Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids?
(02-23-2018, 03:16 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: As a parent who has helped developed an individualized plan for my daughter in conjunction with her teachers and administrators . . . and witnessed the results, I can tell you your assumptions are false.

My daughter has had some wonderful teachers. You do all of them a disservice with your stereotypes that teachers teach to labels, not individuals.
I'm not saying they all do it and I'm not saying the ones that do do it do it to every student, but it happens, which I have witnessed and have had people tell me about first-hand experiences.
(02-23-2018, 02:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This just is not true.

Both of my daughters are labled as "gifted" but their plans are different.  I am sure they do the same with different children labeled as autistic.  if they had one set plan for each labeled then they would not have had us come in as parents and develop a plan for each child separately.  Instead they would have just said "Here is the plan for every child labeled as gifted"

You really have no idea what you are talking about.  They do not have just one plan for every child labeled as autistic.  All experts agree that there is a HUGE range of autism.  There is no way possible they could have just one plan they use for every autistic child.

You really have no idea what you're talking about, and you rarely do, but you type intelligently and use a lot of rhetoric, so people buy into it, without realizing that most of it is just empty rhetoric.

It is completely different with gifted students than it is with autistic children or children with other disabilities because it is much easier for a teacher to just challenge gifted students than it is to customize things for children with developmental disabilities or learning disabilities like autism.  

I have my examples of children with autism, but you just say "it must be true because they treat me gifted children differently," which is both hilarious and sad that you even think you can compare the situations, but, like I said, it's typical with you.
Again, I'm not saying they have just one plan, but you make it up just like you do with everything and it's all part of your empty rhetoric.  What I am saying is that some children are treated a different way because they're labeled a certain way and things aren't always customer to fit their needs, or they're flat-out held back.  
Funny how you ignore grampahol's post when he has first-hand knowledge because it doesn't fit your agenda which, again, is typical of you.
Reply/Quote