Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are We Moving Away From Two-TE Sets?
(07-18-2015, 04:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Case-in-point: show the evidence that's in the Smack forum that Fred didn't say what I said he did.  It's not that hard.  It's not like you're flying to Egypt and exploring ancient Pyramids to find some mystery because it's two clicks away.

As I said before:  You are incapable of seeing the answers if they don't line up with your thinking.
I will not waste my time posting link after link.  You will never see what everyone else can see.  
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 05:03 PM)Harmening Wrote: As I said before:  You are incapable of seeing the answers if they don't line up with your thinking.
I will not waste my time posting link after link.  You will never see what everyone else can see.  

No one has even tried to explain that!  Fred even pretty much admitted he lied!!

Two examples that you have no explanation for:

Fred stated that carbon dating on the Shroud proved it to be fake, which is false, so please explain how that could even be justified!

Fred stated that I said that chemotherapy doesn't exist, which is false, then, when I called him out on it, he said that he wasn't sure if I knew it existed (which was his sarcastic comment which he used to avoid admitting that he posted the first comment).

I will HAPPILY admit that I'm wrong if you can explain those, but you're using this "I'm not going to waste my time" excuse when it would literally take you two minutes.

You're a proven child who can't engage in an adult discussion.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 08:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're a proven child who can't engage in an adult discussion.

You have yet to engage in an adult discussion.   If you were an adult, all of this crap that you spew would have been dropped a LONG time ago.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 08:41 PM)Harmening Wrote: You have yet to engage in an adult discussion.   If you were an adult, all of this crap that you spew would have been dropped a LONG time ago.

Again, I give examples and you deflect from answering because you're a child.

You act like I'm just "spewing crap" because it's easier than actually trying to refute it, which you can't do.

That's the act of a child.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 06:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Again, I give examples and you deflect from answering because you're a child.

You act like I'm just "spewing crap" because it's easier than actually trying to refute it, which you can't do.

That's the act of a child.
As I said before:  You are incapable of seeing the answers if they don't line up with your thinking.

Everything you have thrown out there has been refuted.  You just refuse to see it, when everyone else does.

Now get a life, Sparky.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 01:24 AM)J24 Wrote: I am kind a of worried about our TE situation this season because we have 2 rookies and a 3rd year player who missed all of last season at that position. So I would think we would see less two TEs on the field because of the lack of experience there.

I get this, but I think the Bengals need to get Kroft and Uzomah some in-game experience throughout the season.  It seems that the Bengals often stick with one guy at a position and then have to throw in a completely inexperienced player when the starter goes down.  They need to rotate these guys in and develop them. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 10:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  then have to throw in a completely inexperienced player when the starter goes down. 

I was thinking the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 08:33 AM)Harmening Wrote: As I said before:  You are incapable of seeing the answers if they don't line up with your thinking.

Everything you have thrown out there has been refuted.  You just refuse to see it, when everyone else does.

Now get a life, Sparky.

None of it has been refuted!  

I stated how he tried to refute it and couldn't!

It's three clicks away, so you'd have no problem posting the link if it had been refuted!  

Stop being a child and a coward and back-up what you're posting!

You're so much like Fred it's a joke!

I love how you also think you can speak for everyone!  Ignore that because I know you'll just try to argue that instead of addressing the above, so stop being a coward and post the links that are three clicks away.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 01:57 PM)Harmening Wrote: I was thinking the same thing.

We have seen it too many times before, and I hate seeing a starter wear down as the season progresses because there has been no rotation.  And I am not trying to be funny when I say I want AJ Green to watch some snaps from the sidelines.  Put in MLJ with Alford going vertical and have two TEs.  Don't turn our D-line in to a four man patty-cake contestant in the playoffs.  Have them breathing fire!  You wouldn't have to have them on the sidelines for the entire game, but rotate in fresh players and get the most out of all the men dressed for the game. 
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 06:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: We have seen it too many times before, and I hate seeing a starter wear down as the season progresses because there has been no rotation.  And I am not trying to be funny when I say I want AJ Green to watch some snaps from the sidelines.  Put in MLJ with Alford going vertical and have two TEs.  Don't turn our D-line in to a four man patty-cake contestant in the playoffs.  Have them breathing fire!  You wouldn't have to have them on the sidelines for the entire game, but rotate in fresh players and get the most out of all the men dressed for the game. 

Yes.  I would love to see a good rotation, keeping the players fresh and invigorated.  Now, if they seem like they are getting in a real groove out there, by all means leave them in.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 10:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I get this, but I think the Bengals need to get Kroft and Uzomah some in-game experience throughout the season.  It seems that the Bengals often stick with one guy at a position and then have to throw in a completely inexperienced player when the starter goes down.  They need to rotate these guys in and develop them. 

Yeah, and besides Hewitt, Hayes has been downright terrible with his TE's IMO.

Orson Charles was a very talented pass catching TE in college and we tried to switch him to H-back
and that backfired big time as we all know. I just don't have faith in Hayes developing TE's well after
all we have seen. That is the main reason why i think it is stupid to just think a rookie can replace a
player of Gresham's stature.

I like Kroft and Uzomah too, i just don't like our TE coach.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 07:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, and besides Hewitt, Hayes has been downright terrible with his TE's IMO.

Orson Charles was a very talented pass catching TE in college and we tried to switch him to H-back
and that backfired big time as we all know. I just don't have faith in Hayes developing TE's well after
all we have seen. That is the main reason why i think it is stupid to just think a rookie can replace a

To be fair, Gresham improved and became more physical over the years, but he never even came close to living up to his draft pick or his potential.

He was never really a hard-nosed, clutch player.

As someone who wanted him more than anything in that draft, it kills me that we passed on Gronk, the murderer, Graham, Dickson, and Pitta (Dickson and Pitta weren't too special, but the first three kill me).
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 07:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, and besides Hewitt, Hayes has been downright terrible with his TE's IMO.

I don't know enough about Hayes to speak intelligently, but the guys that I do know on the inside say they love him.  Regardless, I put more of this on the shoulders of Hue Jackson.  It is his offense and he needs to use the weapons accordingly.  It seemed from the very small sample size of week 1 last year that Eifert was going to be a big part of the gameplan....and it was working.  :angry:  

Hue also needs to find a way to get Burkhead more involved.  I about fell out of my chair when I read the comments from the Bengals about how impressed they were with Burkhead's ability in the slot when he was Wes Welker for the scout team.  Did they not realize that when they drafted him?  He had the fastest short shuttle in the entire draft!  Welker isn't a burner, but he can stop and pivot on a dime and so can Burkhead.  This is somewhat remarkable given the guy's size.

This is going to sound harsh, but I am tired of the likes of Sanu, Tate, some useless blocking TE, etc. being "in the pattern" only to get zero separation.  IF Burkhead can get open, he needs to be out there for more snaps.  I am not saying Sanu should never play, but he has to be attacking the opposition's third or fourth best defender.  I love the guy, but he really struggles to generate separation. 
Reply/Quote
Simply, no. You'll see two tight ends. Now, are you talking "exclusively" seeing two tight ends all the time? Well, that's different. Hewitt matters - and they love him. So you'll see him in there. I think the "fullback" is an experiment because Hewitt isn't that...but they like him. So seeing Wilder get a look-see there makes sense. Even the UDFA running back. Burkhead proved he has some interesting abilities in that playoff game - hence him lining up at WR in OTAs. Jackson is creative, without question, so there may be less two tight-end sets ... but I wouldn't just say the Bengals are ditching that formation. Heck, if Kroft and/or Uzomah really grow through camp and prove they can block and run routes, you may not see a change at all.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 08:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: To be fair, Gresham improved and became more physical over the years, but he never even came close to living up to his draft pick or his potential.

He was never really a hard-nosed, clutch player.

As someone who wanted him more than anything in that draft, it kills me that we passed on Gronk, the murderer, Graham, Dickson, and Pitta (Dickson and Pitta weren't too special, but the first three kill me).
Gresham was a first round pick so i cannot give Hayes too much credit for developing him.

Yeah, Gronk or Graham were major misses for lots of teams, not just us. But it all depends on our needs at the time.
(07-21-2015, 10:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't know enough about Hayes to speak intelligently, but the guys that I do know on the inside say they love him.  Regardless, I put more of this on the shoulders of Hue Jackson.  It is his offense and he needs to use the weapons accordingly.  It seemed from the very small sample size of week 1 last year that Eifert was going to be a big part of the gameplan....and it was working.  :angry:  

Hue also needs to find a way to get Burkhead more involved.  I about fell out of my chair when I read the comments from the Bengals about how impressed they were with Burkhead's ability in the slot when he was Wes Welker for the scout team.  Did they not realize that when they drafted him?  He had the fastest short shuttle in the entire draft!  Welker isn't a burner, but he can stop and pivot on a dime and so can Burkhead.  This is somewhat remarkable given the guy's size.

This is going to sound harsh, but I am tired of the likes of Sanu, Tate, some useless blocking TE, etc. being "in the pattern" only to get zero separation.  IF Burkhead can get open, he needs to be out there for more snaps.  I am not saying Sanu should never play, but he has to be attacking the opposition's third or fourth best defender.  I love the guy, but he really struggles to generate separation. 

True on Hue, he needs to use his weapons in a better way. I think Burkhead and maybe even the rookie Super Mario Alford
could really help us in getting seperation. Denarius Moore is a fast guy too. I think Sanu just got worn out last year cause he
was looking really good early in the season.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Gresham was a first round pick so i cannot give Hayes too much credit for developing him.

Yeah, Gronk or Graham were major misses for lots of teams, not just us. But it all depends on our needs at the time.

True on Hue, he needs to use his weapons in a better way. I think Burkhead and maybe even the rookie Super Mario Alford
could really help us in getting seperation. Denarius Moore is a fast guy too. I think Sanu just got worn out last year cause he
was looking really good early in the season.

Good point about Sanu, but I think he was at his best as the third option with AJ and MLJ drawing coverage.  I'm not so sure about Denarius Moore.  I watched him play (albeit sparingly) over the past couple seasons and I am not so sure he has that speed that he possessed when he entered the league.  I love the idea of Alford being used to "take the top off the defense" here and there.  MLJ can't draw all the vertical coverage at "X".
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 02:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: None of it has been refuted!  

Actually you admitted that you were wrong and asked me to forgive you.

How can you try to deny it now?
Reply/Quote

I don't think you can blame Charles on Hayes. Charles switched positions because we drafted Eifert not because he was bad at TE.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually you admitted that you were wrong and asked me to forgive you.

How can you try to deny it now?

When was this?

Unless it was a minor detail about something that had no real relevance and didn't refute the fact that you're a liar, I did no such thing.

See, the thing you have to understand about Fred is he throws out bogus claims (lies) and just assumes everyone will agree with him because I'm one of the only people who calls him out or looks into the garbage that he posts.

I can't wait to see this.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 07:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  because I'm one of the only people who calls him out or looks into the garbage that he posts.

Yeah, You're one of the ONLY one's that ever stands up to him.
God damn, get over yourself.
Reply/Quote