Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aquino Benefits In Restart
The talk of sending Aquino to minors before Covid ends with a Covid restart. There will be no minors, expanded rosters and a DH.

So if there is a restart, Aquino is on the Reds on expanded rosters. The DH opens a spot also. When Aquino hits the ball, it's a Home Run. The guy is the size of big George Foster and like Foster, Aquino hits Homers.

If there is a restart, I would want Aquino who was a Home Run hitting machine in 2019. If they add a DH, and no minors, then Aquino needs to be on Reds in Covid restart, if there is one.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 01:13 PM)kevin Wrote: The talk of sending Aquino to minors before Covid ends with a Covid restart. There will be no minors, expanded rosters and a DH.

So if there is a restart, Aquino is on the Reds on expanded rosters. The DH opens a spot also. When Aquino hits the ball, it's a Home Run. The guy is the size of big George Foster and like Foster, Aquino hits Homers.

If there is a restart, I would want Aquino who was a Home Run hitting machine in 2019. If they add a DH, and no minors, then Aquino needs to be on Reds in Covid restart, if there is one.

I don’t remember Foster being a big guy. He wasn’t as thin as Eric Davis but I remember Foster being thin. Teams with good depth will probably have an advantage when they get back to baseball.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 04:17 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I don’t remember Foster being a big guy. He wasn’t as thin as Eric Davis but I remember Foster being thin. Teams with good depth will probably have an advantage when they get back to baseball.

If my memory serves Foster was kinda tall but just average build. 

But it will be interesting to see how they end up doing the rosters if and when ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 08:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If my memory serves Foster was kinda tall but just average build. 

But it will be interesting to see how they end up doing the rosters if and when ?

Curiosity was killing me, I had to look him up. He was listed at 6’1 and 180. I really thought they’d be playing games by June 1st but who knows now. The shorter the season, the more they will probably tinker with how to play it.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 10:29 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Curiosity was killing me, I had to look him up. He was listed at 6’1 and 180.  I really thought they’d be playing games by June 1st but who knows now. The shorter the season, the more they will probably tinker with how to play it.

I was listening to some talking head about a week ago and he was saying he looked for an opening around 4th of July. What that will look like is still hard to say ? If it even happens ?

I would guess they would expand the rosters a bit but who knows ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Foster's power came from his awesome sideburns.

Actually, after I moved to Alaska in '76 and wasn't surrounded by Reds fans anymore, George Foster was one of the few Reds to get respect from fans of other teams. Most of my Little League team mates were blown away by Foster's forearms, obviously pre-steroid era.
[Image: 52b5df38cd660d40a2cb62ace492c7f9.jpg]
[Image: 1fafdd47c3c15063b31dc1b216cb322d.jpg]
Most of them compared his forearms to the recently retired Hank Aaron. "Foster has those Hank Aaron forearms" was often overheard in my friend's houses when the Reds were on the game of the week. The Mariners, Sonics and Seahawks were our "local" teams so they liked watching good baseball once in awhile.
[Image: Bryant4-Large.jpg]
Eugenio Suarez has those Popeye like forearms
[Image: GenoSuarezPhoto_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571262553]
And here he was as Detroit Shortstop
[Image: 20140316_ter_sv7_330.0.jpg]
Legs have a lot to do with your power but added with strong forearms puts it over the top.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2020, 10:57 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Foster's power came from his awesome sideburns.

Actually, after I moved to Alaska in '76 and wasn't surrounded by Reds fans anymore, George Foster was one of the few Reds to get respect from fans of other teams. Most of my Little League team mates were blown away by Foster's forearms, obviously pre-steroid era.
[Image: 52b5df38cd660d40a2cb62ace492c7f9.jpg]
[Image: 1fafdd47c3c15063b31dc1b216cb322d.jpg]
Most of them compared his forearms to the recently retired Hank Aaron. "Foster has those Hank Aaron forearms" was often overheard in my friend's houses when the Reds were on the game of the week. The Mariners, Sonics and Seahawks were our "local" teams so they liked watching good baseball once in awhile.
[Image: Bryant4-Large.jpg]
Eugenio Suarez has those Popeye like forearms
[Image: GenoSuarezPhoto_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571262553]
And here he was as Detroit Shortstop
[Image: 20140316_ter_sv7_330.0.jpg]
Legs have a lot to do with your power but added with strong forearms puts it over the top.
Nice post!
Reply/Quote