Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Bengals in an Offensive Rebuild?
Definitely re-tooling the weaponry. The o-line has been in a near constant rebuild, so that's not new. TE has been a revolving door, too, so change at that position is the norm.

I really look for them to get a day 2 receiver at the very least. This team built it's success with elite weaponry. Tweaks will always happen, but I don't look for them to try and be something they're not. If they don't get a young, controllable day 1 or 2 guy this year, then I'd say next year is a lock barring a Jones or Iosivas breakout. They won't go long without a high end number 2 option.

While it's tough to pay 2 number 1 receivers, it's not nearly as hard as it used to be to find NFL-ready rookie wrs. This is a major benefit for them, and unlike o-line, I actually trust this organization to draft wrs.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 02:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My bad, I was looking at playoff averages versus regular season. 

Still, look at the numbers and outcome was nearly identical, 360.5 was 7th and 361 was 13th.

My point stands, we have yet to have a great offense (top 5) under Burrow. IMHO, it is due to our OL, so I am hopeful a much better OL from week 1 (last year was tough with Burrow hurt and new pieces at RT and LT) and a much better pass catching TE assuming we have Tee and Chase as well. 

Went from not top 10 to not top 5. What do you consider great? They are in the top 20% of the NfL in scoring.

It’s all relative, but the two healthy seasons that bengals are out scoring 25 teams in the nfl.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t call it a rebuild,but just necessary retooling schemes that every team that wants to remain competitive has to do.I do like the direction the Bengals are going to this point.I would love to see them draft Brian Thomas JR.-WR in the first round.

Even if they never did anything after that,I think we would be a Super Bowl contender.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 10:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think this comes down to what people consider a rebuild vs retool.

Some consider a rebuild to require a change in scheme/coaching along with players.

Personally, I think a majority change in players can be considered a rebuild too.
We might see that next year once Higgins, Karras, Brown, and Gesicki all hit FA next year.
We're already going to see a new RT, slot WR, and RB this year.
A potential changing of seven out of 11 starters in two seasons is a pretty big change, even if the offensive playcalling is basically the same.

I didn't expect the terminology to be the topic of discussion because that is the least important thing about the post lol. 

Rebuilding, Retooling, Restocking, Reshelving or simply call it what it is an "Employee Turnover" it doesn't matter. What Ocho says in the second part is what's important. 7 or 8 starters will likely be different over the next couple off-seasons. These Offensive Players if drafted will spend at least 3 years in Cincy which will be dead center in the prime of Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase's career. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 04:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think it’s simply Chase’s and to a lesser degree Higgins contracts  who they had hoped to keep and both looming.They are running scared,conservative, or whatever you want to call it. I think their goal always going into the draft is not being pigeon holed in that first pick. Brown sealed that. They’ve got some flexibility. I very much agree about Brian Thomas. Bowers ain’t gonna be there. I’ve said many times I’d like to see a trade with Zac’s friend Kevin McConnell with the Vikings. I’d trade Tee & Browning ( they only have Darnold really) to them plus a first round pick swap and give them our best 3rd rounder for Justin Jefferson. The Vikings have no second or third rounder. May be wishful thinking but you could still do the deal for Browning and just the pick swap. Moving up guarantees you a shot at several RT’s, WR, and a better chance at Bowers. But I think Gesicki is going to be huge. I think Chase Brown they will really scheme well. I think the offense will be more explosive. Picher in interviews is harping on our lack of explosiveness. Well he,Zac, and the rest of the staff need to wake up. Get a run game.

Vikings are looking to trade up that's why they made a deal to move their second round pick into the twenties with the Texans.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Whatever you want to call it, the new players that we will be bringing in will play a key role in how this team does going forward.

For the record, I like the moves a lot we have already done and I think players like Moss, Gesicki and Trent Brown fit very well if they
can stay healthy. Moss is built for this Offense unlike Mixon and even said so in picking us over the Cowboys. Gesicki had his eye on the
Bengals as soon as the season ended and knew there was mutual interest. Trent Brown just needs to stay healthy and he could be just
what Burrow needs on the right side.

Now draft well and the re-tooling/re-building should be going smooth.
Reply/Quote