Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Bengals really committed to Cincinnati?
I mean we are 3-21 in our last 24 games and this team hasn't even come close to signing a notable free agent. Yes AJ, Jonah, and Burrow should be significant upgrades but so would a Jack Conklin or Corey Littleton hell both would have been nice.
So here's the point of this thread the Bengals ownership and front office knows this team is bad and there trying there hardest to keep attendance low so they can justify a move to ST Louis by 2030.
Change my mind
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:00 PM)J24 Wrote: I mean we are 3-21 in our last 24 games and this team hasn't even come close to signing a notable free agent. Yes AJ, Jonah, and Burrow should be significant upgrades but so would a Jack Conklin or Corey Littleton hell both would have been nice.
So here's the point of this thread the Bengals ownership and front office knows this team is bad and there trying there hardest to keep attendance low so they can justify a move to ST Louis by 2030.
Change my mind

Why St. Louis?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:00 PM)J24 Wrote: I mean we are 3-21 in our last 24 games and this team hasn't even come close to signing a notable free agent. Yes AJ,  Jonah, and Burrow should be significant upgrades but so would a Jack Conklin or Corey Littleton hell both would have been nice.
Change my mind

How would they make more money in St Louis?
Reply/Quote
Plus our RT last year only allowed 4 sacks. It would be dumb to spend $14 million a year on a RT when we need upgrades in so many other areas.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:00 PM)J24 Wrote: I mean we are 3-21 in our last 24 games and this team hasn't even come close to signing a notable free agent. Yes AJ,  Jonah, and Burrow should be significant upgrades but so would a Jack Conklin or Corey Littleton hell both would have been nice.
Change my mind

Read my other thread...it is a 2 way street...players have to want to come here...that is why it is called FREE agency...They are free to go where they choose...Why can't people get this simple concept through their brains?
Reply/Quote
It depends. If they draft any player other than Joe burrow that night send a clear message
Reply/Quote
Change my mind

They have easy justification to move regardless of attendance.  The county has breached the stadium lease numerous times, missed payments to the team, and not paid for stadium upgrades/upkeep as agreed.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Plus our RT last year only allowed 4 sacks.  It would be dumb to spend $14 million a year on a RT when we need upgrades in so many other areas.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:16 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Read my other thread...it is a 2 way street...players have to want to come here...that is why it is called FREE agency...They are free to go where they choose...Why can't people get this simple concept through their brains?

Why do you think no one wants to come here? 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
It's probably like other sports, if you're not a perceived winning culture, you're going to have to significantly overpay to get people into your building.

Being in Toronto and a huge basketball fan too, I've seen what overpaying looks like, and it's not pretty.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:47 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: It's probably like other sports, if you're not a perceived winning culture, you're going to have to significantly overpay to get people into your building.

Being in Toronto and a huge basketball fan too, I've seen what overpaying looks like, and it's not pretty.

Do you mean the Raptors?  They won the title and are in 2nd place in the east and almost 30 games over .500 right now.  Not sure I follow.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:21 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Why do you think no one wants to come here? 

Because we haven't won anything since Rubik's cubes were still sitting on kids dressers ? just guessing
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Plus our RT last year only allowed 4 sacks.  It would be dumb to spend $14 million a year on a RT when we need upgrades in so many other areas.

Seems to be some discrepancy on sacks.
I see 4.0 listed on http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=28614, but I see 6.0 listed on PFF.

I agree though, LB and LG are bigger areas of need than RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:47 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: It's probably like other sports, if you're not a perceived winning culture, you're going to have to significantly overpay to get people into your building.

I don't know, Raptors won a title and were on track to have a good playoff run this season.  Overpaying when you aren't a hot spot is a good thing in my book.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:21 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Why do you think no one wants to come here? 

There are many reasons but I will put perception of ownership and lack of winning (playoff game/Super Bowls)...This does not mean that the team is going to move to Saint Louis and does not care about the city.....They have never hid what they do....Build through the draft and fill holes with lower tier FAs.....Nothing is going to change...They are not going to go out on day one and overpay (even higher than the market0 to get FAs to come here....Thinking anything other than that is just wishful thinking...They are going to overpay Billings, Vigil and Eifert and just roll along like they do because they have to spend the money according to the CBA.

I see the same thing every year on these boards since 2005....Nothing is going to change!!!  I am the one that started the thread asking for Bob Castellini to buy the Bengals...At least he is trying to do something with the Reds, even if he did overpay for most of those signings.

Go to the FA section and look at all of the posts, everyone dreaming about picking up player A or player B.  those players are all gone now and at high prices.

My guess is that they did reach out to a few of these players and were just told "No thank you!!"
Reply/Quote
No this team sucks

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The only things the Bengals are committed to are making as much money as they can with as little effort as possible and depressing their fans.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The only things the Bengals are committed to are making as much money as they can with as little effort as possible and depressing their fans.

Seems this is true. They had a great chance this Offseason and it seems have screwed it up.

Burrow better be the pick and he better play for us or no one will care. Apathy has already ensued. This just makes it worse.

Not smart, in fact this is how you run a business into the ground.
Reply/Quote

well #1... New coaching staff took a team to 2-14....

No coach here is one of those guys players what to go play for. hell most players would be like WHO DEY?  but mean Who are they?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I don't know, Raptors won a title and were on track to have a good playoff run this season.  Overpaying when you aren't a hot spot is a good thing in my book.  :andy:

Overpaying is never good.. leaves you short elsewhere.
Reply/Quote