Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with?
If the Law of Averages can finally catch up to them, maybe it can catch up to us too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You guys are giving the Browns too much credit.  Don't forget, they were quick to snatch up Ken Zampeze...  I'm sure that he will work well with Tyrod Taylor..

Todd Haley is their OC...there is only one NFL franchise stupid enough to make Zampese an OC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and how many moves have they made over the last 8 years.. ????

in the end they still have to get it done on the field.. we have done that in the last 8 years.. Browns have not.. at some point you would think with probably the most picks and moves than any time over the last decade or more they would figure it out.. but has not happen just yet

Outside of 2015, all we have gotten done on the field is playing the role of pretender. We are now a far cry from that 2015 team and the separation between us and the Browns is evaporating quickly.
Reply/Quote
Tyrod Taylor ain't taking them anywhere. Shady McCoy had more to do with them being in the playoffs that Taylor. And if nearly any QB but Tyrod was the Bills' QB in their playoff game, they would have played the Steelers. Tyrod couldn't hit water from a boat in that game. We'll see how it plays out but they are not to be feared because of him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 08:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heard on the radio that they traded a 3rd rounder for Tyrod Taylor, and also made a trade for Jarvis Landry.

If they draft Barkley and Chubb? Whew boy.

They are making the changes to win, we are making changes to stay where we are...yes eventually they will be better than us. I have no doubt of that in my mind.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:47 PM)McC Wrote: Tyrod Taylor ain't taking them anywhere.  Shady McCoy had more to do with them being in the playoffs that Taylor.  And if nearly any QB but Tyrod was the Bills' QB in their playoff game, they would have played the Steelers.  Tyrod couldn't hit water from a boat in that game.  We'll see how it plays out but they are not to be feared because of him.

I think they are picking him up as a vet backup while they groom a rookie. Plus they have more draft choices than they know what to do with..
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:34 PM)HuDey Wrote: They also have 5 picks in the first two rounds of the upcoming draft, including 2 of the top 4 overall. Thier o-line is already better than ours, and thier defense isn’t as far behind ours as you might like to believe.

The days of writing them off because “they’re the Browns” are quickly coming to an end.

The Browns are coming, The Browns are coming.  Oh, what will we ever do??  LOL

What is this, Browns reboot version 12.7?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Browns are coming, The Browns are coming.  Oh, what will we ever do??  LOL

Ida know man...the Browns have earned ever bit of skepticism sure, but the Browns have a zillion picks, the first overall pick, the fourth overall pick, a front office of people who have actual NFL experience/success, and...this may be the biggest point, we're coming off back to back losing seasons.

This might be a little different than the time when we were winning 10+ games per year and the Browns drafted Johnny Fartball.  Might, being the key word.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 08:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They still have a below average QB, a glorified Sanu ,a crack addict at the other Wr, and oh their Still the browns.

Lets see, the Browns upgraded their QB, upgraded slot WR, upgraded CB, still have a million draft picks, a ton of cap space, and can draft Saquan Barkley + QB/DE in the first round. The Browns already have a really good O line, quality pieces in the front 7, and a couple good players in the secondary before these trades and the draft.

Deny the Browns all you want, but they’re talented, young, have a good GM, and a bunch of flexibility. Browns will be a Wild Card team in two years. Ravens are old, Steelers have to get a new QB in the next 1-3 years, Bengals are stuck with Mike and Marvin.

As sad as it is to say, the needle is pointing up in Cleveland.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 10:02 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Lets see, the Browns upgraded their QB, upgraded slot WR, upgraded CB, still have a million draft picks, a ton of cap space, and can draft Saquan Barkley + QB/DE in the first round.  The Browns already have a really good O line, quality pieces in the front 7, and a couple good players in the secondary before these trades and the draft.

Deny the Browns all you want, but they’re talented, young, have a good GM, and a bunch of flexibility.  Browns will be a Wild Card team in two years.  Ravens are old, Steelers have to get a new QB in the next 1-3 years, Bengals are stuck with Mike and Marvin.

As sad as it is to say, the needle is pointing up in Cleveland.

I think taking the 2nd or 3rd QB in the draft rather than the 1st because the want to take a RB and they have Tylenol Taylor would be a Browns-ey way to wreck this.  I can't see the future, though.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know man...the Browns have earned ever bit of skepticism sure, but the Browns have a zillion picks, the first overall pick, the fourth overall pick, a front office of people who have actual NFL experience/success, and...this may be the biggest point, we're coming off back to back losing seasons.

This might be a little different than the time when we were winning 10+ games per year and the Browns drafted Johnny Fartball.  Might, being the key word.

Yeah, my son is a die hard Browns guy, as much as I'm a Bengals guy.  He kept flooding me with all the Browns trade updates, all day long. (seemingly)

Like I told him, "Y'all gained one good player, and took two teams' trash off their hands".  

Sure, Haley seems like a big pickup for Cleveland, but he wasn't ran out of Pittsburgh for nothing.  They also were quick to snap up Zampeze, who we all agreed was garbage.  

Even with the draft picks, I put the over/under on Browns wins at 5.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 08:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heard on the radio that they traded a 3rd rounder for Tyrod Taylor, and also made a trade for Jarvis Landry.

If they draft Barkley and Chubb? Whew boy.

I think the Browns are starting finally make some prudent decisions.  As long as their young draft picks stay healthy and develop, this team will be a force in the future.  I'm still not sold on Tyrod Taylor though.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 10:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, my son is a die hard Browns guy, as much as I'm a Bengals guy.  He kept flooding me with all the Browns trade updates, all day long. (seemingly)

Like I told him, "Y'all gained one good player, and took two teams' trash off their hands".  

Sure, Haley seems like a big pickup for Cleveland, but he wasn't ran out of Pittsburgh for nothing.  They also were quick to snap up Zampeze, who we all agreed was garbage.  

Even with the draft picks, I put the over/under on Browns wins at 5.

Meh, the last OC the Steelers ran out of town made it to the NFC Championship game with a QB we were glad to see go, too.  Again, it's the Browns, but I don't see how we can credit Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown with raising the titanic and then doubt that people who aren't Mike and Marvin can do the same thing.

The Browns haven't drafted a guy who has a legit shot at being a franchise QB since 1999.  Maybe they blow it this year, too though.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Browns are coming, The Browns are coming.  Oh, what will we ever do??  LOL

Sad fact is they don’t have to come very far to catch us.
Reply/Quote
Too funny folks pimping the Browns.

WTS, I hope they are better, maybe give the Ratbirds and Steelers a run for their money.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 10:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, the last OC the Steelers ran out of town made it to the NFC Championship game with a QB we were glad to see go, too.  Again, it's the Browns, but I don't see how we can credit Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown with raising the titanic and then doubt that people who aren't Mike and Marvin can do the same thing.

The Browns haven't drafted a guy who has a legit shot at being a franchise QB since 1999.  Maybe they blow it this year, too though.

You just answered your own question.  It's the Browns, they're an expansion team.  The former Browns organization is the Ravens.  Those bastards have managed to win 2 Superbowls, while we keep floundering.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If they put it all together then yes the Browns will be a threat. FWIW i have been saying that for years. I don't feel Hue is the guy that will take them there. They need grit and a true leader. Tyrod is neither of those things.

Now if they were to draft Jackson..

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 10:15 PM)HuDey Wrote: Sad fact is they don’t have to come very far to catch us.

Don't they?  Keep in mind that this team is striving to improve, as well.  Heck, we just signed an all-world DT this week.  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm just going to wait until the entire NFL winds up in Cleveland, and disperses again. They're making moves, and look good on paper, but...that's all they ever do.
Reply/Quote
Silliness aside. I think this means that the Browns take Mayfield or Jackson at 4. Both are similar to Taylor and you build the offense to match your QB.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote