Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with?
(03-09-2018, 10:36 PM)snowy Wrote: I'm just going to wait until the entire NFL winds up in Cleveland, and disperses again. They're making moves, and look good on paper, but...that's all they ever do.

We shall see how things shake out, but I can't really think of any moves the Browns have made outside of drafting Tim Couch that looked like the had a decent shot at amounting to much.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not to drive anybody here crazy, but Browns still gon' Brown. You know dang well that sooner or later they'll do some dumbass thing like forget to send in the paperwork. Wait....
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 10:02 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Lets see, the Browns upgraded their QB, upgraded slot WR, upgraded CB, still have a million draft picks, a ton of cap space, and can draft Saquan Barkley + QB/DE in the first round.  The Browns already have a really good O line, quality pieces in the front 7, and a couple good players in the secondary before these trades and the draft.

Deny the Browns all you want, but they’re talented, young, have a good GM, and a bunch of flexibility.  Browns will be a Wild Card team in two years.  Ravens are old, Steelers have to get a new QB in the next 1-3 years, Bengals are stuck with Mike and Marvin.

As sad as it is to say, the needle is pointing up in Cleveland.
Of course it's pointing up they have know where else to go. Also a back up QB and a slot Wr really going to put them over the edge? If they brought in a real QB then ok but Taylor lol.
 Also we have a beast Secondary, a beast Defensive line,  an all pro LB, A really great Wr, a good QB, and a good coach and GM combo in Lewis and Tolbin. Also two good RBs. All we need is a LB and a couple of decent offensive lineman and where in the thick of things. 
If the Bengals actually address their needs this off-season then they will be golden.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:46 PM)HuDey Wrote: Outside of 2015, all we have gotten done on the field is playing the role of pretender. We are now a far cry from that 2015 team and the separation between us and the Browns is evaporating quickly.

In those two years.. Browns have won one game and have had many many draft picks etc.. and yes we have not played well but we have played nothing like the Browns.. come on man
Reply/Quote
If they draft Barkley, and I really think that they will, then they will have all of the offensive weapons they need plus a really good o-line to go with them.

Problem is, they still have to get the quarterback decision right. They've failed at this repeatedly. Until they find the guy, I'm going to withhold my judgement.
Reply/Quote
Browns looking to trade for Earl Thomas.....
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 10:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think taking the 2nd or 3rd QB in the draft rather than the 1st because the want to take a RB and they have Tylenol Taylor would be a Browns-ey way to wreck this.  I can't see the future, though.

That's also kinda what the Cowboys did with Zeke and Preskott too though. But I get it - it's the Browns, so whatever choice they make will likely be the wrong one.

(03-10-2018, 12:12 AM)Trademark Wrote: Browns looking to trade for Earl Thomas.....

Looks like their tanking days are over.

(And yes I do think they were losing at least partially by design)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 10:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think taking the 2nd or 3rd QB in the draft rather than the 1st because the want to take a RB and they have Tylenol Taylor would be a Browns-ey way to wreck this.  I can't see the future, though.

What would you rather have:

Barkley and Mayfield

Rosen/Darnold and Nick Chubb
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 12:32 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: What would you rather have:

Barkley and Mayfield

Option A
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
After watching guys like Fournette and Zeke change the fortunes of teams overnight, I'd be taking Barkley if I'm the Browns.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Lol they have Tyron Taylor.

I would be more concerned if they had AJM.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 01:15 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol they have Tyron Taylor.  

I would be more concerned if they had AJM.

Tyrod Taylor over the last 2 years: 15-14 with a playoff appearance
Bengals over the last 2 years: 13-18-1 

Not sure we should be laughing at Tyrod Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 01:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tyrod Taylor over the last 2 years: 15-14 with a playoff appearance

He's not terrible.  Durability seems to be an issue, though.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 01:25 AM)samhain Wrote: He's not terrible.  Durability seems to be an issue, though.

He's a "competent" QB who doesn't turn it over and has proven he can win with a solid run game behind him. 

Now if they draft Barkley, they'd probably have that solid run game. Fwiw, he's only missed 4 games in 3 years as starter.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 01:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tyrod Taylor over the last 2 years: 15-14 with a playoff appearance

What's there to be afraid of though?
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 01:29 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What's there to be afraid of though?

See my last post.
Reply/Quote
Still think they’re the 4th best team in the division. Those top 5 picks could certainly narrow that gap though.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 01:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: See my last post.

The dude was benched last year, holds on to the Ball to much, and he doesn't take any chances. He is a less talented Alex Smith. Is he an improvement over Kiser yeah but again that doesn't say much. There a team that needs a lot of work good for the GM for making some moves but there is a lot that needs to get done.
J24

Reply/Quote

Barkley and Mayfield

B. Pass rusher over RB all the time.
J24

Reply/Quote

Barkley and Mayfield

Think with Taylor added they will take Barkley with 1st pick

then take either Darnold, Rosen, or Allen with 4th 

or possibly take Barkley, Chubb, and then trade up in late first for either Mayfield or Lamar

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote