Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are There Any Great Tight Ends In This Draft
With Chase and Higgins for 2024, plus some other WR's who looked good last year, Bengals can look to Tight End. Bengals had Super Bowl talent at Tight End in 2021 and 2022, but not last year in 2023. I point out that the Super Bowl teams had Kittle and Kelce. Most Super Bowl teams have a top Tight End. I was looking at a year Raiders won, and how good Dave Casper was at Tight End. The Bengals had a top Tight End in 1981 and 1988 Super Bowl trips.

The thing about a top Tight End is that defenses can't cheat as much covering the sideline screens or blitzing the quarterback, or they will get burned by those passes to the tight end. Plus a good tight end like a Kittle or Kelce can do wonders on run blocking

So, I'm just asking. You people who follow the draft, are there any Top Quality Tight Ends that Bengals could get early. I know they can get an average or not so good tight end mid to late round as always. Are there any tight ends in this draft that could be Pro Bowl types ? If so, who are they ?

I'm not saying TE has to be the #1 pick, maybe there are other needs. I just thought Bengals were weaker at TE last year, and is there a rare talent in The Draft.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Of course Brock Bowers with his hands, speed, route running and blocking could definitely be a great TE in the NFL, but my favorite
besides him is Ben Sinnott TE Kansas State who I think could be great. Theo Johnson has great size and athleticism.

My vote for the next great TE is Ben Sinnott though. Hope the Bengals draft him.
Reply/Quote
Bowers is far and away the #1 TE in he draft. After that, this is definitely a weak draft class compared to last year's. 

I don't think Bowers is available to us at #18. So you're looking at Ja'Tavion Sanders from Texas who is a good receiving TE. Ben Sinnot from K-State who is good at receiving and blocking. Jaheim Bell from Florida State is another guy who is more in the receiving role. After that, you're looking at guys who will most likely play behind Sample and Hudson for the season and see more action on ST.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 01:02 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Bowers is far and away the #1 TE in he draft. After that, this is definitely a weak draft class compared to last year's. 

I don't think Bowers is available to us at #18. So you're looking at Ja'Tavion Sanders from Texas who is a good receiving TE. Ben Sinnot from K-State who is good at receiving and blocking. Jaheim Bell from Florida State is another guy who is more in the receiving role. After that, you're looking at guys who will most likely play behind Sample and Hudson for the season and see more action on ST.

I think you might be over-valuing Sample/Hudson. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 01:02 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Bowers is far and away the #1 TE in he draft. After that, this is definitely a weak draft class compared to last year's. 

Theo Johnson is far better than Bell and you never even mentioned him. But overall this class and next years TE class is gonna be pretty weak.
Reply/Quote

I think Bowers will be caching alot of TDs next yr from Herbert . That said: Im hoping we sign Herberts TE: Everett and draft a TE in top 4 rounds.    
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 01:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think you might be over-valuing Sample/Hudson. 

I'm just looking at them the way the coaches most likely are. I think the Bengals could easily upgrade at TE, but they seem so committed to Sample. I expect them to bring back Hudson and probably start him. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote