Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aquino's gotta go
Punisher? More like kitty cat. He did make a good throw from the outfield but his bat is weak. Put him on the bench or send him down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 11:54 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Punisher? More like kitty cat. He did make a good throw from the outfield but his bat is weak. Put him on the bench or send him down.

They are still holding onto the guy that had the HR streak years ago. I don't think he's a big league starter.
Reply/Quote
I agree. Unfortunately he's about the only backup OF that can capably play all 3 OF positions fairly well. He might be the best fielding OF on the team. That is the only reason he's still around.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 10:15 AM)samhain Wrote: I agree.  Unfortunately he's about the only backup OF that can capably play all 3 OF positions fairly well.  He might be the best fielding OF on the team.  That is the only reason he's still around.

Maybe they need to institute a designated fielder rule. He wouldn't bat. Lol. 
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 10:15 AM)samhain Wrote: I agree.  Unfortunately he's about the only backup OF that can capably play all 3 OF positions fairly well.  He might be the best fielding OF on the team.  That is the only reason he's still around.

Akiyama was signed to help the defense after Billy Hamilton was difficult to replace and Lorenzen was the best defensive outfielder they had with Winker, Dietrich, Schebler and Ervin. That was the year they signed Castellanos to more or less replace Puig in right because they knew Aquino wasn't the answer even after his amazing month. Now, two full seasons later, Aquino is supposed to be the answer? He should have been involved in either the Sonny Gray, Tucker Barnhardt or Winker/Suarez trades, all in the AL.

Put him 7th or 8th in the lineup if he must play, but keep looking for a replacement outfielder/s because I'm thinking Fraley isn't the answer either. 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 10:10 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: They are still holding onto the guy that had the HR streak years ago. I don't think he's a big league starter.

Since September 4 of 2019 he has hit .182.

He is not a big league hitter.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 02:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since September 4 of 2019 he has hit .182.

He is not a big league hitter.

So far this season he's batting .059. Please stop the bleeding Bell.
Reply/Quote