Image: 72040_h.jpg?itok=UZ2UppNz]

I'll admit this may be dreaming, as it is very unlikely he's still there with our second pick.  Really good explosiveness of the ball and good enough in pass protection to make us quickly forget about Bodine. Lack of ideal size could cause him to slip to the 2nd.

Round 3: Kai Nacua S BYU

[Image: 579c0d30e9117.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C996]

Not the fastest or most athletic guy on the field, but he has a nose for the football.  6 interceptions in back to back years. Plus he's a more than willing tackler.

Round 4: Hunter Dimick DE Utah

[Image: 1435839.jpg]

54 tackles, 14.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 7 batted passes this past year for Dimick. Great timing off the ball and displays the ability to use a variety of moves to beat the man in front of him.  Struggled with injuries in 2015, so durability may be an issue.

Round 5: Jamaal Williams RB BYU

[Image: JamaalWilliams_01-1.jpg]

Violent runner who excels in picking up yards after contact. Averaged 5.9 yards per carry with 12 TDs this year. Unproven in the pass catching department and has some commitment issues. Previously "retired" from football.

Round 6: Corn Elder CB Miami

[Image: B9315776778Z.1_20150109233845_000_GJU9K61ID.1-0.jpg]

Leader of Miami's defense who had 76 tackles 12 PDs and 1 interception as a senior. Decent in man coverage who is better suited for the slot due to his lack of size. Plus the guys name is Corn.

Round 7: Eddy Pineiro K Florida

[Image: smqeigknzqh7jdqskz2o]

Looked around and can't find anything definitive as to if he has entered the draft. He has 4 years of eligibility, but is a junior. Viral video legend after making a 77 yard FG. Dude has a strong leg. Connected on 18-22 kicks this year with two longs of 54 yards. Recently had a little run in with law enforcement for damaging some scooters. Here's a link to the 77 yarder = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykKy7dlHWo0 LOL that the title of the video says he's going to 'bama  Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 04:44 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Round 1: Reuben Foster ILB Alabama

[Image: ReubenFoster_ut_sm.JPG]

Bye Bye Rey. Put Foster next to Burfict and our LBers go from a weakness to a strength. Exceptional against the run, good against the pass, and has some incredible instincts and reaction time.

Round 2: Pat Elflein C Ohio State

[Image: 72040_h.jpg?itok=UZ2UppNz]

I'll admit this may be dreaming, as it is very unlikely he's still there with our second pick.  Really good explosiveness of the ball and good enough in pass protection to make us quickly forget about Bodine. Lack of ideal size could cause him to slip to the 2nd.

Round 3: Kai Nacua S BYU

[Image: 579c0d30e9117.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C996]

Not the fastest or most athletic guy on the field, but he has a nose for the football.  6 interceptions in back to back years. Plus he's a more than willing tackler.

Round 4: Hunter Dimick DE Utah

[Image: 1435839.jpg]

54 tackles, 14.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 7 batted passes this past year for Dimick. Great timing off the ball and displays the ability to use a variety of moves to beat the man in front of him.  Struggled with injuries in 2015, so durability may be an issue.

Round 5: Jamaal Williams RB BYU

[Image: JamaalWilliams_01-1.jpg]

Violent runner who excels in picking up yards after contact. Averaged 5.9 yards per carry with 12 TDs this year. Unproven in the pass catching department and has some commitment issues. Previously "retired" from football.

Round 6: Corn Elder CB Miami

[Image: B9315776778Z.1_20150109233845_000_GJU9K61ID.1-0.jpg]

Leader of Miami's defense who had 76 tackles 12 PDs and 1 interception as a senior. Decent in man coverage who is better suited for the slot due to his lack of size. Plus the guys name is Corn.

Round 7: Eddy Pineiro K Florida

[Image: smqeigknzqh7jdqskz2o]

Looked around and can't find anything definitive as to if he has entered the draft. He has 4 years of eligibility, but is a junior. Viral video legend after making a 77 yard FG. Dude has a strong leg. Connected on 18-22 kicks this year with two longs of 54 yards. Recently had a little run in with law enforcement for damaging some scooters. Here's a link to the 77 yarder = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykKy7dlHWo0 LOL that the title of the video says he's going to 'bama  Ninja

I like the mock, but I'd like to hear your take on FA. This mock also doesn't have any comp picks.
I don't see WR, OG, or OT addressed.
I like Foster as a Maualuga replacement in the middle.
Elflein would show a commitment to the interior.
Dimick I think is a solid DE selection if the team chooses not to address DE until Day 3. However, I think they need to go for a DE earlier.
Williams would be a solid selection in the fifth if the team chooses to wait on a stacked RB class. You mention Williams is unknown as a pass catcher, but he had 27 receptions his freshman year and 18 his sophomore year. The Cougars just did not use him as much as a receiver the past two years. I'm confident he can catch passes out of the backfield in the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote