Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with?
At some point the Browns have to improve, especially with so many high draft picks over the last decade but paper is still paper until they do it on the field.. I did find troubling that last year they went winless in Jackson;s second year.. I do think they still have been throwing darts at the QB situation to see what might stick.

I could see them win 4 to 5 wins this year.. I see the Ravens falling in the standings more than the Bengals though
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2018, 01:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: At some point the Browns have to improve, especially with so many high draft picks over the last decade but paper is still paper until they do it on the field.. I did find troubling that last year they went winless in Jackson;s second year.. I do think they still have been throwing darts at the QB situation to see what might stick.

I could see them win 4 to 5 wins this year.. I see the Ravens falling in the standings more than the Bengals though

I think the under-the-radar move for the Browns was bringing in Todd Haley. Say what you want about the guy, but he's proven effective as an OC.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The only real problem I have with the Browns becoming a great team is I'll have to listen to my dad go on and on about them although he did become very disappointed back when they fired Paul Brown..  I'm unsure if he ever got over that or not. I do know he was once a Browns fan, but that was before the Bengals even existed.
Either way I could live with them not being the embarrassment of the division . Heck , I could live with us not being the embarrassment. I could definitely live with pissburg being a perennial embarrassment.  Baltimore?  Ehhh.. They don't rub me the same way pissburg does. Even when Baltimore won the SB it didn't feel quite as shitty as when pissburg won.. 
Reply/Quote
They just locked up Jarvis long term.

They may be serious about winning Mellow
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2018, 05:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the under-the-radar move for the Browns was bringing in Todd Haley. Say what you want about the guy, but he's proven effective as an OC.

He's usually good for a couple years, until his entire offense starts wanting him dead.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2018, 01:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: At some point the Browns have to improve, especially with so many high draft picks over the last decade but paper is still paper until they do it on the field.. I did find troubling that last year they went winless in Jackson;s second year.. I do think they still have been throwing darts at the QB situation to see what might stick.

This is what i believe as well, just hard to see them turning the corner until they actually do.

They have made good moves, but i think they have a long way to go to be a threat to contend with us in the AFC North.

Our battle is with the Stealers and Ravens and i just hope we start splitting with the Stealers.

If we do that we can go 4-2 nearly every year in the AFCN.
Reply/Quote

Totally agree. They wont come out of the gate and win 10 games until they learn to win some close ones. I see them winning 4-5 games as well. If they don't? I would say that's a Jackson issue.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is what i believe as well, just hard to see them turning the corner until they actually do.

They have made good moves, but i think they have a long way to go to be a threat to contend with us in the AFC North.

Our battle is with the Stealers and Ravens and i just hope we start splitting with the Stealers.

If we do that we can go 4-2 nearly every year in the AFCN.

I agree. Like Essex said, they seem to be throwing darts at the QB position, but I personally don't think they handle them correctly. 
Also the Ravens just seem to be on the brink of disaster every year and yet they seem to be vying for a wildcard. I do think they fall this year.
The Steelers, we usually have our annual "Steelers are done" post, but I do think once Pig Pen retires they will experience a downfall but who knows when that will happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 01:48 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: They just locked up Jarvis long term.

They may be serious about winning  Mellow

Wow they overpaid 5th highest WR. Meh....
Reply/Quote