Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.14 Average
Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane?
(06-27-2021, 03:11 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: How many people have you conversed with to make the claim that a lot of people say that?

Biden's obviously not the one making the decisions.  Someone else is pulling the strings.

His wife has to pull him away at times to prevent him from being asked questions.
Name one thing I've shit on Biden with that has had no substance.

Hilarious

A lot of people are saying it.  Some of the best smartest people are saying it.  I don't know, but they're saying it.  Biden is up big everywhere.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have to be honest, sometimes it seems like a lot of you pile on the OP as a way to avoid some of the content he shares.

This thread reads very similarly to the one he shared that had Biden commenting about the little girl sitting there and saying she looked like she was going on 19, or whatever.

I'm not pointing this out to say that you can't disagree with the OP, or you can't take exception to the title of the post or his takeaway from the video. But you would at least think one of you would comment on the video itself and state the obvious. And since none of you will I guess I will, this behavior by Bident is strange as hell.

I mean, c'mon, guys. This is weird as shit. Just as was his comments about the young girl. Saying as much won't turn you into a Republican, or out you as a Trump guy, I swear. Biden is a treasure trove of strange, comedic, and creepy behavior. And before we get into whataboutism, so was Trump. I just don't understand why there's so much silence surrouding behavior that is so clearly odd.

This man is lobbing softballs to late night TV and the SNL's of the world right now. This video here is A+ sketch material. And how that video of him falling down the steps 3 times didn't make it's rounds all of over the place is beyond me.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 08:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: A lot of people are saying it.  Some of the best smartest people are saying it.  I don't know, but they're saying it.  Biden is up big everywhere.  

Biden is HUGE.  He's got the best people around him. 
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 11:53 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I have to be honest, sometimes it seems like a lot of you pile on the OP as a way to avoid some of the content he shares.  

This thread reads very similarly to the one he shared that had Biden commenting about the little girl sitting there and saying she looked like she was going on 19, or whatever.

I'm not pointing this out to say that you can't disagree with the OP, or you can't take exception to the title of the post or his takeaway from the video.  But you would at least think one of you would comment on the video itself and state the obvious.  And since none of you will I guess I will, this behavior by Bident is strange as hell.

I mean, c'mon, guys.  This is weird as shit.  Just as was his comments about the young girl.  Saying as much won't turn you into a Republican, or out you as a Trump guy, I swear.  Biden is a treasure trove of strange, comedic, and creepy behavior.  And before we get into whataboutism, so was Trump.  I just don't understand why there's so much silence surrouding behavior that is so clearly odd.

This man is lobbing softballs to late night TV and the SNL's of the world right now.  This video here is A+ sketch material.  And how that video of him falling down the steps 3 times didn't make it's rounds all of over the place is beyond me.

What is there, exactly, to be avoided here--other than talk about policy and policy results? 

Is there a scandal here meriting voter concern? 

When I see videos like the one above, two metrics come into play.  One is how I actually respond to it--which in this case is to presume that Joe's attempts to be "spontaneous" don't work out well. I don't think this was a gaff, just an attempt to be witty. But is there something I should be truly concerned about?  I am not "creeped out." I don't see how this connects to massaging a woman's shoulders or the comments about the girl.

The second metric is how Fox/RWM responds. "Creepy" is not a very clear standard. It's all about affect. So I am looking for efforts to "hype the creep" in hopes of transforming Sleepy Joe into "Creepy Joe." I.e. efforts to artificially create a "concern" about Biden, so people will be looking for "creepy," connecting the attempt at a comedic whisper to massaging a woman's shoulders and who knows what else to come. That happened to Hillary to a great degree, as people here and elsewhere began repeating Fox cues about her "coldness" and "sense of entitlement" and "phoniness," which people then began to "see" in all her tv appearances--not least during the Benghazi hearings, when Hillary never "apologized" to the families of the victims of a tragedy for which she was not responsible.

In short, I am very careful about invitations to be offended, to be way more offended, than I would normally be by slightly different or odd behavior. Am I deploying a double standard if I don't get as upset about this as I did about Trump mimicking a handicapped person? 

If Trump were to win back the WH in 2024, would the whisper incident become like Obama's tan suit, invoked to illustrate the difference between a Biden scandal and a Trump scandal?  

[Image: 1024px-P082814PS-0607_%2815043139586%29.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 11:53 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I have to be honest, sometimes it seems like a lot of you pile on the OP as a way to avoid some of the content he shares.  

Sure, be honest. But piling on this particular OP has nothing to do with deflecting or avoiding his content. I for one, and I guess most people, know that Biden is weird at times. There's no issue with pointing out his occasional weirdness.

It's just tough to swallow from people who at the same time found zero issue with Trump over his four years of constant embarrassment (amongst other things), from poeple who considered Trump pretty much flawless and every critizism of him as being deranged, mentally ill, insane and whatnot. The same people now call Biden mentally gone and demented and scold everyone who does not agree with this hot take.

OP is not about truth or objectivity. OP is about claiming that the only correct way to be and look at things is detesting Biden, liking Trump and being a Republican, and whoever does not is a complete idiot.

Independents of your shade seem to try to stay in the middle and therefore try to share their critizisms equally, but at times I feel this makes you create a glaring double standard. Eg. in this small example calling Biden insane is not that big of a deal, calling all Biden voters driven by emotion (and therefore blind and dumb, OP made that clear many times) also is not a big deal, but critizising that way of expressing oneself is.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 12:30 PM)Dill Wrote: What is there, exactly, to be avoided here--other than talk about policy and policy results?

That he's behaving in an extremely strange way.  That this video, when coupled with any number of other clips he's provided in the last 6 months, really calls into question whether or not he's going to be capable of finishing out his term.

I don't know how many of you have seen or heard Biden speak in the past, especially going back to his time prior to becoming VP, but this isn't as simple as having a quirky personality.  The man has some legitimate mental issues that are becoming more and more apparent.  I don't want to sit here and play doctor, and diagnose him with dementia or alzheimers, but something is clearly going on with him and it's not at all good.

And all of the odd whispering aside, his actual response here is  BS.  That's really beside my main point, but I'll expand on that if anyone would like me too. 
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 12:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: 1.) Sure, be honest. But piling on this particular OP has nothing to do with deflecting or avoiding his content. I for one, and I guess most people, know that Biden is weird at times. There's no issue with pointing out his occasional weirdness.

2.) It's just tough to swallow from people who at the same time found zero issue with Trump over his four years of constant embarrassment (amongst other things), from poeple who considered Trump pretty much flawless and every critizism of him as being deranged, mentally ill, insane and whatnot. The same people now call Biden mentally gone and demented and scold everyone who does not agree with this hot take.

1.)  OP's opinions aside, I would have thought this video alone would have generated some discussion and reaction.  Yet it hasn't, like at all.  Not in this thread or any other.  While they're may be no issue in pointing it out, it seems like no one really does.

I can't speak for OP, nor do I know what he meant by "we".  But I do agree that is seems a lot of people avoid this stuff.  From the late night shows, to the sketch shows, to large pockets of social media and the internet; it appears making fun of Biden, or ridiculing him is off limits.  That's quite the departure from the approach taken with his predecessor.

2.) I totally get that.  Trump obviously provided a wealth of material for people to pounce on.  I don't think either of these two turds should be off limits.  I hope for nothing more than returning to bi-partisan humor and concern when it's appropriate. (Probably wishful thinking at his point)
Reply/Quote
Are we going to keep ignoring how pathetic it is to get all riled up by a guy 'looking for new words' on facebook?
Reply/Quote
The OP continuously acts like we worship Biden, which we do not. He also continues to declare Biden insane or mentally deficient when the OP doesn't have the authority to declare "happy birthday."

Stage whispering is dumb, but it isn't likely to cause someone to lament not voting for Trump.  The OP is hyperbolic, dismissive of the mental acuity of peoole who disagree with him and eager to claim he's being persecuted.  Taking his threads seriously is a fools errand.  I honestly expect even the joke replies to dry up much like the sincere ones already have.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 12:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: Independents of your shade seem to try to stay in the middle and therefore try to share their critizisms equally, but at times I feel this makes you create a glaring double standard. Eg. in this small example calling Biden insane is not that big of a deal, calling all Biden voters driven by emotion (and therefore blind and dumb, OP made that clear many times) also is not a big deal, but critizising that way of expressing oneself is.

Maybe I didn't do the best job of explaining myself in my post.  I didn't mean to imply that people can't or shouldn't be able to respond to statements like this.  Nowhere did I say it wasn't a big deal.

My take was that within that post, and what really sparked it, was a video.  At some point I would have thought the video itself would be discussed.  It really wasn't.  That's the big part that I thought got avoided.

I mean, you can do both, can you not?  One can respond to Brad and his statements and also comment on the video, right?  (Ex:  I thought the video was... (insert opinion).  And Brad, I think your comments... (insert opinion). 

The first part of this just seemed to be lost from the conversation, that was my point.  Maybe I'll go back and read through the thread.  Maybe I'm mistaken.  It's just such an astonishingly strange video that it seems it's worthy of more reaction.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 10:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think some people don’t like the wins for the working class he was quietly bragging about so they are trying to say he is crazy for the way he said it. They  probably got more people to pay attention to what he actually said which would have the opposite effect of the right wing main stream media push I saw all day yesterday trying to say he is insane for changing the tone of his voice to emphasize a point.
Whispering was changing the tone of his voice?  

He's not saying much of anything.......  he's just being weird.

Did you ever see any behavior like this when he was vice president?  Even in his debates to win the nomination for the Democrats, did you ever see anything like this where you just look at him and wonder if anyone is home?

How can you look at his past behavior compared to his current behavior and not conclude that his mental faculties aren't on a decline?
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 01:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The OP continuously acts like we worship Biden, which we do not. He also continues to declare Biden insane or mentally deficient when the OP doesn't have the authority to declare "happy birthday."

Stage whispering is dumb, but it isn't likely to cause someone to lament not voting for Trump.  The OP is hyperbolic, dismissive of the mental acuity of peoole who disagree with him and eager to claim he's being persecuted.  Taking his threads seriously is a fools errand.  I honestly expect even the joke replies to dry up much like the sincere ones already have.

You make personal attacks because you have nothing to counter my points.

You admit that the stage whispering was dumb but you just dismiss it as................?

I never just claim I'm being persecuted unless people just throw out insults with nothing to counter my argument, which is what was/is happening in this thread, and then people like you throw out that I'm playing the victim like that somehow counters any of the points that I make.

You don't worship Biden, but you continue to ignore his mental decline and act like he's fit to be the POTUS.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 01:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Whispering was changing the tone of his voice?  

He's not saying much of anything.......  he's just being weird.

Did you ever see any behavior like this when he was vice president?  Even in his debates to win the nomination for the Democrats, did you ever see anything like this where you just look at him and wonder if anyone is home?

How can you look at his past behavior compared to his current behavior and not conclude that his mental faculties aren't on a decline?

Fine, Biden is mentally ill....let's make Kamala Harris the president and look down the barrel of 3.5-11.5 years of a country-destroying democrat with a functioning brain and an actual ability to enact a county-destroying agenda being in power.  Great idea.  
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 01:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You make personal attacks because you have nothing to counter my points.

You admit that the stage whispering was dumb but you just dismiss it as................?

I never just claim I'm being persecuted unless people just throw out insults with nothing to counter my argument, which is what was/is happening in this thread, and then people like you throw out that I'm playing the victim like that somehow counters any of the points that I make.

You don't worship Biden, but you continue to ignore his mental decline and act like he's fit to be the POTUS.

My perception of Biden's ability to be the president is irrelevant, much like your perception that Trump is mentally fit to be president.  And I personally attack you because you counter thought out and researched posts by smarter posters than I as mere attacks upon you, so I just figured I'd just cut to the chase.  I thought liberals were the ones who were conditioned to see themselves as helpless victims.

At any rate, if you actually took in logical information and reasoned/researched responses to your posts you wouldn't have driven away the logical posters and be stuck arguing over sarcastic bs with shitposters like me.  You reap what you sow.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 01:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.)  OP's opinions aside, I would have thought this video alone would have generated some discussion and reaction.  Yet it hasn't, like at all.  Not in this thread or any other.  While they're may be no issue in pointing it out, it seems like no one really does.

Hm. For sure, I can see what I'd call Biden's occasional weirdness, and I guess most people can, Biden's not called a gaffe machine over nothing. I don't think it comes even close to what his predecessor used to babble, but that might be a matter of perspective.
One major reason why I'm more relaxed when it comes to Biden quirks is that Biden, aside of my subjective take on him being way less moronic than Trump was, is that he does not thrive on spreading hatred, does not act autocratic, does not see himself as some kind of God-king and the only person that matters. Even if Biden were to wane mentally (I don't believe he is, I attribute much of his weirdness to him being a former stutterer), he would still rely on a staff and a cabinet that aren't mere sycophants and boot-lickers, like Trump used to have around him.

And one sure can discuss all weird things Biden does and says, that is perfectly legit and I would join every debate with you and most people on this board surrounding that topic. But not in the atmosphere and the environment the OP creates time and again, where Biden's insanity, and the insanity of all Biden voters, is already proven by them not being Trump republicans.

(06-28-2021, 01:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I can't speak for OP, nor do I know what he meant by "we".  But I do agree that is seems a lot of people avoid this stuff.  From the late night shows, to the sketch shows, to large pockets of social media and the internet; it appears making fun of Biden, or ridiculing him is off limits.  That's quite the departure from the approach taken with his predecessor.

Agreed. That Biden often is treated with velvet gloves, I see that too.

(06-28-2021, 01:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 2.) I totally get that.  Trump obviously provided a wealth of material for people to pounce on.  I don't think either of these two turds should be off limits.  I hope for nothing more than returning to bi-partisan humor and concern when it's appropriate. (Probably wishful thinking at his point)

Yeah sure, it is not off limits. There comes the unavoidable part where one compares Biden and Trump though, and at this point I and many others just can't get around Trump being way way worse in pretty much every aspect, including saying dumb stuff. Eg to your little example, I wouldn't know if stumbling on stairs or walking around with toilet paper on one's shoe is weirder; I myself stumbled on stairs as well though, that can happen and does not really speak to Biden's insanity.

As for the video and people not commenting on it: It is a bit weird, but then again, I don't find it spectacularly weird or wrong. He tried to make a point in a not so conventional way, maybe even not in a particularly effective way. I don't think it's a sign of dementia or insanity though and so I feel it's not a big deal really.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 01:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That he's behaving in an extremely strange way.  That this video, when coupled with any number of other clips he's provided in the last 6 months, really calls into question whether or not he's going to be capable of finishing out his term.

I don't know how many of you have seen or heard Biden speak in the past, especially going back to his time prior to becoming VP, but this isn't as simple as having a quirky personality.  The man has some legitimate mental issues that are becoming more and more apparent.  I don't want to sit here and play doctor, and diagnose him with dementia or alzheimers, but something is clearly going on with him and it's not at all good.

And all of the odd whispering aside, his actual response here is  BS.  That's really beside my main point, but I'll expand on that if anyone would like me too. 

Hey, I am going to agree with you here--up to a point.

I have followed Biden for decades, going back to his first run at the presidency, which was tanked by plagiarism. 

As someone who wants Biden to succeed, I do cringe when I see him shift to "improvise" mode before the cameras. And that is exactly what he was doing with the "whisper" ploy.

The guy is in his mid-70s. I expect some diminishment of his cognitive abilities. That is certainly a concern, because I don't think Kamala is ready to step in yet. But he is much less concerning in that regard than the last president. I don't see Biden aides hiding documents from him that they don't want him to sign. 

But you are right that if there is steady degeneration, we could reach a point in a year or two when executive dysfunction sets in--inability to understand/keep track of issues motivates people around the president to "fill in the power vacuum," leading to an extraordinary level of infighting, turnover, and leaks, which plagued the last administration and the last year's of Reagan's final term.  It's possible. 

I don't know whether these "issues" are in fact becoming more and more apparent or RW commentators simply don't have much else to focus on. 

If you want to expand on why his response is BS, I'd happy to hear that. "Pay them more." No? 
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 02:33 PM)Dill Wrote: Hey, I am going to agree with you here--up to a point.

I have followed Biden for decades, going back to his first run at the presidency, which was tanked by plagiarism. 

As someone who wants Biden to succeed, I do cringe when I see him shift to "improvise" mode before the cameras. And that is exactly what he was doing with the "whisper" ploy.

The guy is in his mid-70s. I expect some diminishment of his cognitive abilities. That is certainly a concern, because I don't think Kamala is ready to step in yet. But he is much less concerning in that regard than the last president. I don't see Biden aides hiding documents from him that they don't want him to sign. 

But you are right that if there is steady degeneration, we could reach a point in a year or two when executive dysfunction sets in--inability to understand/keep track of issues motivates people around the president to "fill in the power vacuum," leading to an extraordinary level of infighting, turnover, and leaks, which plagued the last administration and the last year's of Reagan's final term.  It's possible. 

I don't know whether these "issues" are in fact becoming more and more apparent or RW commentators simply don't have much else to focus on. 

If you want to expand on why his response is BS, I'd happy to hear that. "Pay them more." No? 

78 isn't exactly mid-70s, but, in terms of his cognitive decline, I do wonder when, sometime in the next few years, his issues become worse and he's just all-out forgetting things and unable to think like a functioning person, if all the people defending him will say "oh, that just came on suddenly.... there were no signs of it or any way to foresee it."

I've thought about how it will go on this board when it happens because it seems inevitable. 

Will people admit that he was never mentally stable enough to be elected or will they just deflect like many in this thread have done?
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 02:33 PM)Dill Wrote: If you want to expand on why his response is BS, I'd happy to hear that. "Pay them more." No? 

I'll try to break to down in a few reasons, where it's more digestable to read...

1.) I do not like his use "I" in his response.  ("I got them more money")

This wasn't something he passed on his own, nor is it something he worked up in his lonesome.  There had been negotiations going on for months, and they had already been some level of agreement that more funds were needed.  This took the work of a tremendous amount of people, occuring on both sides, and it took a lot of time before he was even in office.

Fwiw, this one of the many reasons I didn't like Trump either.  I don't dig the "I did", "Because of me", "I, I, I" patting on the back.  Not only do I not find it presidential, it's not even factually correct in this case.

2.) This is a continuation of the above.  What's lost in what Joe Biden did or didn't do, is that stimulus money had already been spent (twice) prior to his term.  The extra unemployment payments had been in place for around 7 or 8 months.  So it's not like he created these ideas out of thin air, they were already in place.  He (really they) simply extended it.

3.)  I find is response of "pay them more" so increiblely offensive.  It's so insensitive to those that aren't Walmart, or Kroger, or McDonalds, or Target, or any number of huge companies that can manage to make it that simple.

We're coming off of a pandemic, where small businesses have been decimated.  Many are struggling just to keep their doors open, to no real fault of their own.  And you expect at this time, of all times, to be an appropriate time for them to absorb huge increases in labor costs.

What I'm talking about here is your local mom and pop hardware store, your local music store, your family owned restaraunt.  People that are teetering on the edge of going under.  It's not so simple as them to "just pay them more".  They can hardly pay them as it is.

Fwiw, one of my best friends is in a terrible situation right now and I'd be happy to share his story as an example.  Him and his wife managed a local venue that specialized in weddings and does live music a couple days a week for about a decade.  They bought that business in Novemeber of 2019.  When I tell you they're hurting, I mean it.  They're all but screwed at this point.  To tell someone like that the answer to their current staffing issues is to take on 20-50%+ increases in labor is downright cruel.

4.) The idea of just paying more isn't even working.  There's all sorts of places that are offering way more in pay than they used to and they still can't fill these positions.  Kings Island here in town is offering like $16 bucks an hour for what used to be a $8-10 job and they can't still can't get properly staffed. 

There's hundreds upon hundreds of examples like this.  How much do they need to pay them exactly?  $20 an hours?  $25?

5.) I'm not pointing any of this out to assign blame, and to clain Biden created this mess simply by extending benefits.  This had been breweing a long time before.  But it's still a serious issue, and one that is much more deserving than the response he gave.

He attempted to provide no actual solution or explanation, and he showed zero sympathy.  IMHO, he basically spit in the faces of a lot of people who doing everything they can to make all this work, to the point of being more than generous,and still struggling to staff their business.  It's a complex problem that requires a more complex response, and it certainly would be nice if it featured some empathy as well.

tldr; I thought his comments were self-centered, intenionally simplistic in order to be dismissive of real issues, and incredibly insensitive. 
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 03:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Will people admit that he was never mentally stable enough to be elected or will they just deflect like many in this thread have done?

The past 4 years have given them the template for how to deny and deflect, at least.  

On a more serious note, Trump supporters who abandoned ship on him can claim they either didn't want Hillary to win and/or they wanted conservative SC judges appointed.  If/when Biden's cheese completely slips off his cracker people who voted for him can say that they just didn't want Trump elected, they wanted the left-wing agenda pushed, and/or they trust Kamala Harris to take over.

No one is going to say "Oh crap, Biden is a vegetable...I wish I voted for Trump."  So I wouldn't hold my breath on the liberal catharsis you think is coming.  Same with liberals who keep thinking Trump and his family are going to jail...don't hold your breath.

Let me try this...honest question...who would you most want as president right now?
1. Biden
2. Harris
3. Hillary
4. some liberal wildcard...how about Oprah
5.  EDIT - can't forget Bernie...let's put Bernie as an option
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 01:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How can you look at his past behavior compared to his current behavior and not conclude that his mental faculties aren't on a decline?

Reply/Quote