Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Colts Clearing cap space to sign Jackson
Colts just did a contract restructure to add cap space for 2023. This is not abnormal, but they don't have cap space issues in 2023.

Colts need a QB, are they clearing space to offer Ravens a trade or going to offer FA Jackson a contract?

Maybe nothing to this, but seems strange them restructuring unless they anticipate the need for more cap space in 2023.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 12:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Colts just did a contract restructure to add cap space for 2023. This is not abnormal, but they don't have cap space issues in 2023.

Colts need a QB, are they clearing space to offer Ravens a trade or going to offer FA Jackson a contract?

Maybe nothing to this, but seems strange them restructuring unless they anticipate the need for more cap space in 2023.

We will see, the Rats sure seem to be in a weird spot with Lamar. If I was them I would trade him and add a QB that can fit in that 
Offense. All this drama sucks, reminds me of our times with Carson except the Rats went out of their way to accommodate Lamar.

Built the whole Offense around him to the WR's dismay in a passing league.

The real question is who is the OC of the Colts and does their Offense fit what Lamar brings? Haven't paid attention to the Colts.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 12:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Colts just did a contract restructure to add cap space for 2023. This is not abnormal, but they don't have cap space issues in 2023.

Wouldn't make an offer to/on Lamar till after the draft.  That way they keep their #4 pick and the Ravens don't get a draft pick until 2024, which should be MUCH lower.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 06:37 PM)Stewy Wrote: Wouldn't make an offer to/on Lamar till after the draft.  That way they keep their #4 pick and the Ravens don't get a draft pick until 2024, which should be MUCH lower.

I agree with waiting until after draft to make Lamar an offer, but I am not sure a team other than the Ravens can make him an offer after the draft. But if so, I agree why give then a 4th pick in round 1.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Irsay could just be Cheap?

But the Lamar move would make sense. Overnight they’d probably have the best running attack in the league
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 07:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with waiting until after draft to make Lamar an offer, but I am not sure a team other than the Ravens can make him an offer after the draft. But if so, I agree why give then a 4th pick in round 1.

As long as he doesn't sign the franchise tag, a team can make him an offer.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 07:20 PM)Housh Wrote: Irsay could just be Cheap?

But the Lamar move would make sense. Overnight they’d probably have the best running attack in the league

?

They turned $5m of the guy's base salary into a $5m signing bonus. So money that would have been spread out in 18 weekly installments between Sept-Jan got paid in full right now. That's more money out of the owner's pocket because he can't make interest on the $5m between now and the end of the year as he normally could have. That's restructuring. You are thinking about a pay cut, maybe? Because there's nothing cheap about restructuring deals, it requires millions of dollars on hand to be spent then that could have been spent later.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 06:37 PM)Stewy Wrote: Wouldn't make an offer to/on Lamar till after the draft.  That way they keep their #4 pick and the Ravens don't get a draft pick until 2024, which should be MUCH lower.

Don’t you think that the Ravens if they don’t get the situation settled with Lamar before the draft they keep him?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 11:38 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Don’t you think that the Ravens if they don’t get the situation settled with Lamar before the draft they keep him?

I think the Ravens want to keep Lamar, but only on tag for 32+ million. Lamar could drag this out by refusing to sign the tag until 1st week of the season or later.

Ravens could rescind the tag offer making Jackson a true free agent. But I don't think they want to do that either.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 11:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the Ravens want to keep Lamar, but only on tag for 32+ million. Lamar could drag this out by refusing to sign the tag until 1st week of the season or later.

Ravens could rescind the tag offer making Jackson a true free agent. But I don't think they want to do that either.

I think the Ravens are in a world of hurt. Lamar doesn’t want to be there and they can’t get what they want for him. They’d like to get things settled and can’t.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

The OBJ singing was so weird. To me, that means they’re not trading Jackson. If they trade him, they’re rebuilding, why sign OBJ to a 1 year 15M deal?

I think Jackson plays 2 more years in Baltimore and moves on. He needs to stay healthy to become marketable again.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 12:40 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think the Ravens are in a world of hurt. Lamar doesn’t want to be there and they can’t get what they want for him. They’d like to get things settled and can’t.

They've got too good of a roster to rebuild, but not good enough of a QB to really go anywhere, but good enough of a QB that they could easily do worse with the next guy. Lol... it is indeed a tough situation. I just know I sure wouldn't feel comfortable committing to Lamar for 4-5 years with no way out that would also ensure the rest of the roster would get a little worse.

(04-15-2023, 03:11 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: The OBJ singing was so weird. To me, that means they’re not trading Jackson. If they trade him, they’re rebuilding, why sign OBJ to a 1 year 15M deal?

I think Jackson plays 2 more years in Baltimore and moves on. He needs to stay healthy to become marketable again.

Ravens had to get a WR regardless if Lamar is there or not. OBJ signing prevents them from having to use their 1st round pick on a WR. They still might, but at least now they don't have to.

They're not rebuilding even if they trade him because they still have a great OL, great TE, great running game, great defense, and great kicker. A starting QB duo of Huntley and Bridgewater still probably make the playoffs with the Ravens. Are they as good as Lamar? No, but I don't think any of them are taking them to the SB.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 11:38 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Don’t you think that the Ravens if they don’t get the situation settled with Lamar before the draft they keep him?

If the Colts offer Lamar, Watson money then no, I do not see the Ravens keeping him.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 07:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: If the Colts offer Lamar, Watson money then no, I do not see the Ravens keeping him.

Oh for sure he’s gone for Watson money and guarantees

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 07:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: If the Colts offer Lamar, Watson money then no, I do not see the Ravens keeping him.

If the Colts offer Watson money to Lamar, I am laughing my ass off at how stupid they are until I suddenly get pissed off because I realize that means it wouldn't be just the Browns being the Browns anymore and now Burrow needs it for his extension too.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 02:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We will see, the Rats sure seem to be in a weird spot with Lamar. If I was them I would trade him and add a QB that can fit in that 
Offense. All this drama sucks, reminds me of our times with Carson except the Rats went out of their way to accommodate Lamar.

Built the whole Offense around him to the WR's dismay in a passing league.

The real question is who is the OC of the Colts and does their Offense fit what Lamar brings? Haven't paid attention to the Colts.

IS roman still available as a consultant?
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 10:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If the Colts offer Watson money to Lamar, I am laughing my ass off at how stupid they are until I suddenly get pissed off because I realize that means it wouldn't be just the Browns being the Browns anymore and now Burrow needs it for his extension too.

ill tell you the pat MacAfee show will be interesting if it does happen lol
Reply/Quote