Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are the Bengals bad or just unlucky?
(02-17-2018, 08:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Maybe next you can find spell check bumpkin

This is just when you delete your account and start over under a new identity. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 10:23 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Hilarious Lovenuts trying to use spelling smack because his regular smack is so weak. Stop it Lovenuts your killing me. Hilarious 

Lovenuts calling someone a "bumpkin", hilarious.

I blame it on the drugs

Now your infatuation with guys nuts, what is that all about?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 10:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is just when you delete your account and start over under a new identity. 

LOL

You are taking this smack stuff way too seriously

I will forever be the guy that predicted Oz screwed the pooch with bad decision on Flacco, stated it before he played a down after that huge contract Ravens would not be elite again for a long time, so I have that
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 11:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I blame it on the drugs

Now your infatuation with guys nuts, what is that all about?

(02-18-2018, 11:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

I will forever be the guy that predicted Oz screwed the pooch with bad decision on Flacco, stated it before he played a down after that huge contract Ravens would not be elite again for a long time, so I have that

Can you cite any of that?  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote

I'm sure you'll sight plenty of opinions as you defend past comments that you've made on this cite about alleged foresite on your part. 

Reply/Quote

You had some great foresite with that call. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2018, 05:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: The Bengals are founded in 1968 and have the NFL/AFL rookie of the year in 68 and 69.

In 1969, one year after their founding, their first great QB sets all kind of rookie records....then has to retire due to injury.

[/url]
With the legendary Paul Brown has their head coach from 1968-1975 they STILL have a losing record overall...and go 0-3 in the playoffs.

In fact only three of the men to be head coach of the Bengals has a winning record.  One is Marvin Lewis who remains without a win in the post-season.

They reach the Super Bowl twice under an innovative coach who had a pro bowl QB...and had the misfortune of meeting a better coach with a better pro bowl QB both times.

That's not mentioning Tim Krumie's broken leg and Stanley Wilson.

In the 20 years since their last Super Bowl apperance they have had only eight above 500 seasons.

And they have reached the playoffs eight times...winning one game in 1990.  

In the midst of that we cannot forget that in '05, the Steelers take out Palmer on the opening play of the playoff game and then everyone knows what happened at halftime and everything just fell apart.

Or the year the Bengals tanked their last game so they could play the Jets could get into the playoffs and travel to Cincinnati for the game.  [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2%80%9310_NFL_playoffs#AFC:_New_York_Jets_24,_Cincinnati_Bengals_14]Only to lose at home to the Jets.

And then the year that Dalton broke his thumb after throwing an INT and trying to make a tackle the Steelers beat the Bengals in the playoffs due to lack of discipline on the Bengals players.

Oh, and all the missed field goals!  And draft picks that didn't pan out!

So, are the Bengals bad...or just unlucky?

Mellow

We were and have been snakebitten quite a bit......but since Son of Paul took over, just mostly bad.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Also, I'd like to add......Sam Wyche was not the coach during both Super Bowl runs. HOFer Forrest Gregg was the first coach to go to the big game. AND......Boomer's shoulder was hurt during the playoffs, that's why the passing game was not so high flying in SB XXIII.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 02:19 PM)McC Wrote: The Bengals in a nutshell--the worst luck imaginable compounded by a shit ton of bad decisions.  Coulda, woulda, shoulda is our battle cry.  Being a Bengals fan is not for the faint of heart.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 12:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm sure you'll sight plenty of opinions as you defend past comments that you've made on this cite about alleged foresite on your part. 

(02-19-2018, 04:40 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You had some great foresite with that call. 

*Foresight  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 12:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Also, I'd like to add......Sam Wyche was not the coach during both Super Bowl runs. HOFer Forrest Gregg was the first coach to go to the big game.  AND......Boomer's shoulder was hurt during the playoffs, that's why the passing game was not so high flying in SB XXIII.

Forrest Gregg wasn't innovative?  Ninja

Hurt shoulder?!?  More bad luck!   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 12:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: *Foresight  Mellow

*Foreskin  Cool

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 12:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: *Foresight  Mellow

We know. 

That remains to be seen with others though....
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals have been mostly unlucky. Unlucky in the sense that they seem to play their worst in big games. Playoff games happen to be defined as "big games", so that's why they've been one-and-done in 5 seasons straight. Although that last playoff game against the Steelers when they were ahead by 1 point, with 1.5 mins left in the game AND the Bengals in possession of the ball and they hand the ball to a guy with a reputation for fumbling wasn't exactly a stellar decision. That was actually a bad call.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 06:51 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: We know. 

That remains to be seen with others though....

LMAO

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 07:47 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I think the Bengals have been mostly unlucky. Unlucky in the sense that they seem to play their worst in big games. Playoff games happen to be defined as "big games", so that's why they've been one-and-done in 5 seasons straight. Although that last playoff game against the Steelers when they were ahead by 1 point, with 1.5 mins left in the game AND the Bengals in possession of the ball and they hand the ball to a guy with a reputation for fumbling wasn't exactly a stellar decision. That was actually a bad call.

I see that as bad coaching, not a lack of luck.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 01:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: *Foreskin  Cool

There’s a thread about foreskins or the lack there of over in the PnR room.

Cool
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 07:47 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I think the Bengals have been mostly unlucky. Unlucky in the sense that they seem to play their worst in big games. Playoff games happen to be defined as "big games", so that's why they've been one-and-done in 5 seasons straight. Although that last playoff game against the Steelers when they were ahead by 1 point, with 1.5 mins left in the game AND the Bengals in possession of the ball and they hand the ball to a guy with a reputation for fumbling wasn't exactly a stellar decision. That was actually a bad call.

Had our ball security back not been taken by out by another illegal-after-the-fact hit, it would have been a non-issue.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 07:47 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I think the Bengals have been mostly unlucky. Unlucky in the sense that they seem to play their worst in big games. Playoff games happen to be defined as "big games", so that's why they've been one-and-done in 5 seasons straight. 

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get more amusing.......

So, if you combine this thread and the other one just like it, here's what we've learned:

When the Bengals suck and lose playoff games, it's only because they're unlucky.

When the Steelers play well and win the Superbowl, it's only because they're lucky.

okaaaaaaaaayyyy........
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 06:46 PM)Tama Wrote: Just when I thought this thread couldn't get more amusing.......

So, if you combine this thread and the other one just like it, here's what we've learned:

When the Bengals suck and lose playoff games, it's only because they're unlucky.

When the Steelers play well and win the Superbowl, it's only because they're lucky.

okaaaaaaaaayyyy........

Well to be fair to all other Bengal fans, that's Brads stance and not theirs. Using Brad as a representative of the Bengal fan base is like using the Yugo as a representative of all automobiles. Or the Hindenburg as a representative of all flying machines.  
Reply/Quote