Browns
3.33%
2 3.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Browns Better Than Bengals?
(07-16-2018, 04:33 PM)Benton Wrote: I think the Bengals are past being automatic losses against the Steelers, too, though. We had a couple years of splitting with them, and the last four or five games have been within a score... and about a half dozen completely crappy calls in each game... of us winning.

I guess that the Bengals are as close to catching up with the Steelers as the Browns are to catching the Bengals. The big difference is that the Steelers seem to be sweethearts to the league and the refs.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 11:10 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Not yet but they’re trending up faster then we are but we’ve seen this before until they put Ws on the field I’m going with my bengals then again even if the browns were superior I’d be biased towards my bengals who dey

Just saw something that said the Browns could be a landing spot for Le'Veon Bell next season (one of three or four spots), so that would be interesting to see if he could still produce in that dumpster fire and it would be interesting to see if that could get them over the hump of being a complete joke and win them a few games.
Reply/Quote
The ONLY WAY the browns become anything except the Browns (note the difference capitalization) is if the two teams merge and become the Clevlanati Browngals. Even then it would be better if they were called the Cinciland Bengounds.. And then they MIGHT win 4 games and call it the Ohio championship.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm taking bets. Will Mayfield's career be ended this preseason due to knee injury or shoulder injury?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 02:26 AM)Shady Wrote: I'm taking bets. Will Mayfield's career be ended this preseason due to knee injury or shoulder injury?

You forgot to mention head injury. But I would go with knee or some type leg injury.

Reply/Quote
I just wish somebody would end ratlisbergers career in shitsburg!
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 08:12 AM)BengalD Wrote: I just wish somebody would end ratlisbergers career in shitsburg!

Unfortunately, he’s indestructible. Motorcycle crashes, rape accusations, Vontaze Burfict, nothing can take him out. He’s like a cockroach.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 08:12 AM)BengalD Wrote: I just wish somebody would end ratlisbergers career in shitsburg!

[Image: 20171024pdSteelers01.jpg]
Mellow
Seriously, though, I don't wish any ill will on Ben. I hope nobody else does. Sure he whines, sure he's self-absorbed and sure he's got multiple allegations of violence against women, but he's still a person. 
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 04:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's a bit early for bold predictions like that, but I do love that sort of optimism and enthusiasm.

This year does seem to have a 1981 feel to it, with the roster and coaching turnover and all.  While Cordy Glenn has a ton of proving to do, before I can have confidence in him like an Anthony Munoz, Andrew Whitworth, or even Levi Jones, he at least represents some stability returning to the position.  
12-4
id rather be wrong high,
than wrong low....

if the O-line does well....
the skys the limit.... :drool:
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 06:36 PM)Benton Wrote: [Image: 20171024pdSteelers01.jpg]
Mellow
Seriously, though, I don't wish any ill will on Ben. I hope nobody else does. Sure he whines, sure he's self-absorbed and sure he's got multiple allegations of violence against women, but he's still a person. 
baby Ben is slowing down....I doubt he'll start every game this season...& when he retires they should stumble....& Bells out after this year....So I think next year, 2019,  they may be in the AFC cellar... Hilarious

w/ Lamar Jackson starting next year in Balt,  I see the Ravens as the #1 problem in the future....& don't overlook the Browns...at some point, they have to get better..
Dalton should have 4-5 great years left...same w/ A.J.
so I like our future the next 4-5 years
we have to keep a solid O-line....that is a must....I hope we've learned that....DRAFT WISELY...
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 06:36 PM)Benton Wrote: [Image: 20171024pdSteelers01.jpg]
Mellow

Allegedly.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 08:28 PM)Steve Wrote: 12-4
id rather be wrong high,
than wrong low....

if the O-line does well....
the skys the limit.... :drool:

I admire your optimism, I truly do.  It kind of reminds me of when I was young, and the Bengals actually went to a couple Super Bowls.  There are some signs that remind me of that 1981 season, I'm just keeping my expectations tempered until I see them in a real game or two.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 09:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I admire your optimism, I truly do. It kind of reminds me of when I was young, and the Bengals actually went to a couple Super Bowls.  There are some signs that remind me of that 1981 season, I'm just keeping my expectations tempered until I see them in a real game or two.

The Bengals went to the Super Bowl in the 1950's ? I didn't know ?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 08:53 PM)McC Wrote: Allegedly.

I was going to say a terrible person, but not even being a person is probably worse lol
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 10:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unfortunately, he’s indestructible. Motorcycle crashes, rape accusations, Vontaze Burfict, nothing can take him out. He’s like a cockroach.

Is that why he hates soap so much? 
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 10:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well the Browns do a lot of stupid shit so it’s certainly possible. Not a good way to start your future franchise QB off though. It would make the most sense for him to sit behind Taylor for at least a year.

Jared Goff sat until week 9, but that was with one of the most worthless coaches in the NFL, Jeff Fisher.

Jameis Winston, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Sam Bradford, and Matt Stafford all started right away.  

Five of the six started week 1.  The sixth started right away with a new head coach and had success.  

Carson Wentz went #2 overall, started right away and was very good.  And he came from North Dakota State.

If the Browns decide to be "stupid", they would be in good company.  
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 01:28 PM)motoarch Wrote: Lossing Watson must have been very hard on titans.  Especially since he plays for Houston.  Good thing they have mariota as backup.

Ok, I think you know I meant the Texans.  And it is loosing.  
Reply/Quote
Hail Naw!
Reply/Quote
D
(07-18-2018, 07:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Jared Goff sat until week 9, but that was with one of the most worthless coaches in the NFL, Jeff Fisher.

Jameis Winston, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Sam Bradford, and Matt Stafford all started right away.  

Five of the six started week 1.  The sixth started right away with a new head coach and had success.  

Carson Wentz went #2 overall, started right away and was very good.  And he came from North Dakota State.

If the Browns decide to be "stupid", they would be in good company.  

And who were the other QB’s available to those teams at the time? Doubt many of them had good options.

If you have a very serviceable and experienced QB for your future franchise QB to learn from you utilize him. Especially when your team won 0 games the previous season. The Browns are not going anywhere this year, there’s no reason to rush Mayfield and throw him to the wolves.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 09:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Bengals went to the Super Bowl in the 1950's ? I didn't know ?  Ninja

Oh that's gonna' sting.  I didn't know Sunset was THAT old.   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote