Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are the Bengals Becoming a "Must-Watch" ?
This is the most fun this team has been since the Chad and Palmer early days. We were good with Dalton but no body was as captivating as Joe and Chase. We also had a lot of people hate us because of Burfict. We don’t have that type of negative interaction now, but all the positives.
Reply/Quote
I think we have the potential of the Jan 2 Monday night game Bills-vs-Bengals being one of the highest viewed regular season games in recent history. barring surprises between now and then it certainly will be the highest rated of the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 07:11 PM)pally Wrote: I think we have the potential of the Jan 2 Monday night game Bills-vs-Bengals being one of the highest viewed regular season games in recent history.  barring surprises between now and then it certainly will be the highest rated of the season

Yeah, been looking forward to that game the most. Before the season I thought Brady and the Bucs would be much better than they 
have been but never the less, Burrow vs Brady should still intrigue everyone. Still think Tom came back so he could play against Joe 
at least once. But the Bills game is still the big one with Joe Burrow vs Josh Allen the best 2 young QB's in the league.

Herbert has fell out of this conversation a touch lately. Still think he is another great young QB, but he isn't quite there with these two.

At least in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
Not trying to dive into it, but I do find it interesting when the NFL TV numbers had dropped for awhile a lot of people were saying it was just because people were cutting the cable. Now the last couple of years they're setting viewership records and nobody is mentioning that anymore.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 07:11 PM)pally Wrote: I think we have the potential of the Jan 2 Monday night game Bills-vs-Bengals being one of the highest viewed regular season games in recent history.  barring surprises between now and then it certainly will be the highest rated of the season

No doubt. Likely to be HUGE viewership !!! Imagine if those two teams keep winning prior to that Monday night game. You'd have a 12-3 Bills team against the 11-4 Bengals, Burrow v. Allen, playoff seeding on the line, a packed Jungle and possibly a record-setting TV audience. What an atmosphere!!!
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Most of the increase in interest is due to Kay Adams.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 09:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Bengals win the Super Bowl I would say yes. The rivalry with KC will be huge ratings.

Right now we own KC. On to Buffalo. Beat them in the regular season and then in the playoffs and the NFL has 3 behemoths in the AFC. With the Eagles and Cowboys playing well life is good. The Eagles are the real deal. They are the most solid team in a long time. They don’t have the playmakers that is,KC, or the Bills have but they are more solid.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Not if the game is only carried by ESPN. A lot of viewers don't get ESPN because it costs extra, sometimes a lot extra, for their cable company to include ESPN in one of the packages offered. Now if that Monday night game is carried by ABC as well as ESPN, because there are a few games during the year that both ABC and ESPN carry the Monday night game, then I agree the Buffalo-Bengals game is a potential ratings bonanza.
Reply/Quote
They are fun to watch and it was showcased again last Sunday. I couldn't believe it wasn't flexed for SNF but I guess they wouldn't do that to "America's Team".
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:40 AM)Nepa Wrote: Not if the game is only carried by ESPN. A lot of viewers don't get ESPN because it costs extra, sometimes a lot extra, for their cable company to include ESPN in one of the packages offered. Now if that Monday night game is carried by ABC as well as ESPN, because there are a few games during the year that both ABC and ESPN carry the Monday night game, then I agree the Buffalo-Bengals game is a potential ratings bonanza.

Isn't ESPN part of just about everyone's basic cable package? I've never seen a basic package that didn't include it. Now if you are talking about all the extra ESPN's that's different. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true. BTW, that one handed catch out of bounds by Chase against the Chiefs showed just how talented he is...

I know it didn't count but it was crazy skill.

We haven't even sniffed seeing the best of these Bengal greats yet.

Good point about that catch.  Why wasn't it all over ESPN or NFL Net?  Because Ja'Marr just acted like:  "What?  That's what I do", instead of being all ME ME ME ME ME.

I still think his most underrated trait is his strength.  He just looks like he is made of teflon.  Guys have him wrapped up and he just keeps going.  I wonder if there is an NFL stat for broken tackles for WRs.  He would have to be near the top. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 08:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Isn't ESPN part of just about everyone's basic cable package? I've never seen a basic package that didn't include it. Now if you are talking about all the extra ESPN's that's different. 

I have Directv and my basic cable package doesn't have ESPN. It costs a lot extra and I'm not willing to pay that much extra a month just for ESPN. And, yes, I'm taking about ESPN, not the extra ESPNs.

It was the same when I had Dish. You needed more than the basic plan to get ESPN.

But there are a few Monday Night games that ABC carries. I don't know if the Buffalo game will be one of those.

If the NFL games are not on a major station like ABC, CBS, NBC, or Fox, a lot of people do not get to see the games. That includes the Thursday Night games now on Prime.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 09:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good point about that catch.  Why wasn't it all over ESPN or NFL Net?  Because Ja'Marr just acted like:  "What?  That's what I do", instead of being all ME ME ME ME ME.

I still think his most underrated trait is his strength.  He just looks like he is made of teflon.  Guys have him wrapped up and he just keeps going.  I wonder if there is an NFL stat for broken tackles for WRs.  He would have to be near the top. 

Truth, dude just does what he does and makes it look easy. That is what the greats do. So true about his strength, I would think
him and Deebo are about the hardest 2 WR's to tackle in the NFL and Deebo plays RB at times something I am sure Ja'Marr could 
do in a pinch if needed. But not something I would do, way too valuable to us.

(12-09-2022, 10:00 AM)Nepa Wrote: I have Directv and my basic cable package doesn't have ESPN. It costs a lot extra and I'm not willing to pay that much extra a month just for ESPN. And, yes, I'm taking about ESPN, not the extra ESPNs.

It was the same when I had Dish. You needed more than the basic plan to get ESPN.

But there are a few Monday Night games that ABC carries. I don't know if the Buffalo game will be one of those.

If the NFL games are not on a major station like ABC, CBS, NBC, or Fox, a lot of people do not get to see the games. That includes the Thursday Night games now on Prime.

Yes, it won't be watched near as much if it is only espn, I refuse to get espn, so I wouldn't be able to watch the game live unless it
is on ABC too. Would be smart of them to have our game on both if they want the monster ratings...
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth, dude just does what he does and makes it look easy. That is what the greats do. So true about his strength, I would think
him and Deebo are about the hardest 2 WR's to tackle in the NFL and Deebo plays RB at times something I am sure Ja'Marr could 

Yes, it won't be watched near as much if it is only espn, I refuse to get espn, so I wouldn't be able to watch the game live unless it
is on ABC too. Would be smart of them to have our game on both if they want the monster ratings...

Oh yeah, he played running back in high school. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:40 AM)Nepa Wrote: Not if the game is only carried by ESPN. A lot of viewers don't get ESPN because it costs extra, sometimes a lot extra, for their cable company to include ESPN in one of the packages offered. Now if that Monday night game is carried by ABC as well as ESPN, because there are a few games during the year that both ABC and ESPN carry the Monday night game, then I agree the Buffalo-Bengals game is a potential ratings bonanza.

One day soon, a la carte ESPN will be available and will spell the end to Direct TV and cable bundles.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth, dude just does what he does and makes it look easy. That is what the greats do. So true about his strength, I would think

Same here.  I think the coach at LSU early in Ja'Marr's career (Les Miles) told Ja'Marr he wouldn't stick at WR and should play CB.  Surprised he didn't try to make him a RB, if he was going to go full-on stupid.  
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 08:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not trying to dive into it, but I do find it interesting when the NFL TV numbers had dropped for awhile a lot of people were saying it was just because people were cutting the cable. Now the last couple of years they're setting viewership records and nobody is mentioning that anymore.

The NFL and supporting sports networks and shows seemed to focus almost excluon market size for quite a while when it came to content/hype, with ghe Stealers and Packers being the notable exceptions.

Now comes KC, Buffalo, and Cincy.

Now, hopefully, the NFL sees that GREAT GAMES played by GREAT TEAMS, no matter where they happen to reside, fuels viewership.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 02:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh yeah, he played running back in high school. 

Didn't know that, thanks Sled. Doesn't surprise me.

(12-10-2022, 11:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Same here.  I think the coach at LSU early in Ja'Marr's career (Les Miles) told Ja'Marr he wouldn't stick at WR and should play CB.  Surprised he didn't try to make him a RB, if he was going to go full-on stupid.  

Yeah lol

(12-10-2022, 12:20 PM)SladeX Wrote: The NFL and supporting sports networks and shows seemed to focus almost excluon market size for quite a while when it came to content/hype, with ghe Stealers and Packers being the notable exceptions.

Now, hopefully, the NFL sees that GREAT GAMES played by GREAT TEAMS, no matter where they happen to reside, fuels viewership.

Hopefully, it sure makes the NFL much more entertaining getting to see the great teams instead of the favorites cuz of market size.
Reply/Quote

That is what the local Taproom is for!  Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 12:20 PM)SladeX Wrote: The NFL and supporting sports networks and shows seemed to focus almost excluon market size for quite a while when it came to content/hype, with ghe Stealers and Packers being the notable exceptions.

Watching Dallas or a NY team is boring as hell every weekend...
Reply/Quote