Poll: Predictions For The Jags Vs Steelers Game
Jags Win Big
Jags Win A Close One
Steelers Win A Close One
Steelers Win Big
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Are The Steelers Setting Themselves Up For Failure?
(01-13-2018, 12:32 PM)Vlad Wrote: That moment when bungle fans think they're so smart.

How would "you" be used incorrectly there wiz kid?

"Ewe" ? Those are what bengal fans sleep with.

It's "how old are you".
Not your or you're .

How old are you btw?

If there was any way to use it incorrectly, balls most definitely would have found it.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 02:38 PM)MrRager Wrote: They are on the DECLINE and they KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If 13-3 is ‘on the decline’ then hopefully they hit rock bottom in the next 3 weeks.
Reply/Quote
Go Jax !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 04:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Go Jax !

Go Cards
Go Jax

Im confused.....  Hmm
Reply/Quote
Wasn't that Mitchell quote from weeks ago? Don't see what that has to do with this week's game.

(01-13-2018, 02:38 PM)MrRager Wrote: They are on the DECLINE and they KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. "slow and old". Mellow

(01-13-2018, 05:21 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Go Cards
Go Jax

Im confused.....  Hmm

Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 12:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: The wisdom (or lack thereof) of his comments won't be evident until the games are played.  There is no clear pattern on this type of thing.  Sometimes the team with the bragging player wins and sometimes it loses.  And the reason for that unpredictability is that there are a thousand other factors in play.  Heck, what the teams have for breakfast tomorrow could potentially have a bigger impact than this.  

NO PATTERN of Mike Mitchell making stupid comments?!

From not too long ago, he claimed that rules making the game safer "ain't football," but him jumping over the line is football?  Seems like a pattern to me.

(01-13-2018, 12:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Meh,it is what it is.  What happened the last time you got all excited about the prospect of Bell's potential departure affecting the Steelers' play, Brad?  I believe it was right before the first time they played the Bengals this year.  Do you remember the result?  And by the way, wasn’t Martavis Bryant’s trade demand thrown in the mix then too?  

You're in the group of beliefs that "it will all magically work out because we're the Steelers!"

You're like most Steelers fans, so I don't blame you for being delusional  ThumbsUp
(01-13-2018, 12:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: He'll be fine.  If nothing else, his presence will open things up for Bryant and Smith-Schuster.  
Not if he's not on his game.

We'll see, though.

(01-13-2018, 12:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: It hasn't even been in the back of mine.  If it didn't affect the team much the first time you brought it up months ago, why would it now? He's done more than enough since then to prove that game was a fluke.  You're reaching even further than usual here.  
Are you a player now?  Does his play have an impact on you?  I'd have to go back and look, but I'm fairly certain I said that it will be in the back of the players' minds.

Delusional Steelers fans think that they're part of the team  ThumbsUp

That's not an attack on you because it's just how Steelers fans are.

(01-13-2018, 12:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: None of this matters nearly as much as you think it does.  The team that prepares and executes better tomorrow will win. And the stuff you've listed here is WAAAAAAY down on the list of things that will affect that.  
You don't think any of that will affect how they prepare and what's in their heads?

Hilarious

Steelers fans make me feel so much better because they make it obvious that having a traumatic brain injury isn't so bad  ThumbsUp

(01-13-2018, 12:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: For what it's worth, put me down for 'Steelers win close'.

You could have just voted and put it down yourself, but ok.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 07:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: NO PATTERN of Mike Mitchell making stupid comments?!

From not too long ago, he claimed that rules making the game safer "ain't football," but him jumping over the line is football?  Seems like a pattern to me.

Missed my point entirely. That comment wasn't specifically about Mitchell at all. I said there was no pattern of predictions like his (from anybody) showing whether such comments like that cause a team to win or lose. I even elaborated the point. But I guess that's when you decided it would be more fun to respond to your imagined version of me instead of the actual me.

(01-13-2018, 07:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're in the group of beliefs that "it will all magically work out because we're the Steelers!"

You're like most Steelers fans, so I don't blame you for being delusional  ThumbsUp

I pointed out an example of something that actually happened, and you refer to it as a belief in 'magic'. Hmmm...

(01-13-2018, 07:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not if he's not on his game.

We'll see, though.

He missed the last two games and still led the league in receiving by almost 100 yards. Theyre likely to game plan lots of double coverage for him.

(01-13-2018, 07:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Are you a player now?  Does his play have an impact on you?  I'd have to go back and look, but I'm fairly certain I said that it will be in the back of the players' minds.

Delusional Steelers fans think that they're part of the team  ThumbsUp

That's not an attack on you because it's just how Steelers fans are.

It wasn't Ben's play you said would have an impact. It was his comments about retirement. in any case, that's beside the he point. I made a point way more important to my argument: in the immediate aftermath of the Jacksonville game and Ben's comments about it, the Steelers went on a tear, demonstrating that they weren't very bothered by either the poor play or the retirement talk. So I ask again: If it didn't affect them then, what makes you think it will now?

Once again, I point to actual real life evidence and your response to that evidence is to call me delusional. Keep diggin' that hole, buddy.

(01-13-2018, 07:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You don't think any of that will affect how they prepare and what's in their heads?

Hilarious

Steelers fans make me feel so much better because they make it obvious that having a traumatic brain injury isn't so bad  ThumbsUp

You don't need our help. You've demonstrated twice in this post alone that you are quite oblivious to reality when you want to be. Actually I guess it was three times, if you count your first comment, where you responded to an argument I didn't make.

(01-13-2018, 07:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You could have just voted and put it down yourself, but ok.

I do what I want. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 09:09 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Missed my point entirely.  That comment wasn't specifically about Mitchell at all.  I said there was no pattern of predictions like his (from anybody) showing whether such comments like that cause a team to win or lose.  I even elaborated the point.  But I guess that's when  you decided it would be more fun to respond to your imagined version of me instead of the actual me.  

There's no pattern of it because no one else is stupid enough to do it, especially not in the playoffs and to a team they already lost to!

However, leave it to your boy Mitchell and the Steelers!

My version of you is reality and is very, very, very much on point.

(01-13-2018, 09:09 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I pointed out an example of something that actually happened, and you refer to it as a belief in 'magic'.  Hmmm...  

What I referred to as "magic" was your delusional outlook that it will all magically work out.  Read it again, although Steelers fans struggle with comprehension, among other things.

(01-13-2018, 09:09 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: He missed the last two games and still led the league in receiving by almost 100 yards.  Theyre likely to game plan lots of double coverage for him.  
How is that relevant in any way to him not being back to his old self?  You said it would still open things up for Ju-Ju and Bryant, but how is that if he's not as much of a threat?

(01-13-2018, 09:09 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: It wasn't Ben's play you said would have an impact. It was his comments about retirement.  in any case, that's beside the he point.  I made a point way more important to my argument: in the immediate aftermath of the Jacksonville game and Ben's comments about it, the Steelers went on a tear, demonstrating that they weren't very bothered by either the poor play or the retirement talk.  So I ask again: If it didn't affect them then, what makes you think it will now?  
Maybe they played harder to try and send him out on a winning note or to try to get him to stay.  

You think Bret Favre's talk or retirement after every offseason (it seemed like) for his last few seasons had an impact on his team?

(01-13-2018, 09:09 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Once again, I point to actual real life evidence and your response to that evidence is to call me delusional.  Keep diggin' that hole, buddy.  
Wow.  Steelers fans are so bad with comprehension.

His comments will have an impact on his team, just like it did with Favre.

(01-13-2018, 09:09 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You don't need our help.  You've demonstrated twice in this post alone that you are quite oblivious to reality when you want to be.  Actually I guess it was three times, if you count your first comment, where you responded to an argument I didn't make.  
Like I said, Steelers fans are horrible with comprehension, and I understand it all even with a traumatic brain injury.

(01-13-2018, 09:09 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I do what I want.  ThumbsUp

We know because you think you're entitled to everything, just like all Steelers fans I've ever known of, which isn't surprising considering you franchise QB, who you're defending and admiring his play, thinks he's entitled to a woman's body and her innocence, so it's not real surprising.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 10:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: There's no pattern of it because no one else is stupid enough to do it, especially not in the playoffs and to a team they already lost to!

However, leave it to your boy Mitchell and the Steelers!

My version of you is reality and is very, very, very much on point.

What I referred to as "magic" was your delusional outlook that it will all magically work out.  Read it again, although Steelers fans struggle with comprehension, among other things.

How is that relevant in any way to him not being back to his old self?  You said it would still open things up for Ju-Ju and Bryant, but how is that if he's not as much of a threat?

Maybe they played harder to try and send him out on a winning note or to try to get him to stay.  

You think Bret Favre's talk or retirement after every offseason (it seemed like) for his last few seasons had an impact on his team?

Wow.  Steelers fans are so bad with comprehension.

His comments will have an impact on his team, just like it did with Favre.

Like I said, Steelers fans are horrible with comprehension, and I understand it all even with a traumatic brain injury.

We know because you think you're entitled to everything, just like all Steelers fans I've ever known of, which isn't surprising considering you franchise QB, who you're defending and admiring his play, thinks he's entitled to a woman's body and her innocence, so it's not real surprising.

You are a piece of work, man. LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 11:20 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You are a piece of work, man. LOL

You say that like it’s an insult when, in reality, anyone with half a working brain can see that you just have no logical response to any of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 11:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You say that like it’s an insult when, in reality, anyone with half a working brain can see that you just have no logical response to any of it.

People with a full working brain disagree, but since you apparently belong to the first category, there's no explaining that to you ...
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 11:43 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: People with a full working brain disagree, but since you apparently belong to the first category, there's no explaining that to you ...

Hilarious

Hilarious that you can't respond to any of it and suddenly you speak for other people.

Like I said, you can't rationalize with or explain anything logical to Steelers fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 01:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious

Hilarious that you can't respond to any of it and suddenly you speak for other people.

Like I said, you can't rationalize with or explain anything logical to Steelers fans.

Well, not when you only have half a working brain, anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 01:44 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Well, not when you only have half a working brain, anyway.

It works enough to see through your bullshit and realize that you don't have anything of any value to post.

Which is cute how you managed to deflect away from the fact that you have nothing to refute anything in my last post and that your team is just smoke and mirrors.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 01:44 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Well, not when you only have half a working brain, anyway.

You have been sucked into the Brad vortex; the never ending round and round death spiral.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 01:52 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: It works enough to see through your bullshit and realize that you don't have anything of any value to post.

Which is cute how you managed to deflect away from the fact that you have nothing to refute anything in my last post and that your team is just smoke and mirrors.

I gave you plenty the first few times around and you misunderstood some of it, ignored the rest and then concluded I was the delusional one. This is why I usually only go a few rounds with you. I know when to stop.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 06:45 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You have been sucked into the Brad vortex; the never ending round and round death spiral.  Hilarious

I know what I'm doing. I like to jump into his little pool of madness now and again, but I know enough not to venture too far into the deep end.  

I do it more to frustrate the intelligent Bengal fans who are embarrassed by him.  You can't take him too seriously, but when you pretend to in short spurts, it puts him on display for a little while.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:00 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I gave you plenty the first few times around and you misunderstood some of it, ignored the rest and then concluded I was the delusional one. This is why I usually only go a few rounds with you. I know when to stop.

You didn’t give me any that made any sense and turbo just pretended like I’m the one who doesn’t comprehend logic and just keep going until you get to points that you can’t respond to and then just act like it’s all nonsense.

Let I said, it’s typical of you.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 10:03 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You didn’t give me any that made any sense and turbo just pretended like I’m the one who doesn’t comprehend logic and just keep going until you get to points that you can’t respond to and then just act like it’s all nonsense.

Likewise.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 10:03 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You didn’t give me any that made any sense and turbo just pretended like I’m the one who doesn’t comprehend logic and just keep going until you get to points that you can’t respond to and then just act like it’s all nonsense.

Well! Buddy, it looks like you're going to get the result you wanted.

I still don't think the factors you posted played a huge role (except for maybe Mitchell's trash talking, which seems to have bolstered the Jags).

But the end result certainly doesn't help my case, so I won't make a big deal of it.

Enjoy the Schadenfreude, my friend!
Reply/Quote