Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Bengals protected by player safety rules or not?
(10-16-2023, 09:47 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Until the cheap ass nfl makes the modest investment in full time officials who spend all week watching film like everyone else whose out there on Sundays you are going to get wildly inconsistent calls on personal fouls, holding and pass interference.

Some on bengals I can’t remember who got away with a “hold” I’m the end zone that was way worse than the total BS call on our middle linebacker that probably cost us the Super Bowl. No pi call last night in bills giants on last play.  Don’t expect consistent application of rules with part time officials.

And instant reply doesn’t end inconsistency. Ask anyone you know about VAR and EPL.

True but it 100% helps though. VAR may get it wrong every now and then, but the number of bad calls/non-calls have been drastically reduced. 

But the difference over here are commercials. NFL won't allow more time to review plays and calls because that would cut into commercial time at some point, and that just won't happen. And they aren't going to extend the total time of the viewing experience either.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 10:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Not as bad as the ghost penalty on the 9ers to keep the Browns drive alive.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I bet you guys wish you had us on the schedule lol. I really think you would destroy us to be honest lol.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think selling hits would do much better than the way he gets absolutely destroyed as it is. Exaggeration isn’t even needed.
Reply/Quote
It's time to allow New York to say... "pick up that flag."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 11:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That was total BS. Reader wrapped him up perfectly. These guys are not ballet dancers.

Definitely a bad call.  But like the OP I'm really concerned that the late hit on Burrow was not called.   It is exactly what the league is trying to stop.  Zebras did us no favors yesterday.   Felt bad for the Niners yesterday too.   Multiple terrible game changing calls.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
People aren't going to like this but that WAS roughing the passer by definition on that last sack of Geno Smith that ended the game with both the full body weight of Hill and Hubbard crushing Geno.

The Refs have never been consistent in the calls.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: People aren't going to like this but that WAS roughing the passer by definition on that last sack of Geno Smith that ended the game with both the full body weight of Hill and Hubbard crushing Geno.

The Refs have never been consistent in the calls.

Nope, watch it again. Hill has his arms out at least attempting to keep his full weight off of Smith.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 03:42 PM)pally Wrote:

You can't just look at raw numbers, unfortunately. You also have to consider the timing of the calls and the impact they have on the game.
Reply/Quote
I got my number of flaggable hits this year from watching the games. It came out as Cleveland 1, Rats 2, Titans 1, Seahawks 1, Rams 1. I tried to only note late hits (QB hit at least a 1 count after releasing the ball) and blows to the head.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:06 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Not as bad as the ghost penalty on the 9ers to keep the Browns drive alive.

You mean the uneccessary roughness call that was in fact an uneccassary roughness call? Was zero need for the hit, I don't care if he did'nt hit his head.
Reply/Quote