Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Bengals fans better than Browns fans?
There are two categories of Ohio football fans of whom I truly understand their pain in 2016:

1. Bengals fans who grew up in the 1968-1991 Paul Brown era.

2. Browns fans who grew up in the 1946-1963 Paul Brown era.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Both deserve an award for sticking with the crappy teams they claim
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 12:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There are two categories of Ohio football fans of whom I truly understand their pain in 2016:

What about Bengals fan from 1991-present? Those types have never even witnessed a playoff win.

(12-31-2016, 01:28 PM)Housh Wrote: Both deserve an award for sticking with the crappy teams they claim

This.

Option A: Had their team taken away and replaced with a crappy expansion franchise. Meanwhile, their old team goes on to win 2 super bowls. Their old coach wins 4.

Option B: Stuck with worst ownership in any pro sport. Last playoff win was 1990. Teased with success only to be embarrassed in record setting fashion.

Who has it worse? Over the long haul, I'd say the Bengals. Who are the better fans? Assuming we're talking about loyalty/attendance, I'd say it's about the same. Browns fans have a great reputation, but their stadium looks as empty as any losing team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:24 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The Brownies had a horrible season with only one win so far and probably a loss to the Steelers this weekend. The Bengals are 5-9-1 and could get win 6 this weekend. Both stadiums looked empty the last time I saw the games on TV. My point is are we any better than the Brown fans regarding our team? Seems a lot of negative comments here and bailing on the Bengals. I still wear my Bengals gear on game day and typically watch them on TV. Hue is still laughing at press conferences with only one win. Yes, Marvin has been here too long and we get him another year. So lets support the Bengals on Sunday and during the off season.

Hey man, this is getting ridiculous. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 02:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What about Bengals fan from 1991-present? Those types have never even witnessed a playoff win.

1988-present myself.

Its been rough. Glimpse of the SB as a kid and nothing since.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 03:38 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: I always hate on prime time games how they talk like the Steeler fan base travels so well.  BS.  They are all local.  I live in TX and that is by far the team that non-Cowboy fans root for the most, including the Texans!  

I agree. That drives me nuts too. Instead of "travelling well", the announcers should say "bandwagon well".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 12:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There are two categories of Ohio football fans of whom I truly understand their pain in 2016:

Yep. I am  both of these.
Reply/Quote