Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Bengals actually worried about the line?
(03-29-2021, 10:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: I can't see trading back in the 1st and losing picks. Not with the outstanding needs.

They care about the Oline. Just like they "care" about winning.

Are the worried though? I cant say they are as much as we'd like after what happened to Burrow and the national disgust about how he was managed.

Unfortunately, a lot of our fan base would very much agree with the sentiment.  

They care about the OL about as much as they care about winning. I mean Elizabeth Blackburn may really want to win but her mom and grandpa has all the money right now.  

Like I've said previously, I think the FO truly believes in Frank Pollack as a teacher.  They think they have a lot of young talent that needs taught by someone who is known as a teacher.  I know nothing about Turner other than his OL were shit in Miami and they were shit in Cincinnati.  So by that I know he's a shit coach.  If you look at what they currently have you have 2 steady T's, and since Pollack drafted Billy Price he feels comfortable with him there in case Hopkins doesnt make it back quickly.  Then again we could be looking at a starting OL of Williams, Hopkins, Price, Spain, Reif come the fall.  I could easily see them putting Hopkins at guard since he's played there before and he's not an All Pro Center.  
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 09:40 AM)TJ528 Wrote: If you look at what they currently have you have 2 steady T's,

Can we call Williams steady when he has missed 22 games of his 32 game career?

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 10:34 AM)Burma Wrote: Can we call Williams steady when he has missed 22 games of his 32 game career?

Burma, I think we can only say Williams has the potential to be steady.   

I think they have 2 steady tackles "IF" they both stay healthy.  Chances of that happening IMO arent that great.  

Williams hasn't shown he can make it through a season and Rief is 33 years old.  Your body doesn't respond at 33 like it does at 23. 

I don't think the OL is good enough the way it is but I guarantee you the front office does or at least hopes it is because they don't want to have to spend anymore $$$ there.  

Their hope is that Frank Pollacks a miracle worker with this line.  
Reply/Quote
They remain "bullish" on Michael Jordan and Billy Price.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think if healthy we have an okay line, problem is one injury details that and you got your youngest most talented lineman CAnt stay healthy in 2 years, your newest best veteran lineman is 33, your most consistent returning lineman is coming off a big injury and last years FA addition can’t stay healthy either so that’s a big ask out of this group.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote