3.33%
2 3.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Browns Better Than Bengals?
here is a different opinion.

If Browns had Dalton this season they would have a better record than Bengals with any of our other QBs or either of the Browns QBs.

With the Browns it all turns on their QB play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 08:30 AM)BengalD Wrote: Ditto - I don't recall OBJ signing with Cleveland.  Maybe he means the off field issue waiting to happen Gordon.

There were 2 jrs in what I said

Odell Beckham jr JR = Jarvis Landry
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 09:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: Hue will be fired in October after starting 1-5 or 0-6. Todd Haley will be promoted to interim head coach and will come in and turn the reigns over to Mayfield in what will be described as seeing what he has in the cupboard.

Very well could be ?

Hue's gonna be on the hottest seat in the NFL coaching ranks ! The Browns F.O./owner aren't gonna let to many L's pile up before making a move.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's even shorter than that, 1-3, 0-4 depending of course on how they look and how bad they're getting beat.
Reply/Quote
Time will tell if they are or not, at least this year.

Last year, the Browns would have won at least three games (including the PBS game with the Bengals) if they had guys who could catch the ball.
Reply/Quote
If they win twice as many games as last season, then I'll consider them a threat.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
The only thing that the Browns have proven over the past decade is they can get the first overall draft pick only to do didly squat with them. A team might look great on paper, but championships aren't won on paper..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Everyone is talking about all the hot draft picks the browns are brining in this year, but in the four drafts BEFORE they went 0-16 last year ('14-17) they had EIGHT first round picks, four second round picks, EIGHT third round picks, and EIGHT fourth round picks.

Everyone is talking about the free agents they signed this year, but in the four years prior to going 0-16 last year they signed

Karlos Daansby 4 years $25 million
Andrew Hawkins 4 years $14 million
Donte Whitner 4 years $26 million
CB Tramon Williams 3 year $21 million
Dwayne Bowe 2 yr $13 million
RG3  2yr $15 million
Zeitler 5 yr $60 million
Kenny Britt 4 yr $33 million
OL J.C. Tretter 3 yr $17 million
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone is talking about all the hot draft picks the browns are brining in this year, but in the four drafts BEFORE they went 0-16 last year ('14-17) they had EIGHT first round picks, four second round picks, EIGHT third round picks, and EIGHT fourth round picks.

Everyone is talking about the free agents they signed this year, but in the four years prior to going 0-16 last year they signed

Karlos Daansby 4 years $25 million
Andrew Hawkins 4 years $14 million
Donte Whitner 4 years $26 million
CB Tramon Williams 3 year $21 million
Dwayne Bowe 2 yr $13 million
RG3  2yr $15 million
Zeitler 5 yr $60 million
Kenny Britt 4 yr $33 million
OL J.C. Tretter 3 yr $17 million

Lots of people talk about Hue throwing the season to make sure they had good draft position. This is why I don't buy it. They've had good draft position for years. I don't know why the Browns can't put a winning team together, but it's been a team-wide problem for years. Stability probably has something to do with that, but that's just a guess.

Either way, I don't think a ton of more high draft picks makes them any different than the Browns we always see.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 08:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Jags example is a good one, but they were very much built on the defensive side of the ball, and then they got Fournette.  I loved that pick for them.  Gave their team an attitude. 

They also got a huge benefit from their division, as Andrew Luck was out injured, and the Titans lost Deshawn Watson.  The Titans were a solid football team.

I just re-watched their playoff game against the steelers and I can't get over how aggressive their offense stayed when they were up 3 TDs. 
Good thing, as the steelers were able to bear-hug every defensive player and Jax couldn't stop them at all.  45-42.  What a game.

Lossing Watson must have been very hard on titans. Especially since he plays for Houston. Good thing they have mariota as backup.
Reply/Quote
Very good points presented. I will definitely say the Browns will improve this year from last year. Heck, 1 win is an improvement. Heard Bell might sit out a while for the Steelers due to a contract dispute. That leaves the Bengals with a good chance to win the division.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Doesn’t bell do that every year. Doesn’t really seem relavent considering it’s never mattered before.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 10:22 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: There were 2 jrs in what I said

Odell Beckham jr JR = Jarvis Landry

I stand corrected - had no idea OBJ Jr Jr was the nickname for Landry.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 12:39 PM)Benton Wrote: Lots of people talk about Hue throwing the season to make sure they had good draft position. This is why I don't buy it. They've had good draft position for years. I don't know why the Browns can't put a winning team together, but it's been a team-wide problem for years. Stability probably has something to do with that, but that's just a guess.

Either way, I don't think a ton of more high draft picks makes them any different than the Browns we always see.

That's probably a good guess. They seem to take a project at QB and throw him to the wolves, but as soon as he screws up, he's out of the game and they throw the next project in there.
Reply/Quote
Marvin really needs to figure out how to beat the Steelers occasionally because the Browns are about past being automatic wins for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 04:19 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Marvin really needs to figure out how to beat the Steelers occasionally because the Browns are about past being automatic wins for the Bengals.

I think the Bengals are past being automatic losses against the Steelers, too, though. We had a couple years of splitting with them, and the last four or five games have been within a score... and about a half dozen completely crappy calls in each game... of us winning.
Reply/Quote
Each year, after the draft, the Browns seem to improve their team at least on paper.  But we are talking about a franchise that has missed on several draft picks over the years, especially at the QB position.  The Browns are are something like 4-49 since 2014 and are 1-31 under their HC.  

Bengals hold a 7 game winning streak since 2014.  The Bengals have been a perennial playoff team but has performed poorly in the playoffs. Nevertheless, last year the team somehow managed to go 7-9 with a horrendous offensive line (and offensive line coach).  A 7-9 record was considered a disappointing  season by Cincinnati Bengals standards, but a similar season record by Cleveland Browns would be considered a breath-taking turnaround.  Bengals are the better team and it is not even close.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I find it interesting the talking heads consider any team to jump a team that won 7 games while the team needing the jump won 0, count them 0 games in 2017. Of course the Browns should improve and win 3 or 4 games which is great progress, but playoffs or close to it, come on man....

I also find it interesting the Steeler's lost a stud when Shazier went down, have not replaced him yet they get a pass and high praise. I think the Steeler's could be in trouble of making playoffs. Ben injury would do them in because I don't see a dominant Steeler's defense. They also love to lead with helmets so I can see some ejections with the new rule (even though Mitchell is gone).

The Bengals improved their OL, yet get no credit. They also have 1st round pick who did nothing in 2017 who could surprise and Eifert back for now (if he stays healthy, look out). Green had a bad year for Green and will likely rebound.

Back to Bell, I can see him not putting his body on the line for 350 to 400 touches in 2018, why would he as he knows he has no guarantees for 2019, so look for him to do some coasting and not going all out.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 10:34 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Who will have the better record this year? I was watching ESPN the other day and they think the Browns have a better chance to make the playoffs this year and a better overall team. I totally disagree and think the Bengals will win more games. The Browns have shored up some components, but the Bengals still have a unit that plays winning football. It is all about the W and I don't see the Browns winning more than 5 games. I just hope we continue to win the Battle of Ohio.

ESPN lmao! Hilarious

The Stains have a lot of talented players as they should but they couldn't win more then 1 damn game over the last
few years why we won 13 with a way shittier O-line. We are way better, especially after the Glenn and Price additions.
Reply/Quote
The browns had 2 of the top 4 picks this year and still screwed it up. The consensus 2 best players in the draft were Barkley and Chubb....and the browns didnt take either one.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 03:09 PM)BengalD Wrote: I stand corrected - had no idea OBJ Jr Jr was the nickname for Landry.

Lol I don’t think it’s an official nickname, just what he has always been in my eyes.

Who was that other OBJ jr we had who was a special teamer? He was gonna be a star! Cody Core has taken his spot as the great potential nobody. Jerome Simpson filled that role the best, along with Bernard Scott. I’m way off topic lol sorry
Reply/Quote