Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are We Narrowed To Three Positions In RD 1?
BusinessInsider had a bunch of "experts" picking our first round pick, and they have us taking a WR, DT, or LB.

Are those the only positions that you could see us taking? I'd like us to get a DT to put at nose because, as I've said, I think it makes our front four elite, and backer wouldn't be bad, but receivers are a dime a dozen, especially when we already have AJ and Eifert.

Here's their report:

[Image: 7ghpGUIRQxx21LRGTII3J21KSGn1rs4MNmlDxHTp...ize_mode=3]

Then again, they do think we're the Vikings, so who knows.

Barring someone unexpectedly dropping very far, do we look beyond those three positions in the first?
Reply/Quote
corner may be the only other position we would take, but with the depth at DT and the need at LB/WR i just don't see us dropping a number 1 on a corner

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 09:11 PM)Okeana Wrote: corner may be the only other position we would take, but with the depth at DT and the need at LB/WR i just don't see us dropping a number 1 on a corner

I don't see us using a first on a corner just because I don't think Dre has been as bad as people claim, Dennard could produce, Shaw is ok, Jones is still a lockdown corner, and I think, if anything, we just get a mid-round guy or a FA.
Reply/Quote
CB, LT( might think Fisher is more G then a tackle) DT, WR, DE, DT, RB( might trade Bennard or Hill if they can get value for them).
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 09:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't see us using a first on a corner just because I don't think Dre has been as bad as people claim, Dennard could produce, Shaw is ok, Jones is still a lockdown corner, and I think, if anything, we just get a mid-round guy or a FA.

As much as i agree with your opinion that wasn't the question you asked.  

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 09:46 PM)J24 Wrote: CB, LT( might think Fisher is more G then a tackle) DT,  WR, DE, DT, RB( might trade Bennard or Hill if they can get value for them).

Mentioning Bennard as a trade should get you a swift ban on these boards.

Reply/Quote
I don't think that the Bengals are narrowed to just three positions, as possible picks in the 1st round. I could see them taking CB, simply because they put a premium on the position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We take a corner in the first I'm rioting
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 10:23 PM)Stormborn Wrote: We take a corner in the first I'm rioting

I'm not wishing for it, just knowing how the Bengals operate, I'm not ruling out the possibility.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 10:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not wishing for it, just knowing how the Bengals operate, I'm not ruling out the possibility.

I would never rule it out unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 10:23 PM)Stormborn Wrote: We take a corner in the first I'm rioting

I'd have very little issue with taking Mackensie Alexander in the first, but I too would rather wait. I hope we go edge rusher in the 1st. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think CB is more of a need than people think. WR is #1 i would say by far, but if nobody is there worth the pick i could see the top CB, LB, DT available.

There are very few good athletic LB's that are going to be available at that position worth the pick. Darron Lee is the only one and people are saying he's going to be gone. So if he isn't there i think it's down to WR, CB, DT

Dre kirk is up next year and hasnt shown much.
Dennard is promising but hasn't had the oppurtunity/stayed healthy to show much.
Pacman is solid but not exactly a long term solution.
Nobody knows what we have in shaw.
Reply/Quote
I think we are down to three but I don't think one of them is DT...Front Office doesn't value that position as high draft pick because of mid round success. I think we go WR, LB, or CB this year and Inwould be shocked if it wasn't one of those three.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 09:58 PM)Okeana Wrote: Mentioning Bennard as a trade should get you a swift ban on these boards.

I wouldn't do it but if some team made an interesting offer I would look into it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 01:01 AM)J24 Wrote: I wouldn't do it but if some team made an interesting offer I would look into it.

There couldnt be an interesting enough trade. I am betting he is heavily involved in the passion. Game this year to make up for new blood at WR.

As far as what we target. The team values first round corners so it's always on the table . They also are fine with getting linebackers later as well.

Corner, WR, DL.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 09:46 PM)J24 Wrote: CB, LT( might think Fisher is more G then a tackle) DT,  WR, DE, DT, RB( might trade Bennard or Hill if they can get value for them).

Fisher is not a guard. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 01:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Fisher is not a guard. 

And Ogbuehi will be the LT.

I will riot if we take an OL in the first round, especially a tackle.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 02:48 PM)09ItsOurTime Wrote: And Ogbuehi will be the LT.

I will riot if we take an OL in the first round, especially a tackle.

Ogbuehi better be the RT. He wasn't good at LT in college. 
He's a RT. Fisher should be the LT. 

Ogbuehi will get the start at RT this year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 02:50 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Ogbuehi better be the RT. He wasn't good at LT in college. 
He's a RT. Fisher should be the LT. 

Ogbuehi will get the start at RT this year. 

I did a little "after the fact" research, last year, after getting upset about the team drafting two Tackles.  My findings agreed with what you say.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 01:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Fisher is not a guard. 

Neither is Whit, but he played there for us early in his career. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote